Showing results 1 to 25 of 32
Search took 0.55 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: RPS
Forum: Digital Photography April 1st 08, 04:58 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 2
Posted By RPS
Do we have any place to buy new Fuji Finepix S1000fd

pj wrote:

: Thanks for any help

Available through Amazon.com...
Forum: Digital Photography February 27th 08, 03:02 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 10
Posted By RPS
A "Superb" Lens

Bob Williams wrote:

: I was just musing and wanted some input from this group.
: Could a manufacturer design a GOOD lens and run a series of tests to
: determine the exact...
Forum: Digital Photography February 6th 08, 05:57 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 15
Posted By RPS
Panasonic DMZ-FZ8 versus comparable dSLR

Your signature mentions "many other" cameras. Which non-dslr ones do
you have, besides the FZ-8?

I am looking at the FZ-18, but would like to wait a little until this
"blue band" problem is behind...
Forum: Digital Photography November 2nd 07, 06:54 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 8
Posted By RPS
New Camera Review Style

: I have not see this camera review site before.
: They have a different style than most.
: http://www.digitalcamerainfo.com/
: Better than DPreview?
:
: The background color is better, fer...
Forum: Digital Photography September 3rd 07, 03:17 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 13
Posted By RPS
Lighter cameras

David J Taylor
wrote:

: For a compact camera with high image quality, I would recommend the
: Panasonic range, which have Leica lenses. I...
Forum: Digital Point & Shoot Cameras September 3rd 07, 06:50 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.point+shoot
Replies: 23
Posted By RPS
No P&S for a serious hobbyist?

Nobody is saying the there are no physical limitations, only that the
cameras are nowhere near them. What is being offered or withheld is
governed not by physics but marketing decisions.

The 35 mm...
Forum: Digital Photography September 3rd 07, 06:42 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 13
Posted By RPS
Lighter cameras

MikeM wrote:

: Is there a P & S camera that is closer to the level of SLRs, picture
: quality and functions, than others. I have read a number of reviews
: but have been...
Forum: Digital Point & Shoot Cameras August 31st 07, 03:53 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.point+shoot
Replies: 23
Posted By RPS
No P&S for a serious hobbyist?

Olympus SP-560 UZ and Panasonic FZ18 begin at 28mm and seem to offer
many things you want. Ricoh GX100 begins at 24mm.

Sorry, nothing can be done about small sensors. It seems to be a
"cartel"...
Forum: Digital Photography August 29th 07, 04:28 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.zlr
Replies: 21
Posted By RPS
Making sense of the sensor size?

Could somebody please explain the jargon used to denote the sensor size?
I mean numbers like 1/1.7. How does this translate to actual size
(dimensions or area)?

What is the typical size for DSLR?...
Forum: Digital ZLR Cameras August 29th 07, 04:28 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.zlr
Replies: 19
Posted By RPS
Making sense of the sensor size?

Could somebody please explain the jargon used to denote the sensor size?
I mean numbers like 1/1.7. How does this translate to actual size
(dimensions or area)?

What is the typical size for DSLR?...
Forum: Digital Point & Shoot Cameras August 16th 07, 10:20 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.point+shoot
Replies: 10
Posted By RPS
Why do they always leave out one feature?!

RPS wrote:

: I look at Panasonic LX2 (= Leica D-LUX 3). It is perfect in every way
: except one: the zoom range is too small.
:
: Then there is TZ3. Perfect in zoom range and most...
Forum: Digital Photography August 16th 07, 10:20 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.point+shoot
Replies: 22

RPS wrote:

: I look at Panasonic LX2 (= Leica D-LUX 3). It is perfect in every way
: except one: the zoom range is too small.
:
: Then there is TZ3. Perfect in zoom range and most...
Forum: Digital Point & Shoot Cameras August 16th 07, 09:21 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.point+shoot
Replies: 10
Posted By RPS
Why do they always leave out one feature?!

I look at Panasonic LX2 (= Leica D-LUX 3). It is perfect in every way
except one: the zoom range is too small.

Then there is TZ3. Perfect in zoom range and most every way except
one: lack of...
Forum: Digital Photography August 16th 07, 09:21 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.point+shoot
Replies: 22
Posted By RPS
Why do they always leave out one feature?!

I look at Panasonic LX2 (= Leica D-LUX 3). It is perfect in every way
except one: the zoom range is too small.

Then there is TZ3. Perfect in zoom range and most every way except
one: lack of...
Forum: Digital Photography August 14th 07, 09:59 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 28
Posted By RPS
Can anyone explain this shadow ?

wrote:

: On the afternoon of June 23 this year, I took some 20 shots of
: an unusual, constantly-changing display of colours on the edge
: of a cloud, evidently caused by...
Forum: Digital Photography August 14th 07, 06:05 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 2
Posted By RPS
Need help selecting a camera

Jack wrote:

: Four years ago, several people on this newsgroup recommended to me to
: buy a refurbished camera from CompGeeks. A couple of people suggested
: the Fuji...
Forum: Digital Point & Shoot Cameras August 13th 07, 09:45 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.point+shoot
Replies: 4
Posted By RPS
Which of these features would you give up in a travel camera

DaveB wrote:

: 1. Manageable size. Not necessarily light, but should fit a big pocket.
: Very important.
:
: 2. At least 28mm at the wide end.
: Somewhat...
Forum: Digital Photography August 13th 07, 09:45 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.point+shoot
Replies: 7

DaveB wrote:

: 1. Manageable size. Not necessarily light, but should fit a big pocket.
: Very important.
:
: 2. At least 28mm at the wide end.
: Somewhat...
Forum: Digital Point & Shoot Cameras August 13th 07, 09:31 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.point+shoot
Replies: 11

Ron Hunter wrote:

: 1. Manageable size. Not necessarily light, but should fit a big pocket.
: 2. At least 28mm at the wide end.
: 3. Approx 200+ mm at the tele end. (No...
Forum: Digital Photography August 13th 07, 09:31 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.point+shoot
Replies: 14

Ron Hunter wrote:

: 1. Manageable size. Not necessarily light, but should fit a big pocket.
: 2. At least 28mm at the wide end.
: 3. Approx 200+ mm at the tele end. (No...
Forum: Digital Photography August 13th 07, 07:53 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 7
Posted By RPS
Which of these features would you give up in a travel camera

David J Taylor
wrote:

: I have a Ricoh R5, which I have found acceptable, and I have seen pictures
: from the Panasonic Lumix TZ3 which are...
Forum: Digital Photography August 13th 07, 07:14 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.point+shoot
Replies: 7
Posted By RPS
Which of these features would you give up in a travel camera

I am looking for an all-purpose travel camera which I can always keep
with me. I made a list of all the features I would want and DPreview
tells me it doesn't exit! Great.

So which of the following...
Forum: Digital Point & Shoot Cameras August 13th 07, 07:14 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.point+shoot
Replies: 4
Posted By RPS
Which of these features would you give up in a travel camera

I am looking for an all-purpose travel camera which I can always keep
with me. I made a list of all the features I would want and DPreview
tells me it doesn't exit! Great.

So which of the following...
Forum: Digital Point & Shoot Cameras August 13th 07, 06:54 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.point+shoot
Replies: 1
Posted By RPS
PANASONIC v LEICA (lx2, d-lux 3)

I understand that Panasonic LX2 and Leica D-LUX 3 are almost identical
cameras, except in "signal processing".

If you have experience with both, how do the two compare?

Does Leica's signal...
Forum: Digital Photography August 13th 07, 06:54 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.point+shoot