Showing results 1 to 25 of 125
Search took 0.11 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Tony Polson[_2_]
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras April 28th 08, 11:14 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 6
Posted By Tony Polson[_2_]
Gitzo Gt1530?

"Steve Dell" wrote:

You might try looking at the Benro (not Benbo) tripods. These are very fine
Chinese knockoffs of the Gitzos.

B&H Sells them under the "induro"...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras April 25th 08, 06:54 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 4
Posted By Tony Polson[_2_]
filter ring wrenches?

"er" wrote:

Surely the old camera store owner would carefully have read the
original posting, which would have told him precisely why his trick
would not...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras April 24th 08, 09:50 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 4
Posted By Tony Polson[_2_]
filter ring wrenches?

"er" wrote:

Usually quite easy just using the flat of your palm. Lay the filter flat
into your palm, and rotate the lens. The binding pressures are minimized,
and the...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment April 24th 08, 09:29 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 0
Posted By Tony Polson[_2_]
Insurance for photography equipment - Help

" wrote:

I live in Gibraltar and will travel to south america later this
year. I have looked for insurance companies that cover...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras April 21st 08, 10:29 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 62
Posted By Tony Polson[_2_]
Nikon lets 24.4mp D3x out of the bag

Robert Coe wrote:

Outside of the Global Oil Petropoly, there aren't very many companies that
wouldn't be well satisfied with Canon's level of "failure".

On the other hand, there...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras April 21st 08, 10:27 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 62
Posted By Tony Polson[_2_]
Nikon lets 24.4mp D3x out of the bag

Bryan Olson wrote:

Maybe there could be faster CF cards

You should not be surprised to hear that there are faster CF cards
already under development. They will share...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras April 21st 08, 10:22 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 30
Posted By Tony Polson[_2_]
10-22mm

Robert Coe wrote:

On Sun, 20 Apr 2008 17:42:50 +0100, Tony Polson
wrote:
: "flaming-o" wrote:
:
: 10-20 mm lenses are...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras April 21st 08, 10:19 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 30
Posted By Tony Polson[_2_]
10-22mm

Don Wiss wrote:

On Sun, 20 Apr 2008, Tony Polson wrote:

The most successful ultra-wide landscapes seem to follow this formula.
I'm not...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras April 20th 08, 05:42 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 30
Posted By Tony Polson[_2_]
10-22mm

"flaming-o" wrote:

10-20 mm lenses are difficult to learn to use for all the reasons cited. You
also have to learn to work with the distortion that is inherent to these...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras April 20th 08, 04:30 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 30
Posted By Tony Polson[_2_]
10-22mm

"jazu" wrote:

People say that 10-22 is good for landscaping and architecture. I understand
the aspect of doing architecture shots, being close to the object standing...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras April 18th 08, 12:11 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 19
Posted By Tony Polson[_2_]
Canon 40D, Xsi or just keep my XT?

"David J Taylor"
wrote:

Tony Polson wrote:
[]
Buying a Canon 40D/Rebel XSi will help the Japanese or Chinese economy
more than...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras April 18th 08, 11:56 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 43
Posted By Tony Polson[_2_]
Epson 3800 - URGENT

"Roger Moss" wrote:

Try connecting to another machine - notebook, maybe?
This way you'd highlight/eliminate any issues with your setup (including the...
Forum: Digital Photography April 18th 08, 11:56 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 45
Posted By Tony Polson[_2_]
Epson 3800 - URGENT

"Roger Moss" wrote:

Try connecting to another machine - notebook, maybe?
This way you'd highlight/eliminate any issues with your setup (including the...
Forum: Digital Photography April 18th 08, 10:37 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 45
Posted By Tony Polson[_2_]
Epson 3800 - URGENT

David Kilpatrick wrote:

I use a 3800 but I'm Mac based and therefore any of the issues
concerning the byzantine workings of Windows install/registry/deinstall
issues...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras April 18th 08, 10:37 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 43
Posted By Tony Polson[_2_]
Epson 3800 - URGENT

David Kilpatrick wrote:

I use a 3800 but I'm Mac based and therefore any of the issues
concerning the byzantine workings of Windows install/registry/deinstall
issues...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras April 18th 08, 09:13 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 19
Posted By Tony Polson[_2_]
Canon 40D, Xsi or just keep my XT?

"Tom from WI" wrote:

I currently own a Canon Rebel XT with an 18-55mm lens and a 100-300mm lens
(a Canon cheapie). I am an amateur photographer taking sports...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment April 17th 08, 02:57 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 1
Posted By Tony Polson[_2_]
Can manual focus Nikkors be used on a D60 or D40?

"Donald Specker" wrote:

My duaghter is looking for a digital body and already has a few manual
nikkors. Will they work on the newer digital bodies?

AI and AIS...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment April 17th 08, 08:42 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 9
Posted By Tony Polson[_2_]
Faking DX encoding

"William Graham" wrote:

I believe DX coding stickers can be ordered from places like Porters, and
Adorama. These can be placed on the canisters, so the cameras will read them...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras April 16th 08, 11:46 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 62
Posted By Tony Polson[_2_]
Nikon lets 24.4mp D3x out of the bag

Steve wrote:

On Wed, 16 Apr 2008 16:38:19 +1000, Alienjones
wrote:

Sorry to let the cat out of the bag but Nikon has it all over Canon...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment April 16th 08, 10:32 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 2
Posted By Tony Polson[_2_]
Ping: Tony Polson

Harry Lockwood wrote:

Tony,

I posted this note on the rangefinderforum.com site today. Any advice?

"The shutter-speed selector on my Hexar RF appears to be partially...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment April 13th 08, 09:12 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 145
Posted By Tony Polson[_2_]
The Final (again) Fate of the Shoot-In

Helen wrote:

Your type of paranoid, unstable mood swings should be looked upon with
sympathy and understanding and as such, taken with a grain of salt.

Helen,

I...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment April 13th 08, 09:09 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 145
Posted By Tony Polson[_2_]
The Final (again) Fate of the Shoot-In

Helen wrote:

Rubbish! You were trying to stir up trouble by way of an argument

I have never argued with you, Helen, and I'm not going to start now.

As far as I...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment April 13th 08, 08:29 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 145
Posted By Tony Polson[_2_]
The Final (again) Fate of the Shoot-In

Helen wrote:

I don't understand why you think my question to the founder, or one of
the founders, to the SI to be strange. I didn't know an introduction
was...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras April 13th 08, 12:59 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 33
Posted By Tony Polson[_2_]
Olympus and others. Greater mega pixel capacity expected soon? Skinny on E-3

"flaming-o" wrote:

The phenomenal rate of development of digital sensors has made a
laughingstock of many of the older posts on this forum about how smaller
sensors will...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment April 13th 08, 12:52 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 1
Posted By Tony Polson[_2_]
INFO needed: Voigtlander Color-Skopar 25/4

tim wrote:

Hi, has anyone had experience with this lens and can tell me what the
depth of the lens mount is? I'm wondering if I can use it with an
epson r-ds1, which...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 125