Old March 23rd 06, 03:31 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.zlr

Default purchasing a new camera

On Thu, 23 Mar 2006 15:22:35 GMT, measekite wrote:

Daniel Silevitch wrote:

I was looking at this on Amazon yesterday (a coworker was drooling over
my FZ5, and thinking of buying one) and it looks like:

FZ5: $326
FZ7: $376

with the caveat that the FZ5 was on 1-2 week backorder.

Like I said in another post, I think the new features of the FZ7 is
worth the price difference. You may not.

If I were in the market for a camera right now, I'd also go with the 7.
I don't, however, think that there's enough of an improvement to warrant
selling my FZ5 and buying the newer model.

-dms