Showing results 1 to 25 of 48
Search took 0.04 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Morton Linder
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras February 11th 11, 02:37 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 6
Posted By Morton Linder
Why I won't buy a Sony NEX yet

Rich wrote:
On Feb 9, 8:14 pm, wrote:
wrote:
On Feb 9, 4:30 pm, wrote:
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras February 5th 11, 02:29 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 0
Posted By Morton Linder
Olympus DSLR line is...dead

Bruce wrote:
wrote:
On Feb 4, 3:46 am, wrote:
wrote:
This is definitely a coffin nail. I've said...
Forum: Digital Photography January 30th 11, 02:19 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 29
Posted By Morton Linder
And the E-PL2 goes back

Bowser wrote:
I really, really wanted to like this camera, but after two days of
tolerating it, it's going back to B&H. For starters, the IQ is not much
better than a Canon G12. Secondly, the...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras January 18th 11, 04:02 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,alt.photography
Replies: 30
Posted By Morton Linder
Chodachrome processing on life support

whisky-dave wrote:
Certainly a long shot better than Agfa's CT-18 for example, of which most of
mine from the 80s have now faded to a horrible brown.

Hi,

Some years ago, having run out of...
Forum: Digital Photography February 27th 07, 02:14 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 40
Posted By Morton Linder
REPUTABLE NYC camera shops?

Dr. Joel M. Hoffman wrote:
I' will be in New York City - Manhattan at the end of March. Anyone able to
recommend a good shop (not a tourist rip-off) that I could visit while I'm
there? ...
Forum: Digital Photography February 13th 07, 01:43 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 32
Posted By Morton Linder
A few pictures from my Africa trip

Hello,

Here is the start of a new gallery on Africa:

http://www.clarkvision.com/galleries/gallery.africa

(Warning: some...
Forum: Digital Photography February 12th 07, 01:34 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 10
Posted By Morton Linder
HP vs Epson paper?

louise wrote:
Just bought an HP 8250 and discover I seem to prefer Epson paper but I'm
concerned about making archival prints which I hope will last a long
long time. I was also under an...
Forum: Digital Photography February 6th 07, 02:33 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 25
Posted By Morton Linder
Paris by night - France

tom wrote:
Hello,

Some news pictures in my web : Paris by night

It's here : http://tomcuss.free.fr/webphoto/Paris_La_Nuit/index.htm

Thank's for visits and comments.

Regards,
Forum: Digital Photography February 3rd 07, 10:20 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 21
Posted By Morton Linder
compact camera with best battery life

Mark² wrote:

ray wrote:

On Sat, 03 Feb 2007 13:42:43 -0500, Jim Shaffer wrote:

I've been looking for a compact camera with very long battery life,
and so far it seems like the...
Forum: Digital Photography February 3rd 07, 10:18 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 11
Posted By Morton Linder
Using Flash Beyond The Guide Number Distance.

Mardon wrote:
At 105mm & ISO100 my Canon Speedlite 580EX has a guide number of 58
(meters). At ISO3200 (maximum ISO of the Canon 20D) the 'effective' guide
number becomes 328. My lens has a...
Forum: Digital Photography February 3rd 07, 01:23 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 11
Posted By Morton Linder
Chimping reaches epic and epidemic proportions!

Rita Ä Berkowitz wrote:
Yes, it was a sight to see this morning during a news briefing at the
Pentagon. Most of the PJs there were chimping like they just fell of a
truck carrying 20,000...
Forum: Digital Photography February 1st 07, 01:26 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 18
Posted By Morton Linder
canon a710, or sd630 or sd600?

bluezfolk wrote:
On Jan 30, 5:15 pm, "alexr" wrote:

Planning to get a digital camera. Total novice. Want to use it for
vacation photos and want it to last many years....
Forum: Digital Photography January 31st 07, 02:33 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 18
Posted By Morton Linder
canon a710, or sd630 or sd600?

alexr wrote:
Planning to get a digital camera. Total novice. Want to use it for
vacation photos and want it to last many years. Seems like a710 or
sd630, sd600 are most popular. Which would...
Forum: Digital Photography January 28th 07, 09:10 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 217
Posted By Morton Linder
JPEG degradation

David Dyer-Bennet wrote:
Ron Hunter wrote:

David Dyer-Bennet wrote:

Ron Hunter wrote:

David Dyer-Bennet wrote:

Paul D. Sullivan wrote:
Forum: Digital Photography January 23rd 07, 09:02 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 6
Posted By Morton Linder
Dutch photo website

Pjotr-images wrote:
Hi dear people,

Please feel free to look at my renewed photo website. A lot of dutch
photos in all categories:
Kids, Portraits, travel (Alaska, Bulgaria), Weddings and...
Forum: Digital Photography January 22nd 07, 02:53 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 4
Posted By Morton Linder
Canon sd800is thoughts?

QUAKEnSHAKE wrote:
Hi
Im looking at getting the SD800is. Not had a camera ever really
besides a disposable. I borrowed a Sony N2 & W70 at christmas and got
mixed results from those
The...
Forum: Digital Photography December 10th 06, 04:40 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 104
Posted By Morton Linder
more praise for B&H

Phil Wheeler wrote:
Mark² wrote:

B&H is second to NONE when it comes to fairness with returns, so I
take your story with a very large grain of salt.

Also my experience: B&H is...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras December 10th 06, 04:40 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 82
Posted By Morton Linder
more praise for B&H

Phil Wheeler wrote:
Mark² wrote:

B&H is second to NONE when it comes to fairness with returns, so I
take your story with a very large grain of salt.

Also my experience: B&H is...
Forum: Digital Photography December 7th 06, 11:44 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 13
Posted By Morton Linder
Saving zoomed pictures

Charles Schuler wrote:
wrote in message

I have downloaded my digital pictures to Picassa. I have zoomed in...
Forum: Digital Photography November 30th 06, 01:21 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 8
Posted By Morton Linder
different shipping system

mogh baba wrote:
Hi,
I live in Norway and for first time I want to order some photo
equipment from B&H. Ther are three shipping alternatives:
- US Mail - Global Express Mail 102.75 USD
-...
Forum: Digital Photography November 28th 06, 02:24 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 69
Posted By Morton Linder
Why do Kodak make so crap cameras?

wrote:

NEVER ever see a report or review on them with class-best performance.

Once Kodak was *GOD* and market leader, what happened?They invented
digital

I...
Forum: Digital Photography November 27th 06, 12:54 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 6
Posted By Morton Linder
Corrupted pictures

Colin_D wrote:

Bampah wrote:

On holiday in America, I filled a 512 SD card with pictures using my
newlt acquired Pentax Optio S6.
I then inserted a 256 card and started to get...
Forum: Digital Photography November 27th 06, 12:52 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 13
Posted By Morton Linder
SD800 advice

teamgig wrote:
Morton Linder wrote:

3) I suggest that you turn off the automatic intelligent (?) focus.

Thanks for your advice. Can you elaborate on this one? I assume this
is...
Forum: Digital Photography November 26th 06, 01:58 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 13
Posted By Morton Linder
SD800 advice

teamgig wrote:
Greetings,

I just purchased a Canon SD800 and I have a few questions that I'd
appreciate some help with:

- I haven't purchased a memory card yet. Will large sizes like...
Forum: Digital Photography November 14th 06, 01:52 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 13
Posted By Morton Linder
Storing Lithium ion batteries

asdf3b wrote:

Greetins! I have some extra Lithium ion batteries which I shall not
need till next summer. They are Kodak KLIC 5001 batteries. What are the
best ways to store these batteries?...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 48