Showing results 1 to 20 of 20
Search took 0.13 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: \(not quite so\) Fat Sam
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment January 22nd 08, 02:30 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,alt.photography
Replies: 12
Playing with HDR

Annika1980 wrote:
On Jan 22, 8:22 am, Father McKenzie
wrote:

http://www.flickr.com/photo_zoom.gne?id=2212196076&size=l
Your photo satisfies the #1...
Forum: Digital Photography January 13th 08, 10:57 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.graphics.photoshop,adobe.photoshop.windows,comp.graphics.apps.photoshop
Replies: 36
How can I remove all white pixels?

wrote:
"Fat Sam" wrote:

Now open the "select" menu and choose the "colour range" option.

Scott W ...
Forum: Digital Photography January 13th 08, 08:07 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.graphics.photoshop,adobe.photoshop.windows,comp.graphics.apps.photoshop
Replies: 36
How can I remove all white pixels?

wrote:
I am trying to remove all white pixels from a monochrome (black and
black) picture imported into Adobe Photoshop 5.0 LE. The magic wand
does not work because it...
Forum: Digital Photography January 6th 08, 04:20 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Replies: 30
Filters

Paul Burdett wrote:
"Jürgen Exner" wrote in message
tony cooper wrote:
I've just...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment January 3rd 08, 11:45 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo,alt.photography
Replies: 45
Panorama software (Which do you use)

Father McKenzie wrote:
Recently started using PTGui and have been very impressed with the
results. Taking lake/beach panorama's I have found photoshop CS3
doesn't stitch at all especially when...
Forum: Digital Photography November 6th 07, 03:58 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,uk.rec.photo.misc,rec.photo.misc,alt.photography
Replies: 18
DSLR with wide dynamic range - Fuji S5 Pro only?

Louis Ohland wrote:
The S5200 and the European 5600 both use the fifth generation CCD-HR,
with the 45 degree shifted sensors. The CCD-SR II / CCD-SR Pro
seperates the light sensor from the...
Forum: Digital Photography November 6th 07, 10:49 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital,uk.rec.photo.misc,rec.photo.misc,alt.photography
Replies: 18
DSLR with wide dynamic range - Fuji S5 Pro only?

Trev wrote:
(not quite so) Fat Sam wrote:
Trev wrote:
David J. Littleboy wrote:
wrote:
However, I recently heard about a Fuji Finepix S5 Pro DSLR which
Forum: Digital Photography November 6th 07, 10:15 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital,uk.rec.photo.misc,rec.photo.misc,alt.photography
Replies: 18
DSLR with wide dynamic range - Fuji S5 Pro only?

Trev wrote:
David J. Littleboy wrote:
wrote:
However, I recently heard about a Fuji Finepix S5 Pro DSLR which has
became the wedding photographer's first choice...
Forum: Digital Photography October 15th 07, 11:49 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,uk.rec.photo.misc,rec.photo.misc,alt.photography
Replies: 96
Are we demanding too much of our digital cameras these days?

Craig Oldfield wrote:
In article ,
wrote in crayon on my screen...

Not all arguments should or can be taken to their absurd...
Forum: Digital Photography October 15th 07, 08:47 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,uk.rec.photo.misc,rec.photo.misc,alt.photography
Replies: 96
Are we demanding too much of our digital cameras these days?

Scott Schuckert wrote:
In article , not quite
so\ wrote:

If your argument is carried to it's logical end,...
Forum: Digital Photography October 14th 07, 10:39 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,uk.rec.photo.misc,rec.photo.misc,alt.photography
Replies: 96
Are we demanding too much of our digital cameras these days?

wrote:
I just like to hear some comments about this issue. I Don't know if
these newsgroups are generally read by amateurs or professional
photographic enthusiasts, but I...
Forum: Digital Photography October 7th 07, 07:23 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,uk.rec.photo.misc,alt.photography
Replies: 47
Experiment with HDR Photography

Unspam wrote:
BRH wrote:
(not quite so) Fat Sam wrote:

This is how you would do it with a RAW shot. You would save to
various exposures as you are converting the RAW to...
Forum: Digital Photography October 7th 07, 03:20 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,uk.rec.photo.misc,alt.photography
Replies: 47
Experiment with HDR Photography

Michael J Davis wrote:
"(not quite so) Fat Sam" observed
Michael J Davis wrote:

Yes, many of the HDR's I've seen are, frankly, awful!

I could go...
Forum: Digital Photography October 7th 07, 12:40 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,uk.rec.photo.misc,alt.photography
Replies: 47
Experiment with HDR Photography

Rich wrote:
On Oct 6, 1:12 am, wrote:
I used the Photomatix trial software from HDR soft, and quite happy
with the results. Now, I am planning to buy the software. It is...
Forum: Digital Photography October 7th 07, 12:38 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,uk.rec.photo.misc,alt.photography
Replies: 47
Experiment with HDR Photography

Paul Furman wrote:
(not quite so) Fat Sam wrote:

Psygnosis - Silent Running wrote:

No you don't shoot three raw imags and then convert them to TIFs,
etc.

I don't think he was...
Forum: Digital Photography October 7th 07, 12:18 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital,uk.rec.photo.misc,alt.photography
Replies: 47
Experiment with HDR Photography

~~NoMad~~ wrote:
"~~NoMad~~" wrote in message

Forum: Digital Photography October 7th 07, 12:00 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital,uk.rec.photo.misc,alt.photography

Michael J Davis wrote:
"(not quite so) Fat Sam" observed

However, if you want to get an HDR effect with a single Jpeg image,
you don't need to go to all...
Forum: Digital Photography October 6th 07, 11:40 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,uk.rec.photo.misc,alt.photography
Replies: 47
Experiment with HDR Photography

Psygnosis - Silent Running wrote:
No you don't shoot three raw imags and then convert them to TIFs, etc.

I don't think he was suggesting shooting 3 RAW images.
It's certainly not what I was...
Forum: Digital Photography October 6th 07, 07:32 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,uk.rec.photo.misc,alt.photography

BRH wrote:
(not quite so) Fat Sam wrote:

This is how you would do it with a RAW shot. You would save to
various exposures as you are converting the RAW to useable Jpegs or
Forum: Digital Photography October 6th 07, 05:02 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,uk.rec.photo.misc,alt.photography

wrote:
I used the Photomatix trial software from HDR soft, and quite happy
with the results. Now, I am planning to buy the software.

A great piece of software.
I was so...
Showing results 1 to 20 of 20