Showing results 1 to 25 of 25
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Phillip Helbig[_2_]
Forum: Digital Photography June 20th 20, 08:21 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 4
A cautionary tale about infringement of copyright in photographs - with a twist.

In article ,
RichA writes:

On Thursday, 18 June 2020 21:39:13 UTC-4, nospam wrote:
In article...
Forum: Digital Photography May 20th 20, 12:52 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 5
Air vs Pro vs 16" Pro - life is hard

In article , David_B
writes:

Have you considered one of these instead?

https://www.apple.com/uk/ipad-pro/

*Be sure to scroll*!
Forum: Digital Photography April 12th 20, 07:55 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 47
Film camera

In article , -hh
writes:

Does DEU's include free medical?

Yes.

Actually, what happened before continues...
Forum: Digital Photography April 11th 20, 01:03 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 47
Film camera

In article , Alfred Molon
writes:

I don't know. I used to think that pensions are not that high in
the USA.

But...
Forum: Digital Photography May 1st 19, 11:26 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.computer.workshop
Replies: 185
Regarding Pirate Bay and VPNs (was - A good judge of character? :) )

In article , "David B."
writes:

Has it ever crossed your mind that this blog site may well have been put
up by Law Enforcement so...
Forum: Digital Photography June 14th 18, 07:17 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 68
Question for you Apple crazies

In article , Bill W
writes:

My home is paid for, and I'm moving to a place where housing is about
half what it is here, so if I...
Forum: Digital Photography February 12th 18, 07:12 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 43
Fuji's Moving Away From Retro

In article , Savageduck
writes:

It took 56 *REAL* hours from the time of take off from Heathrow until
the...
Forum: Digital Photography January 13th 18, 11:06 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 59
thumbnail sizes

In article , "Mayayana"
writes:

Then the only other thing I can think of is that
the cameras are saving at different quality levels
and...
Forum: Digital Photography January 12th 18, 07:12 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 59
thumbnail sizes

In article , "Carlos E.R."
writes:

Maybe he wants to have a directory that loads and browses fast with
small versions of the photos....
Forum: Digital Photography January 12th 18, 07:07 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 59
thumbnail sizes

In article ,
Savageduck writes:

I am still baffled as why these thumbnails have to be produced in the first...
Forum: Digital Photography January 12th 18, 07:05 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 59
thumbnail sizes

In article , "Carlos E.R."

On 2018-01-07 23:30, Mayayana wrote:
"Phillip Helbig (undress to reply)"...
Forum: Digital Photography January 12th 18, 07:02 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 59
thumbnail sizes

In article , "Mayayana"
writes:

| I've been using this to make thumbnails of jpeg files:
|
| for img in *.JPG; do
| echo...
Forum: Digital Photography January 7th 18, 09:09 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 2
Pentax K10D

Does anyone here still use the Pentax K10D?

What about the recommendation to change the JPEG style from "natural" to
"brilliant" in order to get slightly sharper JPEG files (a common
criticism...
Forum: Digital Photography January 7th 18, 09:07 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 59
thumbnail sizes

I've been using this to make thumbnails of jpeg files:

for img in *.JPG; do
echo thumbnailing $img
convert -geometry 105x70 $img $img
done

Files from the K10D result in thumbnails of...
Forum: Digital Photography January 7th 18, 09:02 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 1
PRINT3:2 ratio---almost

My K10D has 3872 × 2592 pixels. 3888 would be exactly 3:2. My GR has
4928 × 3264 4896 would be exactly 3:2. Why is the K10D 16 pixels too
narrow and the GR 32 pixels too tall? Why isn't the...
Forum: Digital Photography January 4th 18, 12:40 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 28
long-term storage for digital photos, videos etc

In the old days, I used film. I had my first SLR in 1983 (Ricoh KR5).
Around 2002, I started getting a CD of the pictures along with the
prints. The JPEG files are around 500 kB. When I have...
Forum: Digital Photography September 12th 17, 10:49 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 6
Movie made about Kodachrome

In article , Scott Schuckert
writes:

I understand that Kodachrome is no longer processed, but I found the
processing extremely convenient. The...
Forum: Digital Photography April 20th 17, 10:13 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 213
Film scanners?

I moved to SLR digital photography in 2008 (Pentax K10 D) and later
bought a compact digital camera (Ricoh GR). I used film 1983--2008
(Ricoh KR5 Super). I probably have about 1500 photos made with...
Forum: Digital Photography December 4th 16, 09:37 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 253
How many Smart Cards out there have pictures on them that can't be read?

In article , Alan Browne

On 2016-12-04 14:57, J. Clarke wrote:

Neat thing about an ebook is that...
Forum: Digital Photography May 24th 15, 01:31 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 23
scanning old negatives

In article ,
Sandman writes:

The size of the file is only one parameter, the dimensions of the image
is also a factor....
Forum: Digital Photography May 24th 15, 10:36 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 23
scanning old negatives

Now that I photograph exclusively digitally (Pentax K10D and Ricoh GR),
of course I have all the pictures as JPEG files (and RAW as well from
the K10D). I got the K10D in 2008. From 2002 until...
Forum: Digital Photography February 7th 15, 02:00 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 104
Who's for 50 Megapixels?

In article , Alfred Molon
writes:

In article , Alan Browne
says...
24...
Forum: Digital Photography February 7th 15, 11:16 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 104
Who's for 50 Megapixels?

In article , philo
writes:

50 MP camera might be good for producing ten-foot-tall prints.

But only if you view (part of) them up close.
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment February 1st 15, 09:05 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 1
Big score at auction

In article , Michael
writes:

Went to my local auction house Friday night and scored a camera lot
which included: Nikon FE...
Forum: Digital Photography December 22nd 14, 07:48 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 5
Professionals: How Do You Ask for a Raise?????

In article , nospam
writes:

Some of the best wedding photos I've seen were just good candid shots
taken by a guest who...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 25