Showing results 1 to 15 of 15
Search took 0.27 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Ståle Sannerud
Forum: Digital Photography February 24th 07, 09:33 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 15
Posted By Ståle Sannerud
Nikon D40 comments and question

I'd imagine it is a lens flare off the reflected light from the water.

Yeah. Guess it's normal. Didn't think there was enough light off the
water to create that much flare though. Could...
Forum: Digital Photography February 23rd 07, 11:28 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 87
Posted By Ståle Sannerud
Are we heading back to full frame digital?

You should also remember that the cost of a sensor rises exponentially
with
price.
Really? isn't that always 1:1? :)

I don't understand why its cheaper to make a 4MP sensor 24mm...
Forum: Digital Photography February 21st 07, 11:19 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 13
Posted By Ståle Sannerud
Canon EOS D30 "lenses"

"Alain's Studio" skrev i melding
Sorry Folks but I did a typo and it's the EOS 30D
- I have just bought it today and I'm...
Forum: Digital Photography February 21st 07, 11:11 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 11
Posted By Ståle Sannerud
What sort of lens would be best...

Most of us old farts are carrying around about 25 extra pounds and
fatigue easily because we don't get enough exercise.

Eat right, exercise and then you can carry at least two 2.8 lenses as
Forum: Digital Photography February 21st 07, 10:58 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 31
Posted By Ståle Sannerud
Sensors and sizes of digital cameras

skrev i melding
what is the problem with putting larger sensor in smaller camera ? why
it has to be a bulky DSLR...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras February 20th 07, 11:55 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 19
Posted By Ståle Sannerud
best camera to learn photography on?

I should have mentioned also that the D40 will be in the same situation
with many, if not most, of the third-party lenses. Any lens that doesn't
have the autofocus motor in the lens itself...
Forum: Digital Photography February 20th 07, 11:44 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 13
Posted By Ståle Sannerud
Canon EOS D30 "lenses"

Huh? I'm under the impression that the EF-S lenses will certainly
fit a 300D. Indeed, you say so right below (I've trimmed a paragraph
in between.)

Yes, my bad. Clumsy phrasing on my part....
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment January 29th 07, 06:00 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 57
Posted By Ståle Sannerud
Jump at EOS 5D or wait?

Not at all. I paid a deposit on the EOS 5D six weeks before it was
officially announced. I paid a deposit on the Leica M8 three months
before it was officially announced.

If you know your...
Forum: Digital Photography December 8th 06, 02:59 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 8
Posted By Ståle Sannerud
Best second lens for Canon 400D

skrev i melding
Thanks for the advice everybody, I've been out of the hobby since my
early twenties, I'm now...
Forum: Digital Photography December 4th 06, 05:30 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 14
Posted By Ståle Sannerud
Trading in a D70 for a D40

"J. Clarke" skrev i melding
On Mon, 04 Dec 2006 14:40:04 +0100, Ståle Sannerud wrote:

Anyone trying to use an f/2.8 zoom for...
Forum: Digital Photography October 22nd 06, 11:51 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 17
Posted By Ståle Sannerud
Canon/Nikon, New/Used?

We are thinking of getting a dSLR, and initially cirling on Canon or
Nikon due to availability of used fixed-length lenses.

We will be looking at the lower end, 350d/400d/D50/D70s/D80 and...
Forum: Digital Photography October 22nd 06, 11:10 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 45
Posted By Ståle Sannerud
What make a lens normal ?

http://www.sigma-photo.com/lenses/lenses_all_details.asp?id=3236

Wow!!! I'd thought that "EX DG" referred to APS-sized coverage but it
looks like it is full frame. Still, it's two stops...
Forum: Digital Photography October 22nd 06, 10:53 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 45
Posted By Ståle Sannerud
What make a lens normal ?

There was a 40/1.4 and 42/1.2 for the Olympus Pen F half-frame 35mm
system, whose image area was similar in size to APS-C. But I think
that was easier to do because the whole camera was scaled...
Forum: Digital Photography October 22nd 06, 10:44 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 7
Posted By Ståle Sannerud
Canon 18-35mm EF-S (part of XTi kit)?

"Dr. Joel M. Hoffman" skrev i melding

I see that the 18-35mm EF-S lens is only $100. I'm thinking of
getting an XTi and using my existing...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment October 22nd 06, 01:21 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 2
Posted By Ståle Sannerud
Hoya HMC CP filter

"Eydz" skrev i melding
Hi,

Good day! I have just started photography as my hobby. I recently
bought Canon...
Showing results 1 to 15 of 15