Showing results 1 to 16 of 16
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: W (winhag)
Forum: Digital Photography September 29th 06, 11:10 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 9
Posted By W (winhag)
RAW vs. jpeg

Another variable is what you use to convert the RAW file. You will get
different results from different RAW conversion software.
Unfortunately, there does not seem to be one that is the 'best' some...
Forum: Digital Photography September 1st 06, 05:49 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 3
Posted By W (winhag)
20D and Vivitar 285 flash compatible via PC cord?

Folks,

Thanks. I checked the website and it seemed to indicate that the 285HV
is ok. I also measured the voltage as per instructions and it only
measured 8 VDC way under the 250V limit of the 20D....
Forum: Digital Photography September 1st 06, 03:53 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 0
Posted By W (winhag)
20D and Vivitar 285HV flash compatible via PC cord?

Hi,

Does anyone know if the Canon 20D and Vivitar 285HV flash are
compatible
via a PC cord connection. Will the 20D get fried?
I know the 20D manual states that it can only handle 250V but I do...
Forum: Digital Photography September 1st 06, 03:48 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 3
Posted By W (winhag)
20D and Vivitar 285 flash compatible via PC cord?

Hi,

Does anyone know if the Canon 20D and Vivitar 285 flash are compatible
via a PC cord connection. Will the 20D get fried?

Thanks

Forum: Digital Photography August 25th 06, 05:21 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 18
Posted By W (winhag)
Canon 400D detailed description

That makes sense except that the price point of hte 5D is still pretty
high for midrange. If they could bring it down significantly, it would
make a whole lot of sense!

David J. Littleboy...
Forum: Digital Photography August 25th 06, 03:40 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 16
Posted By W (winhag)
Canon finally makes an *f4* 70-200 IS...

I understand your point. Canon touts some advanced design elements, but
it is yet to be shown that this lens is any 'better' than the 50mm/f1.4
from an image quality standpoint.
BTW the Leica folks...
Forum: Digital Photography August 25th 06, 04:43 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 16
Posted By W (winhag)
Canon finally makes an *f4* 70-200 IS...

Personally, I don't get why people want a f/1.2 50mm which is about 5
times the price of the 50mm/f1.4 and bigger and heavier all for 1/2 a
stop speed improvement.

Frank ess wrote:
MarkČ...
Forum: Digital Photography August 24th 06, 05:41 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 25
Posted By W (winhag)
Canon 400D - DSLR

I stand corrected.

VK wrote:
W (winhag) wrote:
I agree, it is an odd situation for the quite new 30D to be
'outclassed' by the consumer 400D in sensor technology.

Not really - Canon...
Forum: Digital Photography August 24th 06, 03:24 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 25
Posted By W (winhag)
Canon 400D - DSLR

I agree, it is an odd situation for the quite new 30D to be
'outclassed' by the consumer 400D in sensor technology. I'm sure we
will see more changes soon in the 30D and perhaps even 5D(16.7MP?)...
Forum: Digital Photography August 24th 06, 05:05 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 25
Posted By W (winhag)
Canon 400D - DSLR

What I am really hoping is that we will see the 5D move up to the
current 1DsMkII sensor (when, and if, its 22mp replacement comes out)

I agree, I think that will happen (5D-16.7 MP). That...
Forum: Digital Photography August 23rd 06, 06:06 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 25
Posted By W (winhag)
Canon 400D - DSLR

This is very interesting. From a marketing perspective, how could Canon
offer 10.1 MP with dust cleaning on the 400D while the 30D has 8 MP
with no dust removal system?
Surely, if this is accurate,...
Forum: Digital Photography August 9th 06, 04:59 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 19
Posted By W (winhag)
Nikon D80 Hands-on Preview

Yes, it seems that except for 'full frame' sensors, Nikon is providing
better products. Being a Canon user, I hope that this will push Canon
to lower the 5D price and/or bump up the sensor in the 5D...
Forum: Digital Photography August 7th 06, 05:56 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 23
Posted By W (winhag)
Canon 1Ds Mk III Sensor?

What I have seen/heard is a 1Ds replacement at 22mp
(see: http://www.camerawest.com).

I don't see why they would go to a physically larger sensor since as
you said it would require a whole new lens...
Forum: Digital Photography August 7th 06, 04:50 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 0
Posted By W (winhag)
New Canon 1Ds?

This site is 'calmly' announcing a 22 mp 1Ds from Canon
http://www.camerawest.com/

If true, it will be interesting to see what happens to the 5D. It would
seem that they may (albeit not immediately)...
Forum: Digital Photography July 19th 06, 05:53 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 8
Posted By W (winhag)
Well, Canon 24-105 it is. I Think.

Popular photography mag didn't seem to crazy about the 24-105 lens

Peter wrote:
Well, after deciding between the 17-55, 24-70 and the 24-105, I have decided
to go for the 24-105 for my 20D.

Forum: Digital Photography July 11th 06, 03:16 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 35
Posted By W (winhag)
LCD monitors ... NEC or LaCie?

How about looking at some of the LED backlit LCD monitors? I am not
sure who is making these at this point or what they cost, but they
claim a larger color gamut than the standard fluorescent...
Showing results 1 to 16 of 16