Old November 6th 17, 05:17 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

Default Geotagging app

In article , Mayayana
wrote:

| Do your iPhone have a gyroscope? If not then it's obsolete for pinpoint
| accuracy navigation!

Don't allow cellphones have a gyroscope if they allow
for changing orientation? And why is that needed
for altitude? I assumed the iPhone was calling some
service that uses the cell towers (or satellite?) for
the data.

as usual, you assume wrong.

iphones have a gps, which can show altitude if it's tracking 4 or more
gps satellites, just as any gps would.

a gyro is not relevant.

But you know more than I do.

many people do.

I don't use an iPhone
and can't imagine caring about altitude data for photos.
As I said, this was not my phone. It was a friend taking
pictures with an iPhone 6. Have you tested with your
own phone for altitude accuracy?

it depends on gps reception.