Showing results 1 to 7 of 7
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: J David Ellis
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras November 10th 07, 11:59 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 9
Posted By J David Ellis
what is meant by "good" lens?

Thank you for the pointer to fredmiranda.com, a marvelous site.

RichA wrote:
Nothing Canon makes? :)
For those FF Canons, you need the best of the best, otherwise, you
shortchange the...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras November 10th 07, 04:25 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 9
Posted By J David Ellis
what is meant by "good" lens?

A review of the Canon EOS 5D points out the full-size sensor
makes demands on lenses with respect to edge fall-off and
edge aberrations. The reviewer points out "good" lenses are
needed. But what...
Forum: Digital Photography November 19th 06, 12:59 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 29
Posted By J David Ellis
CF card not recognized by Windows XP

A Sandisk 2GB CF card recorded dozens of files during
shooting without an indicated error. When I plugged it into
the USB2 card reader it was not recognized as a storage
device. It's companion 2GB...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras November 8th 06, 12:18 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 19
Posted By J David Ellis
How to lighten the DSLR load?

J David Ellis wrote:
snip
Thank you all very much for the thoughtful replies. You've
been a big help.

Please consider this thread to be closed.
--David
Forum: Digital Photography November 8th 06, 12:16 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 2
Posted By J David Ellis
Slide copy adapter for Canon 180mm macro?

tomm42 wrote:

On Nov 5, 6:39 pm, J David Ellis wrote:
Anybody know if there is such a product available?

I want to use that lens attached to an EOS-10D for copying
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras November 6th 06, 12:05 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 19
Posted By J David Ellis
How to lighten the DSLR load?

I'd like to find an alternative to the bulk and weight of
the EOS-5D and a bunch of Canon 2.8L lenses, but I'm having
trouble evaluating cameras for adequate signal-to-noise
ratio at higher ISOs....
Forum: Digital Photography November 5th 06, 11:39 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 2
Posted By J David Ellis
Slide copy adapter for Canon 180mm macro?

Anybody know if there is such a product available?

I want to use that lens attached to an EOS-10D for copying
dozens of slides. The 10D's small sensor requires about ten
inches between lens and...
Showing results 1 to 7 of 7