Showing results 1 to 25 of 40
Search took 0.04 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Robert Barr
Forum: Digital Photography September 7th 08, 04:15 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 3
Posted By Robert Barr
Kodak Easyshare Z650 - Outer lens damaged - Can it be salvaged

A typical ebay price for this camera is about $110 or so, so don't get
too carried away with repair. You'll also find non-working units with
electronic problems for about $20 shipped, if you feel...
Forum: Digital Photography July 2nd 08, 04:56 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 2
Posted By Robert Barr
Astrophotography discussion forums?

Were you able to find this answer with Google, and if so can you share
it?
http://www.starrynightphotos.com/

http://www.cloudynights.com/index.php
Forum: Digital Photography July 2nd 08, 04:51 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 2
Posted By Robert Barr
Astrophotography discussion forums?

And you did Google for this, right?

Yes, I did - to no avail. I found the occasional post about
astrophotography on random photography forums, but no forum JUST for
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment June 8th 08, 05:02 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 3
Posted By Robert Barr
LOW LIGHT & THE 40D!

Jeff R. wrote:

"Annika1980" wrote in message
Went to shoot the ospreys again this evening. I...
Forum: Digital Photography June 8th 08, 05:02 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 3
Posted By Robert Barr
LOW LIGHT & THE 40D!

Jeff R. wrote:

"Annika1980" wrote in message
Went to shoot the ospreys again this evening. I...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras May 23rd 08, 12:53 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 43
Posted By Robert Barr
Which DSLR to start with

Steven Green wrote:
I don't currently have a DSLR and have been saving for a full-frame DSLR,
presumably the EOS 5D replacement this fall (assuming it exists that is).
I cannot bring myself...
Forum: Digital Photography March 28th 08, 06:08 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 16
Posted By Robert Barr
No spam!

I realize some of these may be redundant, but if it's working don't fix it!
Miles

I think it's your filters as there hasn't been a real let-up.

Explore your reader filter's options --...
Forum: Digital Photography March 18th 08, 07:46 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 12
Posted By Robert Barr
dead newsgroup

dullpain wrote:
The ratio of spammers to real posts is such that this newsgroup is now dead.
No amount of filtering can eliminate the krud.
R.I.P.

Forum: Digital SLR Cameras March 17th 08, 01:36 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 3
Posted By Robert Barr
Newest Photography Craze: HDR

wrote:
On Sat, 15 Mar 2008 16:31:28 -0700 (PDT), in rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
"xTrain Design & Marketing" wrote:

Everyone is encouraged to call...
Forum: Digital Photography December 17th 07, 07:36 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 3
Posted By Robert Barr
OT(ish): PBASE Images Not Showing Properly

They're having some storage problems. Here's their update:

http://forum.pbase.com/viewtopic.php?t=35250

Annika1980 wrote:
"Ali" wrote in message
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras December 17th 07, 07:36 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 3
Posted By Robert Barr
OT(ish): PBASE Images Not Showing Properly

They're having some storage problems. Here's their update:

http://forum.pbase.com/viewtopic.php?t=35250

Annika1980 wrote:
"Ali" wrote in message
Forum: Digital Photography September 30th 07, 12:50 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital,uk.rec.photo.misc,rec.photo.misc,alt.photography
Replies: 11
Posted By Robert Barr
Anyone has a photo of flying fish?

However, I rarely see a good quality photo of a flying fish.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jb8OmEr7VqI
Forum: Digital Photography September 24th 07, 04:27 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 36
Posted By Robert Barr
Digital SLR Model For a beginner ?

Jinesh wrote:
Gurus,

Which Digital SLR camera would you suggest for a newbie? (low cost).

Thanks.

Jinesh
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment September 17th 07, 07:24 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo
Replies: 45
Posted By Robert Barr
How much can a bear bear?

I've never been able to understand
the motives of anyone other than an entomologist for photographing
insects... Particularly when the photographer has no idea of the
species he's...
Forum: Digital Photography July 19th 07, 08:21 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 1
Posted By Robert Barr
Need a job?

Did people think this was spam or something? The usual garbage that has
to be brushed aside?

This as a government job opening for a photographer, and I'm sure there
are a bunch of people here who...
Forum: Digital Photography July 17th 07, 07:41 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 1
Posted By Robert Barr
Need a job?

If you already live in the DC area, this might be...
Forum: Digital Photography May 23rd 07, 01:23 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 2
Posted By Robert Barr
FF must stand for Fuji Fullframe, based on this price.....:)

Rich wrote:

http://www.amazon.com/Fujifilm-Finepix-Digital-Optical-Stabilization/dp/B000GFZTQO

Pretty comical. At the bottom, the original price -- $199.99 -- has a
line through it so you...
Forum: Digital Photography April 11th 07, 03:54 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital,aus.photo
Replies: 13
Posted By Robert Barr
STREETWALKERS LOVE THE 20D !

Annika1980 wrote:
Went for a little stroll downtown today with the 20D and the 85mm f/
1.8, and found my friend, Mr. Long, at his usual perch:

Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment April 4th 07, 05:59 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 2
Posted By Robert Barr
Aussie version of Screaming eagle

Beach Whistler wrote:

Screaming eagle?
Nah... Just a whistling kite on the way home from the supermarket!
http://www.ryadia.com/whistling-kite.htm

When these birds dive, they terrorize...
Forum: Digital Photography March 21st 07, 01:07 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 3
Posted By Robert Barr
Problem with Kodak EasyShare DX7590

TimeTraveller wrote:
Hi, all

It's been about a month since I used the mode dial on my camera...but
it worked fine then! Today I tried to move it to select the video
mode and the mode dial...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment March 12th 07, 06:15 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 18
Posted By Robert Barr
IN CASE YOU DOUBTED D-MAC'S SANITY ....

ver·bose (v?r-bos?) adjective
Using or containing a great and usually an excessive number of words;
wordy. See synonyms at talkative, wordy.
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment February 25th 07, 05:41 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 327
Posted By Robert Barr
20D: SO GOOD, IT'S CRIMINAL !

Anyway, I'm minding my own business when I notice there's some rookie
cop standing there beside me asking me what I was shooting. "Birds,"
I told him without even looking up from my 20D and...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment February 13th 07, 04:41 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 34
Posted By Robert Barr
We Need A Change In Dialogue

Annika1980 wrote:

This particular photo has gotten the most play and comments.
http://www.pbase.com/photosbydouglas/image/74146004

.... Bad Image Reference
The Image ID specified in the...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment February 12th 07, 11:09 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 15
Posted By Robert Barr
Website of photo scam companies?

It's an individual who posts here from time to time. Can't recall his
name. He rides around on a bicycle and snaps the home-base pigsty when
some fly-by-night outfit pops up into...
Forum: Digital Photography February 6th 07, 06:19 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 25
Posted By Robert Barr
Paris by night - France

Thank for the link.
I did not know the second

In any event, the reference to cheerleaders would be lost on someone new
or infrequent here.

Yeah, I should have thought that one...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 40