Showing results 1 to 13 of 13
Search took 0.03 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Eric Miller[_3_]
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras September 26th 09, 02:40 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 37
Posted By Eric Miller[_3_]
Math question - sort of

Kennedy McEwen wrote:
In article , Eric Miller
writes
Kennedy McEwen wrote:

If it is just about the math then you...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras September 26th 09, 12:40 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 37
Posted By Eric Miller[_3_]
Math question - sort of

Kennedy McEwen wrote:
In article , Andrey Tarasevich
writes
John McWilliams wrote:
It's not just about the maths....
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras September 23rd 09, 04:47 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 37
Posted By Eric Miller[_3_]
Math question - sort of

I went from the 10D to the 5D. When I had my 10D, I learned to like the
1.6x way of fooling myself into thinking my 400mm lens was a 560mm lens.
Now I am thinking of getting myself another birding...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment September 17th 09, 03:07 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 11
Posted By Eric Miller[_3_]
While we're waiting . . .

Noons wrote:

Is there noise in the bird or just the background?

Both. But most of the noise in the bird is manageable. It is the
background noise, primarily in the green areas that is the...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment September 15th 09, 03:20 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 11
Posted By Eric Miller[_3_]
While we're waiting . . .

ColinD wrote:
Eric Miller wrote:
for the troll to post his fabulous point-n-shoot hummingbird photos
(and to have me kicked from my ISP) I thought I'd post a link to an
older pic that I...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment September 14th 09, 11:28 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 11
Posted By Eric Miller[_3_]
While we're waiting . . .

Annika1980 wrote:

Why didn't you use CHKDICK?

Honestly because I can't figure it out, or just don't have the time. I
loaded it onto the memory card in my SD700 and managed to bring up the...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment September 8th 09, 09:55 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 48
Posted By Eric Miller[_3_]
Speaking of rednecks . . .

Here is a link to the image in its intended use:

http://www.colibrihotsauce.com/label.html

I'm now really wishing that I had used a cheap p&s camera with CHDK
after reading about how much better...
Forum: Digital Photography September 8th 09, 09:55 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 28
Posted By Eric Miller[_3_]
Speaking of rednecks . . .

Here is a link to the image in its intended use:

http://www.colibrihotsauce.com/label.html

I'm now really wishing that I had used a cheap p&s camera with CHDK
after reading about how much better...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment September 5th 09, 02:35 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 48
Posted By Eric Miller[_3_]
Speaking of rednecks . . .

Noons wrote:

Good image, Eric. How big is it gonna be in the final version?
Resizing it shows some lack of sharpness, might not print effectively in
a label if that is the intent?...
Forum: Digital Photography September 4th 09, 09:59 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 28
Posted By Eric Miller[_3_]
Speaking of rednecks . . .

I finally got a chance to do some hummingbird photography for a project
that has been on the back burner for some time:

http://www.dyesscreek.com/hidden_pages/090409.html

This image is destined to...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment September 4th 09, 09:59 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 48
Posted By Eric Miller[_3_]
Speaking of rednecks . . .

I finally got a chance to do some hummingbird photography for a project
that has been on the back burner for some time:

http://www.dyesscreek.com/hidden_pages/090409.html

This image is destined to...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment August 16th 09, 02:03 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 2
Posted By Eric Miller[_3_]
Follow up on Wide Angle Lens Recomendation

tony cooper wrote:
On Sat, 15 Aug 2009 09:33:51 -0500, Eric Miller
wrote:

After deciding to purchase another Sigma 15-30 zoom, a Sigma 17-35
popped on eBay...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment August 15th 09, 03:33 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 2
Posted By Eric Miller[_3_]
Follow up on Wide Angle Lens Recomendation

After deciding to purchase another Sigma 15-30 zoom, a Sigma 17-35
popped on eBay for $200 (buy it now) and won the prize. Another such
lens in less than perfect shape had sold for 289 a few...
Showing results 1 to 13 of 13