Showing results 1 to 25 of 125
Search took 0.33 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: David J Taylor[_2_]
Forum: Digital Photography June 24th 07, 10:26 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 13
Best noise reduction software

Alfred Molon wrote:
Which of these noise reduction filters delivers the best results:

Neatimage
Helicon
Noiseware
Noise Ninja
Anything else?

Paint Shop Pro 10 (and likely PSP-9 and...
Forum: Digital Photography June 21st 07, 10:56 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 34
Why does older CoolPix-995 work with scopes, and DSLRs will not?

bugbear wrote:
Olin K. McDaniel wrote:
Perhaps this should be posted in a "Digiscoping" news group, but I
don't believe there is any such.

No - but there are several such forums on the...
Forum: Digital Photography June 21st 07, 10:55 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 781
which PC

Floyd L. Davidson wrote:
[]
[]
Selective editing of context to change the precise
statement is not dignified.

The original reference is there...
Forum: Digital Photography June 21st 07, 08:13 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 11
Seeking Camcorder Advise

The Bobert wrote:
I can get a Sony Camcorder at the employee discount price.

This group is about still photography.

David
Forum: Digital Photography June 21st 07, 08:13 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 3
Canon zr 500, 600, 0r 700

ace wrote:
I want to get a mini dv camcorder and those three are my choices. I
could care less about the sd slot, but if it has one, so be it. I
will be using it at theme parks, so out of the...
Forum: Digital Photography June 21st 07, 07:54 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 122
Leica lens on Panasonic subcompact - any good?

m II wrote:
[]
The noise issue seems to be a CONTINUOUS point of contention. Great
lens, sub par pictures.I have the FZ30 and I speak from personal use.

With the earlier FZ5 and FZ20 (both 5MP...
Forum: Digital Photography June 20th 07, 09:08 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 341
Why not make the sensor larger?

Alfred Molon wrote:
In article , david-
says...

That may be, but it could have been so much...
Forum: Digital Photography June 20th 07, 09:06 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 781
which PC

Ray Fischer wrote:
David J Taylor
wrote:
Ray Fischer wrote:
[]
Yes, it does. I've seen the code and Apple diagrees with...
Forum: Digital Photography June 20th 07, 09:05 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 781
which PC

Floyd L. Davidson wrote:
"David J Taylor"
[]
I am now closing my involvement in this discussion, with the
exception of correcting any errors such as the above.

Since you are the one...
Forum: Digital Photography June 20th 07, 06:07 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 781
which PC

Floyd L. Davidson wrote:
"David J Taylor"
wrote:
Floyd L. Davidson wrote:
"David J Taylor"
Forum: Digital Photography June 20th 07, 05:45 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 781
which PC

Floyd L. Davidson wrote:
"David J Taylor"
[]
Defragmentation is not necessary on Windows either, but it
can result in a noticeably faster system if a disk has been allowed
to become very...
Forum: Digital Photography June 20th 07, 05:42 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 21
Coolpix 5700 dead: replace or repair?

Bill Funk wrote:
[]
I missed it because it wasn't in my reader when I posted.
Yes, you beat me by more than 2 hours!
Congratulations! :-)

It's surprising what difference having a permanent...
Forum: Digital Photography June 20th 07, 04:48 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 781
which PC

As the discussions have now got rather off-topic, I'll leave it with a
final recommendation for "get as much as memory as you can"!

David
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras June 20th 07, 04:44 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 98
Europe sucks for prices

Bill Funk wrote:
On Tue, 19 Jun 2007 16:27:31 GMT, "David J Taylor"
[]
Something which reminds people of their responsibilities when at the
wheel would generally get my vote.

How would...
Forum: Digital Photography June 20th 07, 04:38 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 781
which PC

Floyd L. Davidson wrote:
[]
There is probably a great deal more disk usage than you
realize, at least on a unix based system. Each shell
writes to a history file, reads from various
Forum: Digital Photography June 20th 07, 04:27 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 781
which PC

Floyd L. Davidson wrote:
"David J Taylor"
wrote:
Ray Fischer wrote:
[]
Yes, it does. I've seen the code and Apple diagrees...
Forum: Digital Photography June 20th 07, 12:36 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 341
Why not make the sensor larger?

David J. Littleboy wrote:
[]
But it makes less sense for dcams. The FZ20 folks think they have a
450mm f/2.8 lens, when the flux per pixel is a fraction of what the
30D sees from a 300mm f/5.6...
Forum: Digital Photography June 20th 07, 12:29 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 341
Why not make the sensor larger?

Alfred Molon wrote:
In article ,
says...

Yes, an improvement, but not complete...
Forum: Digital Photography June 20th 07, 12:21 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 781
which PC

Ray Fischer wrote:
[]
Yes, it does. I've seen the code and Apple diagrees with you.

Thanks for that pointer - it throws some light on the...
Forum: Digital Photography June 20th 07, 12:14 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 781
which PC

Floyd L. Davidson wrote:
"David J Taylor"
wrote:
Floyd L. Davidson wrote:
[]
Most PC's are *not* actually single user...
Forum: Digital Photography June 20th 07, 12:03 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 781
which PC

Scott Schuckert wrote:
[]
I have to think WAY back on that one; in the 80's I was trained by IBM
up in NY state for Macintosh connectivity. If I recall correctly, some
terminal emulations...
Forum: Digital Photography June 20th 07, 11:53 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 781
which PC

Ron Hunter wrote:
[]
All fragment, and they need not be full to suffer from performance
loss. My NTFS drives are defraged every day, automatically, and they
always have fragmented files. Many...
Forum: Digital Photography June 20th 07, 11:46 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 781
which PC

Ron Hunter wrote:
[]
As bad as the 3270 terminal might seem today, they certainly were
better than what came before.

The comparison I had (at the time) was some sort of magic box that
connected...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras June 19th 07, 07:25 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 2
Epson p2000/p4000

the_niner_nation wrote:
I got the epson p4000 from ebay (same as a p2000 but with an 80gb HD)
for a decent price, but when i got it, im really annoyed off that it
dosnt work properly...it...
Forum: Digital Photography June 19th 07, 07:21 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 781
which PC

nospam wrote:
[]
a terminal emulator may not have been bundled with the os, but there
were numerous third party terminal emulator programs available.

macterminal and versaterm have already...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 125