Showing results 1 to 21 of 21
Search took 0.03 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: H.S.[_3_]
Forum: Digital Photography November 14th 08, 06:44 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 82
Posted By H.S.[_3_]
people who have used CHDK

Hello,

I was wondering what is the experience of people who have used CHDK
(http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/FAQ). In your view, does the increased
access to camera hardware and other features worthwhile...
Forum: Digital Photography November 13th 08, 08:07 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 71
Posted By H.S.[_3_]
to retain group's value, don't reply to trolls [was: rec.photo.digital]

John McWilliams wrote:

do it on posting name. Just not replying is the answer.

Yup, best strategy.

--
Please remove all caps,if any, from my email address to get the correct
one. Apologies...

nospam wrote:

however, on older systems, if the camera was on a tripod the
stabilization would still try to stabilize, making it worse. that's no
longer an issue.

Very interesting! Wasn't...
Forum: Digital Photography November 13th 08, 06:36 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 71
Posted By H.S.[_3_]
rec.photo.digital

tconway wrote:

You guys are like the seamonster Hydra. You cut off one head and another
one reappears shouting the same drivel.
Give it a break.

I guess it is time to plonk the...
Forum: Digital Photography November 13th 08, 06:34 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 29
Posted By H.S.[_3_]
image stabilization: how good wrt f-spot?

Chris Malcolm wrote:

You also have to bear in mind that although IS extends the shutter
speeds with which you can get acceptably sharp hand held shots, few if
any IS systems are quite as...
Forum: Digital Photography November 13th 08, 06:26 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 3
Posted By H.S.[_3_]
Wrong group, sorry. [ mozilla seamonkey: SSL protocol has beendisabled]

Apologies, wrong list.

Sorry.

H.S. wrote:
Hello,

Just now I tried to browse to yahoo mail web page and Mozilla Seamonkey
on Debian Testing reported something to the effect of "This page...
Forum: Digital Photography November 13th 08, 06:25 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 3
Posted By H.S.[_3_]
mozilla seamonkey: SSL protocol has been disabled

Hello,

Just now I tried to browse to yahoo mail web page and Mozilla Seamonkey
on Debian Testing reported something to the effect of "This page cannot
be loaded because SSL protocol has been...
Forum: Digital Photography November 13th 08, 06:18 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 29
Posted By H.S.[_3_]
image stabilization: how good wrt f-spot?

David J Taylor wrote:
H.S. wrote:
Just wanted to know what is the improvement in f-stop one gets with
those image stabilization lenses? Similarly, what is the improvement
in P&S...
Forum: Digital Photography November 13th 08, 04:54 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 29
Posted By H.S.[_3_]
image stabilization: how good wrt f-spot?

wrote:
On Thu, 13 Nov 2008 11:29:50 -0500, in rec.photo.digital "H.S."
wrote:

Just wanted to know what is the improvement in f-stop one gets with
Forum: Digital Photography November 13th 08, 04:51 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital

Marvin wrote:
H.S. wrote:
Just wanted to know what is the improvement in f-stop one gets with
those image stabilization lenses? Similarly, what is the improvement in
P&S cameras?

Forum: Digital Photography November 13th 08, 04:29 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 29
Posted By H.S.[_3_]
image stabilization: how good wrt f-spot?

Just wanted to know what is the improvement in f-stop one gets with
those image stabilization lenses? Similarly, what is the improvement in
P&S cameras?

IIRC, I read some place that the improvement...
Forum: Digital Photography November 13th 08, 03:17 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 3
Posted By H.S.[_3_]
any body have experience with canon SX100IS?

It is on deal here. I was wondering how it compares with Canon's G9 or G
series of cameras?

It looks like the SX100IS does hot have a hot shoe, right?

Thanks.
--
Please remove all caps,if any,...
Forum: Digital Photography November 13th 08, 12:50 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital

Steve wrote:

"all intents and purposes" "pretty much" is not the seamless range
that a DSLR gives. So even the high-end super zoom "P&S" (and I put
P&S in quotes because once you get to...
Forum: Digital Photography November 11th 08, 03:13 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 89
Posted By H.S.[_3_]
P&S V DSLR debate here

nospam wrote:
In article -Free, H.S.
wrote:

Related question, what makes phase detection expensive than contrast
Forum: Digital Photography November 11th 08, 02:14 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 89
Posted By H.S.[_3_]
P&S V DSLR debate here

SMS wrote:
Douglas Johnson wrote:

It is a major problem with P&S in my opinion. I looked real hard this
summer
for a pocketable P&S with fast full-press shutter and couldn't find
Forum: Digital Photography November 10th 08, 10:46 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 10
Posted By H.S.[_3_]
baffled!

eugene wrote:
This is a wee bit complicated to explain so please bear with me. My
sister in law phoned me the other night as her computer crashed every
time she connected her camera to it. She...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras November 10th 08, 07:54 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 54
Posted By H.S.[_3_]
Response to P&S reasons list

George wrote:

Actually, I found it quite interesting.

For some months I have been considering selling all my DSLR stuff - mainly
because it's all so impractical. I've got a high spec...
Forum: Digital Photography November 10th 08, 07:54 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 90
Posted By H.S.[_3_]
Response to P&S reasons list

George wrote:

Actually, I found it quite interesting.

For some months I have been considering selling all my DSLR stuff - mainly
because it's all so impractical. I've got a high spec...
Forum: Digital Photography November 10th 08, 05:00 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 14
Posted By H.S.[_3_]
picking an intro level P&S

Thank you every one for their excellent recommendations and insights. I
have had an other suggestion in addition the great ones he Casio
Exilim Zoom EX-Z9. I checked some sample photos, and this...
Forum: Digital Photography November 9th 08, 06:32 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 14
Posted By H.S.[_3_]
picking an intro level P&S

SMS wrote:

For an ultra-compact with a wide angle lens, look at the Sony Cyber-shot
DSC-W170. This is presently the only sub-compact with a Li-Ion battery,
wide-angle lens, optical...
Forum: Digital Photography November 9th 08, 03:49 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 14
Posted By H.S.[_3_]
picking an intro level P&S

Hello,

I am looking for a P&S going to be a gift for a relative of mine. I am
looking for a battery-included (Li ion), at least 6 MP, reasonably good
picture quality and costing around $110 (in...
Showing results 1 to 21 of 21