Direct link to the animated gif:
http://www.balkonsternwarte.de/400d/Bilder/Objekt.gif

The large faint...
Forum: Digital Photography October 20th 09, 07:41 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 11
BBC Landscape pics of 2009

"Savageduck" wrote in message
news:2009101923191129560-savageduck@REMOVESPAMmecom...
On 2009-10-19 22:48:21 -0700, Grimly Curmudgeon
Forum: Digital Photography October 20th 09, 06:27 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 8
Photos of a rocket dropping of the residual fuel

Photos of a rocket dropping of the residual fuel
From the HearSat list, but with considerable photographic interest:

Report from Nicolas in France:
"Today, at 16:12 UTC, an Atlas 5 rocket sent the...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras October 18th 09, 08:50 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 14
"Exposing to the right" is over exposed, what now?

"Alan Browne" wrote in message
[]
Good point. Are train engines (of that era) painted black or do they
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras October 18th 09, 08:18 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 14
"Exposing to the right" is over exposed, what now?

"Alan Browne" wrote in message
[]
Nothing "artificial or processed" about them other than the slightly
Forum: Digital Photography October 18th 09, 09:52 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 67
DSLR or Not - Or Where I've Come From

"Ray Fischer" wrote in message
I'm neither for nor against DSLRs, though I've noticed that...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras October 18th 09, 09:37 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 52
Nikon D3S (12.1 Mpix, FF, very high ISO, HD video)

"Peter" wrote in message
[]
Yes indeed, it is good information. I now understand why many of my
night...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras October 18th 09, 09:32 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 14
"Exposing to the right" is over exposed, what now?

"Wilba" wrote in message
David J Taylor wrote:
Wilba wrote:

Worth a look for a discussion of 13 images and...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras October 18th 09, 09:30 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 14
"Exposing to the right" is over exposed, what now?

"Alan Browne" wrote in message
[]
I'd bet it's blue sky burned white. Done similar with similar results....
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras October 18th 09, 09:16 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 17
One more nail in the optical viewfinder coffin

"Paul Furman" wrote in message
[]
I use it for macro sometimes or extremely challenging focusing
situations on a tripod. It just is not very...
Forum: Digital Photography October 18th 09, 08:22 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 35
One more nail in the optical viewfinder coffin

"Bristolian" wrote in message
John Navas wrote:

snip

In your opinion, not in mine.

It's only my opinion, of course,...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras October 18th 09, 08:07 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 17
One more nail in the optical viewfinder coffin

"J. Clarke" wrote in message
[]
It could have an infinite number of pixels and until they fix the lag it
won't be a replacement for...
Forum: Digital Photography October 18th 09, 08:03 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 35
One more nail in the optical viewfinder coffin

"RichA" wrote in message
[]
Your comment indicates you haven't used a good one. My G1 is easier
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras October 17th 09, 09:55 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 17
One more nail in the optical viewfinder coffin

"Bruce" wrote in message
On Sat, 17 Oct 2009 07:46:49 GMT, "David J Taylor"
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras October 17th 09, 08:46 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 17
One more nail in the optical viewfinder coffin

"Paul Furman" wrote in message
[]
Yep, hence the suggestion to improve DSLRs with an EVF switch. The
advantages of EVF don't require high res...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras October 17th 09, 08:45 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 17
One more nail in the optical viewfinder coffin

"Paul Furman" wrote in message
[]
HD video is probably a reasonable standard to strive for.
1920x1080 (less for 2:3 ratio).

1440 x 1080 would...
Forum: Digital Photography October 17th 09, 08:39 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 35
One more nail in the optical viewfinder coffin

"RichA" wrote in message
[]
People need to look past things that have nothing to do with the
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras October 17th 09, 08:37 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 52
Nikon D3S (12.1 Mpix, FF, very high ISO, HD video)

"Paul Furman" wrote in message
[]
This may be the usefulness of understanding this stuff. How do you get
the best performance from whatever...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras October 17th 09, 08:32 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 14
"Exposing to the right" is over exposed, what now?

"Wilba" wrote in message
Worth a look for a discussion of 13 images and their histograms -
Forum: Digital Photography October 16th 09, 08:41 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 136
I'm so proud, I weaned someone off a P&S to a DSLR!

"Alfred Molon" wrote in message
In article , David J
Taylor says...
.. but more...
Forum: Digital Photography October 16th 09, 05:29 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 136
I'm so proud, I weaned someone off a P&S to a DSLR!

"Neil Ellwood" wrote in message
[]
I have a 150 - 400mm as well as a couple of other lenses that I carry
round when I need to. If I can do this...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras October 16th 09, 05:15 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 52
Nikon D3S (12.1 Mpix, FF, very high ISO, HD video)

"Peter" wrote in message
[]
Thanks for that explanation. My interest as a photo artist is simply to
make...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras October 16th 09, 05:09 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 52
Nikon D3S (12.1 Mpix, FF, very high ISO, HD video)

"Peter" wrote in message
[]
Would you please explain this concept in English? I know about SNR and
why I...
Forum: Digital Photography October 16th 09, 08:19 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 136
I'm so proud, I weaned someone off a P&S to a DSLR!

"ray" wrote in message ...
On Thu, 15 Oct 2009 21:21:43 +0000, David J Taylor wrote:
[]
Nikon D40 - 522g (1.2lb)
18-200mm lens - 560g (19.8 oz)

Forum: Digital SLR Cameras October 16th 09, 08:10 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 52
Nikon D3S (12.1 Mpix, FF, very high ISO, HD video)

"Paul Furman" wrote in message
Alan Browne wrote:
Paul Furman wrote:
DRS wrote: