Old January 16th 06, 07:16 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography

Default Avoid the Canon Powershot A620 digital camera

just recently got an A620 from bestbuy and tried the 30fps 640x480
video mode multiples times, filling up a 1gb card, and all came out
fine, no hiss. must be a bad lot. anyway, very happy with the A620,
very fast startup and excellent quality! The hires video mode is truly
amazing, much better than my lowend minidv camera, though ~8minutes
max in 1Gb card.

Many criticize the USB door flap, but to me it is not a big deal, it
pops in ok if you know which corner to push, it is a flexible rubber
door, it is not supposed to be a rigid door.