Old September 25th 08, 01:27 AM posted to rec.photo.darkroom
____

Default BW negs to digital??

In article ,
"Gypsy Moth" wrote:

I stumbled across a collection of black and white negatives. It has been
years since I set up and used a darkroom. These ARE NOT art quality shots,
but I would very much like to make an 8 x 10 print of several of the shots
for a reunion. Is there a way to make a digital POSITIVE copy of negs
without going through the usual darkroom process?

Most scanning programs which are the step before Photo Shop
automatically convert the scan from the negative to a positive on screen
image. Once you have the raw scan you adjust it in Photo Shop or other
editing program of choice, then its simply a matter of taking the saved
file to a one hour lab or uploading it to an online service. Snap
fish,Ofoto, Mpix.

--
Reality is a picture perfected and never looking back.