Old May 2nd 07, 10:29 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
thehick

Default Selecting Photos for Slideshow

On May 2, 5:18 pm, One4All wrote:
I want to produce DVDs of photos that I & others have taken of my
family over a long period of time.

snip
I just recently started to host a web-site for pictures of the
extended family. I grappled with this concept also. and at
first just put everything up. then i realized that doing
some basic categorization would be better. so i grouped
things by:
date -- occasion
-- all
-- highlights
-- bloopers
-- other-people's-pictures

This way folks could just check the highlights of any
occasion and if they had more time/interest, they could
look at everything.

I make sure that every person at any particular occasion
is represented at least in one picture in the Highlight grouping.
Any I give all involved veto power over any pic they are in.

hope this gives you some ideas on how you might
improve your presentation. instead of DVD, I would
suggest setting up a web site with pictures
and flash movies. much more accessible, immediate
and more likely to be useful to everyone.
good luck...thehick