Old March 23rd 06, 12:46 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.zlr

Default purchasing a new camera

On Thu, 23 Mar 2006 09:38:10 GMT, David J Taylor wrote:
Agron wrote:
"David J Taylor"
wrote

I have the Panasonic FZ5 and my wife the FZ20, and we have both been
delighted with the cameras. The image stabilisation works very well
indeed, and I would never wish to have a camera without IS in the
future. David

Thanks,
Iknow the FZ5 was a good camera but was wondering what the FZ7 is.

Good question - looking at the review I get the impression that some
things have been improved, but some of the new features (like high ISO)
haven't been well thought out. My /tentative/ view is that unless you
really need the extra megapixels or the other new features, the 5MP FZ5
may be the better value camera to get. What are the comparative prices
now?

I was looking at this on Amazon yesterday (a coworker was drooling over
my FZ5, and thinking of buying one) and it looks like:

FZ5: $326
FZ7: $376

with the caveat that the FZ5 was on 1-2 week backorder.

-dms