Showing results 1 to 25 of 34
Search took 0.06 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Denny B
Forum: Digital Photography September 4th 07, 09:51 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 6
Posted By Denny B
70-300mm lens comparison

mike wrote:
"Boskey" wrote
Read this review: http://www.bythom.com/70300VRlens.htm

Cheers, very helpful. I think now I want to have a good look at the
Forum: Digital Photography August 26th 07, 07:07 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 106
Posted By Denny B
Gimp vs Photoshop

Notes for the Clueless wrote:
On Sun, 26 Aug 2007 07:32:25 -0700, measekite wrote:

While to day it is no contest

You're right in only one regard. PhotoShop is one of...
Forum: Digital Photography May 23rd 07, 01:59 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 3
Posted By Denny B
Nikon D70s -SB-600 flash users

When you use the SB-600 external flash
on the Nikon D70s what is the correct
selection for the white balance.

Do you select the "lighting bolt" position
or the "A". I can't find anywhere in...
Forum: Digital Photography April 29th 07, 04:38 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 6
Posted By Denny B
Nikon D70s and Tamron 90mm 2.5

Jim wrote:
"Denny B" wrote in message
Is it possible to use my Tamron 90mm f2.5 lens
on a Nikon D70s digital body, if I can find a...
Forum: Digital Photography April 29th 07, 02:55 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 6
Posted By Denny B
Nikon D70s and Tamron 90mm 2.5

Is it possible to use my Tamron 90mm f2.5 lens
on a Nikon D70s digital body, if I can find a Nikon adapter
ring for the Tamron lens.

Previously I used the Tamron lens on my
Pentax 35mm film...
Forum: Digital Photography April 3rd 07, 06:33 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 1
Posted By Denny B
Do not want Capture NX to start up

How can I prevent Capture NX from starting up
all the time, whenever I open a picture.
I only want it to open when I click on the
desktop Capture NX icon.

OS Windows XP Home

Thanks in advance
Denny...
Forum: Digital Photography March 23rd 07, 01:13 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 2
Posted By Denny B
Nikon Capture NX

When you open Capture NX v 1.0.1 how do you
get rid of the narrow 4inch vertical "Edit List"
that is immediately displayed in the middle of screen. Also on upper
right side, "Bird's Eye" bar and at...
Forum: Digital Photography March 6th 07, 02:22 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 5
Posted By Denny B
Cannot open RAW .NEF Files in PSP?

Ed Ruf Ed Ruf (REPLY to E-MAIL IN SIG!) wrote:
On Tue, 06 Mar 2007 08:44:52 GMT, in rec.photo.digital "Dennis Pogson"
wrote:

Denny B wrote:
How do...
Forum: Digital Photography March 6th 07, 07:55 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 5
Posted By Denny B
Cannot open RAW .NEF Files in PSP?

How do you open Nikon RAW .NEF files in
Paint Shop Pro version 9. I have read the
PSP help info for "Raw from camera", applied
all the settings, still cannot open the .NEF
files. When I select the...
Forum: Digital Photography February 15th 07, 05:51 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 4
Posted By Denny B
Anybody familiar with this RAW converter software

John Bean wrote:
On Wed, 14 Feb 2007 02:24:36 GMT, Denny B
wrote:
John, thank you for your reply. Are you using the
full version or the free version? Even though the
Forum: Digital Photography February 14th 07, 02:24 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 4
Posted By Denny B
Anybody familiar with this RAW converter software

John Bean wrote:
On Tue, 13 Feb 2007 14:10:03 GMT, Denny B
wrote:
Is anybody using Silkpix RAW conversion software

I've been using it for some time. It's my raw...
Forum: Digital Photography February 13th 07, 02:10 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 4
Posted By Denny B
Anybody familiar with this RAW converter software

http://www.isl.co.jp/SILKYPIX/english/download/

Is anybody using Silkpix RAW conversion software (link above ) it
appears to be from Japan and I learned about it on the Nikonians website.
I have...
Forum: Digital Photography February 4th 07, 02:11 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 2
Posted By Denny B
Paint Shop Pro

Can you use paint Shop Pro to
process Nikon D70s RAW files?

I am currently using RawShooter, it
does a good job except it does not allow
cropping.

Thanks in advance
Denny B
Forum: Digital Photography January 14th 07, 02:15 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 5
Posted By Denny B
First try at RAW using RawShooter 2006 1.0

AlanW wrote:
Hi Denny,

I was where you are today about 6 months ago. I also have a D70s and
began shooting RAW. Trust me, you will never go back to JPEG.

I use the RAW converter in PSE...
Forum: Digital Photography January 14th 07, 02:10 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 5
Posted By Denny B
First try at RAW using RawShooter 2006 1.0

Ed Ruf (REPLY to E-MAIL IN SIG!) wrote:
On Sat, 13 Jan 2007 17:07:04 GMT, in rec.photo.digital Denny B
wrote:

I have just downloaded and installed RawShooter 2006 1.0
Forum: Digital Photography January 13th 07, 05:07 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 5
Posted By Denny B
First try at RAW using RawShooter 2006 1.0

I have just downloaded and installed RawShooter 2006 1.0
and want to try processing RAW. Now I know RawShooter is
not Photoshop nor Capture 4.4 nor other sophisticated software.

As I understand it...
Forum: Digital Photography December 8th 06, 02:03 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 9
Posted By Denny B
How do I copy to CD or DVD

Joseph Meehan wrote:
Denny B wrote:
Having difficulty copying Digital pictures
to CD or DVD. If I take one shoot of digital
pictures I have no problem burning to CD or DVD.

I have a...
Forum: Digital Photography December 7th 06, 02:17 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 9
Posted By Denny B
How do I copy to CD or DVD

Having difficulty copying Digital pictures
to CD or DVD. If I take one shoot of digital
pictures I have no problem burning to CD or DVD.

I have a problem burning when I take different
pictures from...
Forum: Digital Photography October 31st 06, 02:09 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 65
Posted By Denny B
RAW...then Photoshop is this not Cheating.

Randall Ainsworth wrote:
In article fTz1h.35536$P7.1936@edtnps90, Denny B
wrote:

Once I entered the digital slr world, I realized
how enjoyable and relatively easy...
Forum: Digital Photography October 31st 06, 04:00 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 65
Posted By Denny B
RAW...then Photoshop is this not Cheating.

Jim wrote:

Jim

It was never my initial intention when posting,
to annoy anybody, insult anybody, pretend by
stating I use only JPEG that I know more then
the Raw users, that because I use a...
Forum: Digital Photography October 30th 06, 02:12 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 65
Posted By Denny B
RAW...then Photoshop is this not Cheating.

Colin_D wrote:

An analogy: do you think that music recordings are published as they
are recorded, without afterwork on the sound tracks?

You dead right here, but that is only because
of...
Forum: Digital Photography October 30th 06, 04:43 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 65
Posted By Denny B
RAW...then Photoshop is this not Cheating.

frederick wrote:

D70 / 70s users should care. In-camera jpeg rendering isn't the best
even on fine/large, and in-camera noise reduction is pretty poor.

The above is nothing but a foolish...
Forum: Digital Photography October 30th 06, 04:32 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 65
Posted By Denny B
RAW...then Photoshop is this not Cheating.

John McWilliams wrote:
Denny B wrote:

Raw seems to be like cosmetic surgery. The real
is not what you see.

You sort of have a skewed idea of what RAW is.

Every picture I take I...
Forum: Digital Photography October 30th 06, 04:26 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 65
Posted By Denny B
RAW...then Photoshop is this not Cheating.

Bill Hilton wrote:
Denny B wrote:

I use a Nikon D70S set to fine JPEG and have
never yet felt I need to take Pictures in RAW.

I don't mind showing my pictures to people
just the...
Forum: Digital Photography October 30th 06, 01:00 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 65
Posted By Denny B
RAW...then Photoshop is this not Cheating.

Randall Ainsworth wrote:
In article vWa1h.35375$H7.11616@edtnps82, Denny B
wrote:

Taking pictures in RAW and then knowing