Showing results 1 to 25 of 68
Search took 0.01 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: dadiOH
Forum: Medium Format Photography Equipment March 21st 08, 12:22 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Replies: 13
Posted By dadiOH
Suggestions for entry level medium format camera please

Tony wrote:
On Mar 21, 3:54 pm, krishnananda wrote:
In article

,

Tony ...
Forum: Medium Format Photography Equipment March 12th 08, 11:24 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Replies: 10
Posted By dadiOH
Super Ikonta Shutters (flash synch)

jjs wrote:
"dadiOH" wrote in message

I got a great, clear reprint, "IKONA & Super-Ikonta Guide" by "The
Camera Guide", 1952. I haven't finished it yet, but it does...
Forum: Medium Format Photography Equipment February 29th 08, 09:37 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Replies: 10
Posted By dadiOH
Super Ikonta Shutters (flash synch)

jjs wrote:
"dadiOH" wrote in message
jjs wrote:

Were X (electronic) flashes available back then?

When is "back then"? ...
Forum: Medium Format Photography Equipment February 29th 08, 12:17 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Replies: 10
Posted By dadiOH
Super Ikonta Shutters (flash synch)

jjs wrote:
"Matthew Winn" wrote in message

The Compur-Rapid does have flash sync, or at least every
Compur-Rapid...
Forum: Digital Photography January 8th 08, 01:16 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Replies: 54
Posted By dadiOH
Backgrounds and color

Chris Malcolm wrote:
In rec.photo.digital tony cooper
wrote:
On Mon, 07 Jan 2008 21:59:27 -0500, tony cooper
wrote:

I...
Forum: Digital Photography January 8th 08, 01:09 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Replies: 54
Posted By dadiOH
Backgrounds and color

tony cooper wrote:

I was shooting on aperture priority, not auto exposure, but I was
shooting with auto white balance.

Your exposure should be determined for the subjects (objects) only.
Any...
Forum: Medium Format Photography Equipment November 24th 07, 10:36 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Replies: 13
Posted By dadiOH
Rolleicord Va - I got it back 11-19-07

AAvK wrote:
You've got me ready to send him my old Rolleicord. It works, but
the screen is dark and the shutter needs calibration.
--
Michael

Yes, but that's about a $300 set of...
Forum: Medium Format Photography Equipment October 22nd 07, 01:24 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format,abg.mampf
Replies: 6
Posted By dadiOH
How to take photos of killer bees???

Victor Smootbank wrote:
I want to take photos of killer bees in action, I want
to take photos while they are eating people.

How can I do that???

1. Build screenwire cage 6'x6'x6'
2. Put...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras September 10th 07, 10:08 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Replies: 14
Posted By dadiOH
Oh the grain of it

Pat wrote:
I was looking at our local newspaper. Here's the link to some of
their sports photos. They must be intentionally putting grain into
the thumbnails (and maybe the larger pictures). ...
Forum: Digital Photography September 10th 07, 10:08 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Replies: 15
Posted By dadiOH
Oh the grain of it

Pat wrote:
I was looking at our local newspaper. Here's the link to some of
their sports photos. They must be intentionally putting grain into
the thumbnails (and maybe the larger pictures). ...
Forum: Medium Format Photography Equipment July 16th 07, 05:57 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Replies: 6
Posted By dadiOH
Mamiya 645 pro - leaf shutter query.

Rob Bradford wrote:
I know that, but nothing seems to open the shutter so that I can
focus!!!!!

Does the shutter have a "T" on it? Bet that would work...

Or, just go get a...
Forum: Medium Format Photography Equipment July 16th 07, 12:24 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Replies: 6
Posted By dadiOH
Mamiya 645 pro - leaf shutter query.

Rob Bradford wrote:
Hi.

I have just aquierd a mamiya 645 150mm leaf shutter lens. I hav
attached it to my 645 pro and plugged it into my hand grip, but I
cant see a thing!! I

You will once...
Forum: Medium Format Photography Equipment July 12th 07, 04:56 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Replies: 12
Posted By dadiOH
Mamiya TLR lens hood / filter suggestions - avoiding vignetting

Peter Chant wrote:
dadiOH wrote:

You do realize that there are different hoods for each lens focal
length, right?

Generally yes. Double checked, My hood is correct for 80 & 135...
Forum: Medium Format Photography Equipment July 11th 07, 06:55 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Replies: 12
Posted By dadiOH
Mamiya TLR lens hood / filter suggestions - avoiding vignetting

Peter Chant wrote:
dadiOH wrote:

Only the obvious...if the filter size you now use causes vignetting
you have to use a larger size to avoid it.

Sounds like a bit of experimentation...
Forum: Medium Format Photography Equipment July 11th 07, 02:01 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Replies: 12
Posted By dadiOH
Mamiya TLR lens hood / filter suggestions - avoiding vignetting

Peter Chant wrote:

Anyone with any experience to share?

Only the obvious...if the filter size you now use causes vignetting
you have to use a larger size to avoid it.

--

dadiOH
Forum: Medium Format Photography Equipment June 28th 07, 06:27 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Replies: 20
Posted By dadiOH
viewfinders question

TomCat999 wrote:

I am thinking about getting a medium format camera but I really
rely on my right angle viewfinder thats on my nikon. Do they make
right angle viewfinders for medium...
Forum: Medium Format Photography Equipment June 28th 07, 02:29 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Replies: 20
Posted By dadiOH
viewfinders question

TomCat999 wrote:
I am thinking about getting a medium format camera but I really
rely on my right angle viewfinder thats on my nikon. Do they make
right angle viewfinders for medium format...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras June 16th 07, 02:43 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,alt.photography,alt.graphics.photoshop
Replies: 4
Posted By dadiOH
Lightroom - shortcuts

W Chan wrote:
when you click CTRL/, a window full of keyboard shortcuts pops us..
how can you print out the table (shortcuts)??
i hv tried looking up the User Guide online but couldnt find...
Forum: Medium Format Photography Equipment June 13th 07, 10:01 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Replies: 9
Posted By dadiOH
Rangefinder for TLR

dadiOH wrote:
dadiOH wrote:
Steven Woody wrote:
i heard people use rangefinder to help focusing a TLR. i have a
Rolleiflex TLR and want to know what is a rangefinder and whether
it...
Forum: Medium Format Photography Equipment June 13th 07, 09:58 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Replies: 9
Posted By dadiOH
Rangefinder for TLR

dadiOH wrote:
Steven Woody wrote:
i heard people use rangefinder to help focusing a TLR. i have a
Rolleiflex TLR and want to know what is a rangefinder and whether
it helps. is there any...
Forum: Medium Format Photography Equipment June 13th 07, 09:54 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Replies: 9
Posted By dadiOH
Rangefinder for TLR

Steven Woody wrote:
i heard people use rangefinder to help focusing a TLR. i have a
Rolleiflex TLR and want to know what is a rangefinder and whether it
helps. is there any introduction on the...
Forum: Medium Format Photography Equipment May 28th 07, 09:25 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Replies: 28
Posted By dadiOH
TLR with continuously variable shutter speed?

Neil Gould wrote:
Recently, dadiOH posted:

Neil Gould wrote:
Recently, dadiOH posted:

Neil Gould wrote:
Recently,...
Forum: Medium Format Photography Equipment May 28th 07, 04:52 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Replies: 28
Posted By dadiOH
TLR with continuously variable shutter speed?

Neil Gould wrote:
Recently, dadiOH posted:

Neil Gould wrote:
Recently,
posted:

Does anyone know of a...
Forum: Medium Format Photography Equipment May 28th 07, 01:23 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Replies: 28
Posted By dadiOH
TLR with continuously variable shutter speed?

Neil Gould wrote:
Recently, posted:

Does anyone know of a TLR with a continuously variable shutter
speed? In other words the shutter will...
Forum: Medium Format Photography Equipment May 24th 07, 11:54 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format,rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Replies: 9
Posted By dadiOH
crop factor help

joe mama wrote:
hi,

just as is the case with digital, i am trying to work with a crop
factor, but can't figure the math. i have a 4x5 camera that has a
6x9 reducing back. my lenses are...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 68