Showing results 1 to 25 of 125
Search took 2.70 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Ken Nadvornick
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment October 27th 08, 07:16 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 26
Posted By Ken Nadvornick
New! Kodak Ektar 100 35mm negative film!

"That Rich" wrote:

Hope the LF trials are going well.

Unfortunately I found that two of my four old 8x10 film holders are leaking
light. And these were the two better condition ones. So it...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment October 27th 08, 07:15 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 26
Posted By Ken Nadvornick
New! Kodak Ektar 100 35mm negative film!

"Bruce" wrote:

Sadly, this 35mm newsgroup is no longer
a pleasant place to discuss 35mm film.

Unpleasantly true, that...

But the new film does sound very interesting. My wife will probably...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment October 26th 08, 03:45 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 26
Posted By Ken Nadvornick
New! Kodak Ektar 100 35mm negative film!

"That Rich" wrote:

The news of Ektar was posted here at least a month ago.

Hi Rich,

Good to hear from you.

Ektar is a legendary product that, according to a retired Kodak research
engineer over...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment October 25th 08, 05:37 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 26
Posted By Ken Nadvornick
New! Kodak Ektar 100 35mm negative film!

"Noons" wrote:

Welcome to last month's news.
It was announced at Photokina.
And as usual the "news" sites
all missed it...
Fortunately, in the sites that really
deal with film...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment October 16th 08, 06:06 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 39
Posted By Ken Nadvornick
A plea for posting in the proper places (r.p.d.slr, r.p.d.slr-systems)

"Ken Nadvornick" wrote:

I also, along with many others, have said again and again that if
you guys - and you all *know* who you are - don't reign in your
digital egos and...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment October 16th 08, 05:21 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

"Ken Nadvornick" wrote:

I also, along with many others, have said again and again that if
you guys - and you all *know* who you are - don't reign in your
digital egos and lighten up,...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment October 16th 08, 04:46 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 39
Posted By Ken Nadvornick
A plea for posting in the proper places (r.p.d.slr, r.p.d.slr-systems)

"Frank Pittel" wrote:

Over time I asked that discussions about digital equipment be
taken to groups where the threads would actually be on topic.
While the excuses for posting the off topic...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment September 14th 08, 05:45 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 12
Posted By Ken Nadvornick
[SI] Rulz Change - Azpect Razio

"Paul Furman" wrote:

OK so plain (containing html code) text won't work.

I've also wondered about this. I'm pretty sure a few of the earlier SI
submissions had active HTML links, but I never...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment September 8th 08, 04:47 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 16
Posted By Ken Nadvornick
[SI] recognised aspect ratios for photographic competitions.

"tony cooper" wrote:

I don't know if the Shoot-In was a competition at one time, but this
last one wasn't.

Absolutely correct. It has *never* been a competition. And it has never been
one on...
Forum: Digital Photography September 8th 08, 04:47 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo,rec.photo.digital

"tony cooper" wrote:

I don't know if the Shoot-In was a competition at one time, but this
last one wasn't.

Absolutely correct. It has *never* been a competition. And it has never been
one on...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment September 7th 08, 07:33 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 0
Posted By Ken Nadvornick
Someone else post a film thread.

"Scott W" wrote:

I note that there has been virtually no threads dealing with film on
this group, other then the few I started. If no one else is going
start a film related thread then I...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment September 7th 08, 01:25 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 14
Posted By Ken Nadvornick
[SI] September mandate - "Wide" - 3 weeks to go.

"Robert Coe" wrote:

How wide is "wide"? My widest lens goes only to 18mm. I had thought
about buying a 10-20 next year (having blown this year's tax rebate
on a telephoto), but decided to put...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment September 5th 08, 04:50 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 29
Posted By Ken Nadvornick
[SI] call for mandates and guidelines

"Alan Browne" wrote:

And the viewers that re-size it often introduce artifacts of various
kinds (generalized sampling algorithms that do poorly on contrasty
areas...) ... Pbase looks best...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment September 3rd 08, 06:09 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 42
Posted By Ken Nadvornick
[SI] "Open" Critique

"Bõwser" wrote:

http://www.pbase.com/shootin/image/102465720 (Carnival Rides)
OK, this is one of those shots that I'd really prefer in color. Carnival
rides are usually very colorful, and the...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment September 2nd 08, 06:35 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 29
Posted By Ken Nadvornick
[SI] call for mandates and guidelines

"Alan Browne" wrote:

As you all know I have very selective hearing g however I would like:

# Mandate ideas. Please, not too abstract.

Need to noodle on this one...

# Guidelines on...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment September 2nd 08, 01:12 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 80
Posted By Ken Nadvornick
[SI] 2008.08 is up

"D-Mac" wrote:

Interesting to see the number of Monochrome images
too.

Yes, it is. I like it...

Even bleaching the colour to transform an originally
colour image into a Mono image breaks...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment September 1st 08, 05:27 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 5
Posted By Ken Nadvornick
[SI] Open

"Alan Browne" wrote:

Send me the bribe money now, the rest comes after...

Alan, look for the email I just send to your si.moderator address.

Ken
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment September 1st 08, 05:03 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 5
Posted By Ken Nadvornick
[SI] Open

"Alan Browne" wrote:

Let me at least announce it first, damnit!

I bet you saw a name or two?

Or three...

How come this sort of thing never happens when I buy a lottery ticket?
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment September 1st 08, 04:51 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 5
Posted By Ken Nadvornick
[SI] Open

Twenty-one unique contributors. Not bad...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment August 24th 08, 10:50 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 1
Posted By Ken Nadvornick
For you FILM lovers !

"Annika1980" wrote:

And if anybody is still stuck in the dark ages and still
using film, then post some of your current stuff.

Sigh... You guys *really* need to find a way to get yourselves...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment August 23rd 08, 10:48 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 39
Posted By Ken Nadvornick
archive of past shootins

"Ken Nadvornick" wrote:

Implicit in the definition of entropy is the definition of time
as a sequential phenomenon. Meaning that while any CPU can
process instructions very, very...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment August 23rd 08, 04:43 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 39
Posted By Ken Nadvornick
archive of past shootins

"Alan Browne" wrote:

I never claimed it to be either/or, however, on something that
takes 10 - 15 minutes to accomplish, splitting hairs over time-
slice or multi-taksing (pre-emptive or...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment August 16th 08, 07:29 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 36
Posted By Ken Nadvornick
B&W Mailers or Kits?

"Noons" wrote:

Just finished a batch of D76, didn't last long anyway.
But I'm always interested in hearing about longer life
developers.

In the Kodak realm, you might give a look to HC-110. ...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment August 16th 08, 06:42 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 39
Posted By Ken Nadvornick
archive of past shootins

"D-Mac" wrote:

Windows is not multi tasking it is a "time slicing" OS. I would
have thought someone claiming to have as many brains as you
Alan, would have known this.

Just a gentle nudge...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment August 15th 08, 06:15 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 36
Posted By Ken Nadvornick
B&W Mailers or Kits?

"Noons" wrote:

Anyways, question if I may:
what developer do you use for b&w?
I'm using DD-X now: it's excellent to control highlights
with little agitation and doesn't stink up the place
Showing results 1 to 25 of 125