Old October 16th 03, 04:07 PM
Robzilla

Default Waht is your audience?

(Michael Scarpitti) wrote in message . com...
Is it more important that 'other photographers' think highly of one's
work, or one's intended audience (meaning primarily
non-photographers)?

Hi Micheal

It's always satisfying to be positively judged by your peers. But the
problem with any art is that response can be subjective to the
individual. My view is that I always try to create pictures that I am
happy with. Thought I admit that I do prefer some of my work to
others. Saying that listening to both photographers and
non-photographers can lead to ideas that be incorporated into the
creative process and lead to better work. The worst thing to do though
is try and target an audience too forcefully. I'm convinced that doing
so can only lead to bland and passionless photographs. All art needs
to come from the heart

Robert Davies

www.findingviews.com