Showing results 1 to 25 of 125
Search took 0.20 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Joe Makowiec
Forum: Digital Photography February 6th 21, 01:27 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 11
Posted By Joe Makowiec
A Change to the National Park Photo & Video Permit Rule

On 05 Feb 2021 in rec.photo.digital, Savageduck wrote:

It seems the permit requirement for photography &
videography/filmmakers in the National Parks has been lifted.

Forum: Digital Photography January 28th 21, 02:17 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 28
Posted By Joe Makowiec
(Relatively) affordable, compact medium format 100MP camera

On 28 Jan 2021 in rec.photo.digital, Neil wrote:

I doubt that the sensor is 6x6cm or larger, and the 102mp resolution
is well below that of MF film.

Image sensor 43.8mm×32.9mm Bayer array with...
Forum: Digital Photography January 8th 21, 11:39 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 5
Posted By Joe Makowiec
Morro Bay State Park Marina Pano

On 05 Jan 2021 in rec.photo.digital, Savageduck wrote:

On Jan 5, 2021, Savageduck wrote
(in ):

A 180º aerial pano from my...
Forum: Digital Photography December 2nd 20, 03:24 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 46
Posted By Joe Makowiec
December 1 on the California Central Coast

On 01 Dec 2020 in rec.photo.digital, Savageduck wrote:

It was a beautiful, cloudless, and Sunny day today, and a balmy
72ºF (22.2ºC). So it was perfect for a drone flight with the Mavic
Air 2....
Forum: Digital Photography November 4th 20, 11:26 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 4
Posted By Joe Makowiec
A Few Aerial Surf Shots

On 03 Nov 2020 in rec.photo.digital, Savageduck wrote:

After voting today I took a drive down to Morro Bay to see what I
could capture with my Mavic Air 2.

Forum: Digital Photography October 3rd 20, 12:02 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 41
Posted By Joe Makowiec
How much does cutting-edge AF matter? Watch Nikon

On 01 Oct 2020 in rec.photo.digital, Alfred Molon wrote:

In article , incubus9536612
@gmail.com says...

They can be configured in different ways. You can have...
Forum: Digital Photography September 4th 20, 11:16 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 2
Posted By Joe Makowiec
Migrating FROM Lightroom Classic

On 02 Sep 2020 in rec.photo.digital, Savageduck wrote:

I have bought On1, Capture One 20, Luminar, and Exposure X5. I have
used them as standalone apps, and with the exception of Capture One,
Forum: Digital Photography September 2nd 20, 01:40 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 2
Posted By Joe Makowiec
Migrating FROM Lightroom Classic

Has anybody migrated from Adobe Lightroom Classic to some other software?
I'm specifically most interested in how the catalog transferred, and
particularly keywords and GPS. I have solidly into 5...
Forum: Digital Photography August 26th 20, 04:06 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 24
Posted By Joe Makowiec
MA2 Along the San Antonio River

On 25 Aug 2020 in rec.photo.digital, Savageduck wrote:

The smoke around here had eased up, and the temperature was a bit
more tolerable this morning, so I got out to fly my Mavic Air 2, and
to...
Forum: Digital Photography June 12th 20, 12:34 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 11
Posted By Joe Makowiec
A Sunset Training Drone Flight

On 12 Jun 2020 in rec.photo.digital, Savageduck wrote:

https://photos.smugmug.com/Air-2-Work/i-g7mB74B/0/24d6577b/5K/DJI_00
24-5K.jpg

I really like the pano.

Can you grab stills while...
Forum: Digital Photography June 7th 20, 12:12 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 20
Posted By Joe Makowiec
Pano with the MA2 Drone

On 06 Jun 2020 in rec.photo.digital, Savageduck wrote:

Here is an example of just how bad it can get. I might do better
with HDR or stacked exposure bracket. but realisticall, the sensor
is...
Forum: Digital Photography June 7th 20, 11:54 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 20
Posted By Joe Makowiec
Pano with the MA2 Drone

On 07 Jun 2020 in rec.photo.digital, Savageduck wrote:

Then it starts to shoot a programmed matrix of frames around the aim
point, all stitched together by the system, and saved to the Micro
Forum: Digital Photography June 5th 20, 12:21 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 0
Posted By Joe Makowiec
New Adobe Logos

Posted on PetaPixel a couple of days ago - Adobe is tinkering with
logos to get better 'brand...
Forum: Digital Photography June 1st 20, 03:28 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 1
Posted By Joe Makowiec
Monitor / Printer Profiling

I'm about to bite the bullet and do some profiling. I profiled our
cameras some months back, and assorted software keeps pointing out to me
that it would be a good thing to profile my monitors. I'd...
Forum: Digital Photography March 30th 20, 01:00 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 10
Posted By Joe Makowiec
Lockdown View

On 29 Mar 2020 in rec.photo.digital, Savageduck wrote:

This is a pano of the view from the apartment in the Southern
suburbs of Cape Town where I might have had to sit out a COVID-19
lockdown...
Forum: Digital Photography May 28th 19, 04:28 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 4
Posted By Joe Makowiec
Where to repair a Nikon 35 Ti?

On 27 May 2019 in rec.photo.digital, Savageduck wrote:

https://phototech.com

Per Nikon's website, this is an authorized service station. Also in
driving distance for Mort is Nikon's East Coast...
Forum: Digital Photography May 7th 18, 01:18 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 8
Posted By Joe Makowiec
Wildflower Triathlon Time

On 06 May 2018 in rec.photo.digital, Savageduck wrote:

It is that time of the year again, so we have the Wildflower
Triathlon at Lake San Antonio, and I got a few shots (485) of some
of the...
Forum: Digital Photography February 13th 18, 11:59 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 43
Posted By Joe Makowiec
Fuji's Moving Away From Retro

On 10 Feb 2018 in rec.photo.digital, Savageduck wrote:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/984hs94gxjddzxt/Feb8-03.jpeg

I like the greyscales, especially #3 - it does a great job bringing out
the design...
Forum: Digital Photography November 6th 17, 02:35 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 24
Posted By Joe Makowiec
Geotagging app

On 03 Nov 2017 in rec.photo.digital, Alfred Molon wrote:

Caan anybody recommend an Android app which records position and
altitude, and later you can add that data to the exif of JPEGs and
Forum: Digital Photography May 3rd 17, 07:25 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.comp.os.windows-10
Replies: 96
Posted By Joe Makowiec
JPEG EXIF replacement on windows at home

On 03 May 2017 in rec.photo.digital, Roy Tremblay wrote:

Is there a way to replace one JPEG EXIF data with that from another
JPEG.

I'm thinking about camera, gps, and date kind of EXIF...
Forum: Digital Photography May 3rd 17, 03:18 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 2
Posted By Joe Makowiec
Photo Library Management

Some might recognize their situation in today's XKCD:

https://xkcd.com/1832/

For those who are unfamiliar, XKCD is a web comic of geek humor. Be sure
to hover your mouse over the image to see the...
Forum: Digital Photography April 15th 17, 02:28 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 213
Posted By Joe Makowiec
Film scanners?

On 15 Apr 2017 in rec.photo.digital, newshound wrote:

I realise that this question doesn't have a simple answer, but it is
time I started scanning some of my old 35 mm slides and negatives
Forum: Digital Photography October 20th 16, 11:41 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 8
Posted By Joe Makowiec
Kodak Ektra smartphone inspired by 1940s

On 20 Oct 2016 in rec.photo.digital, Savageduck wrote:

Corporate death throes can sometimes be pitiful.
Even George Eastman knew when it was time to exit. As he said in his
suicide note: "To...
Forum: Digital Photography September 18th 16, 09:16 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 10
Posted By Joe Makowiec
Hummers @ 1/3200

On 18 Sep 2016 in rec.photo.digital, Savageduck wrote:

OK! This morning I went back to the mechanical shutter after
yesterday's weird ES effect. I shot these at 1/3200, ISO 1600.
Forum: Digital Photography August 24th 16, 12:00 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 14
Posted By Joe Makowiec
Air Quality Today

On 23 Aug 2016 in rec.photo.digital, Savageduck wrote:

The "Chimney Fire" has grown to 37,101 acres and is burning around
the North-West end of Lake Nacimiento to threaten the North Shore
Showing results 1 to 25 of 125