Showing results 1 to 25 of 39
Search took 0.07 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Mike Jacoubowsky
Forum: Digital Photography December 6th 07, 05:52 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 17
Posted By Mike Jacoubowsky
Compact Camera with RAW - what's the cheapest possible one ?

I agree with you. Most don't. That's why there should be some camera
choices for enthusiasts who really care about their cheaper point and
shoot pictures (like me) who also own DSLR's.

The...
Forum: Digital Photography December 4th 07, 06:54 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 17
Posted By Mike Jacoubowsky
Compact Camera with RAW - what's the cheapest possible one ?

So maybe RAW isn't a good idea. Maybe that's why it's not offered to the
masses ? I just know that the RAW images out of the Rebel are far
superior when I want to make a nice picture up...
Forum: Digital Photography December 3rd 07, 05:06 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 17
Posted By Mike Jacoubowsky
Compact Camera with RAW - what's the cheapest possible one ?

"Steve M" wrote in message
Anyone have any ideas on this ? Seems RAW would be the best way to get a
great image quality and...
Forum: Digital Point & Shoot Cameras September 3rd 07, 03:51 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.point+shoot
Replies: 23
Posted By Mike Jacoubowsky
No P&S for a serious hobbyist?

So, I think, a bigger and more sensitive sensor and slower (letting less
light through) lens will be a better combination than a fast lens and
small
sensor. (also because of the diffraction,...
Forum: Digital Point & Shoot Cameras September 2nd 07, 08:37 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.point+shoot
Replies: 23
Posted By Mike Jacoubowsky
No P&S for a serious hobbyist?

Sorry, nothing can be done about small sensors. It seems to be a
"cartel" decision not to offer decent size sensors in P&S cameras.

Not exactly. Larger sensors dictate larger lenses....
Forum: Digital Point & Shoot Cameras September 1st 07, 06:29 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.point+shoot
Replies: 23
Posted By Mike Jacoubowsky
No P&S for a serious hobbyist?

Olympus SP-560 UZ and Panasonic FZ18 begin at 28mm and seem to offer
many things you want. Ricoh GX100 begins at 24mm.

Sorry, nothing can be done about small sensors. It seems to be a
Forum: Digital Point & Shoot Cameras August 31st 07, 07:27 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.point+shoot,rec.photo.digital.zlr
Replies: 23
Posted By Mike Jacoubowsky
No P&S for a serious hobbyist?

Living with a very nice film SLR, and a digital p&s, i decided to
investigate a serious ditial p&s as my travel camera: compact size,
28-200 range, manual control.

Frankly, I am disgusted...
Forum: Digital ZLR Cameras August 31st 07, 07:27 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.point+shoot,rec.photo.digital.zlr
Replies: 15
Posted By Mike Jacoubowsky
No P&S for a serious hobbyist?

Living with a very nice film SLR, and a digital p&s, i decided to
investigate a serious ditial p&s as my travel camera: compact size,
28-200 range, manual control.

Frankly, I am disgusted...
Forum: Digital Photography July 1st 07, 05:56 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 14
Posted By Mike Jacoubowsky
How many pix/camera do you take?

We find we take far more pixs on digicams than we did with film. Even
so, last time my wife took a film camera on a foreign trip, she took
20 rolls of film.

We have had our D50 for less...
Forum: Digital Photography July 1st 07, 05:53 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 14
Posted By Mike Jacoubowsky
How many pix/camera do you take?

I think that all the cameras I've had roll over at 9999 back to 0000 (or
0001?). Many use a separate directory for each 100-200 pictures. As for
me, these are the digital pictures I have...
Forum: Digital Photography June 16th 07, 06:47 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 9
Posted By Mike Jacoubowsky
2Mb xD

Is there a reason to be wary of the 2 Mb card?

Just asking because a friend has one and it is showing a Card Error after
one use. Would it be better to have 1Mb cards?

As far as I know, all...
Forum: Digital Photography June 11th 07, 07:37 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 27
Posted By Mike Jacoubowsky
Which camera? Pros and cons please.

My criteria, which I suspect most cameras address reasonably well:
*Manual control option
*Good battery life
*Should have easy to use controls
*At least 6 Mp
*Must have viewfinder

Forum: Digital Photography May 10th 07, 05:41 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 11
Posted By Mike Jacoubowsky
CA gets worse with time?

The chromatic aberration was never that good with my 1st digicam: an
Olympus C4040 from the start but I'm sure it got worse after a while. My
current PowewrShot A710IS was virtually free from...
Forum: Digital Photography May 7th 07, 03:44 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 58
Posted By Mike Jacoubowsky
sigma SD 14 reviews?

So why are rthere so few SD-14 reviews? IMO, it's becasue it's a
camera based on a lie (it's not a 14MP camera), that is mediocre in
performance, and any review will garner the reviewer much...
Forum: Digital Photography April 3rd 07, 05:04 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 5
Posted By Mike Jacoubowsky
Canon battery

Is an NB-2LH just a higher power version of the NB-2L (and so will they
fit in an EOS400)?

From what I hear, yes. But please keep in mind that aftermarket replacement
batteries, if you're...
Forum: Digital Photography February 25th 07, 09:04 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 21
Posted By Mike Jacoubowsky
"Fuji Finepix F30 is a fantastic compact camera"

[snip] This is an issue for point-and-shoot cameras in general; once
you've been spoiled with a decent dSLR, where you can blow an image up
and up and up and deal with what you...
Forum: Digital Photography February 24th 07, 06:51 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 21
Posted By Mike Jacoubowsky
"Fuji Finepix F30 is a fantastic compact camera"

Don't know why I feel compelled to reply but...

The F30 is a good camera, but it lacks a few things keeping it from being
a great camera.

Wish it could take AA batteries.

A non-issue for...
Forum: Digital Photography January 22nd 07, 07:28 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 5
Posted By Mike Jacoubowsky
Canon 350d Pixs of Prague

Perhaps he *wanted us to clearly see the background. We've all seen
sidewalk performers, but the context of the city isn't completely
worthless... I'd have probably shot it both ways, and see...
Forum: Digital Photography January 7th 07, 06:19 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 12
Posted By Mike Jacoubowsky
"This compact camera still has no rivals"

Great. And if Fuji played fair, I might even consider one!

Not sure what "played fair" means. But my Fuji
F20 (price was $140) rivals any small P&S I've
used .. and beats them...
Forum: Digital Photography January 7th 07, 06:16 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 10
Posted By Mike Jacoubowsky
Best Photo Organizer Out There?

I don't care if there is an annual fee, but I'm looking for the best place
to store my photos with the best quality, I'm using Picasa right now.

Picassa works great, and as a Google product, I...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras December 25th 06, 10:49 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 25
Posted By Mike Jacoubowsky
Rebel XT, mine 1st SLR

You know this is really difficult to me. I went thru the a very difficult
stage. Stage of disappointment. I believe that many peoples had a similar
experience. As I said in my previous post I'm...
Forum: Digital Photography December 25th 06, 06:55 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 25
Posted By Mike Jacoubowsky
Best Wedding Photography Camera

Everybody is entitled to their opinions, but I am baffled by the cult of
the
F30 low light photos. I find I can't bear to look at any pictures I took
with
my F30 in any ISO over 400. ...
Forum: Digital Point & Shoot Cameras December 22nd 06, 08:12 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.point+shoot
Replies: 0
Posted By Mike Jacoubowsky
Fuji warranty issue

My Fuji F30 developed a small smude-like area where the pixels are darker
than elsewhere. Shows up at all resolutions and focal lengths, so it's
likely on a lens element near the sensor (or perhaps...
Forum: Digital Photography December 19th 06, 06:31 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 3
Posted By Mike Jacoubowsky
Distortion from Fuji E550

Our Fuji E550 digital camera is starting to distort our photos more and
more often.

Here's a sample: http://tinyurl.com/y276d7

Anyone recognize what's going on?

Ick. Looks very similar...
Forum: Digital Photography December 14th 06, 07:16 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 7
Posted By Mike Jacoubowsky
What cameras for 1 GB Secure Digital SD Memory Cards?

I received a box of 1 GB Secure Digital SD Memory Cards (no brand name)
samples from a supplier but have no cameras to go with them. Anyway to
quickly figure out what cameras take this memory...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 39