Showing results 1 to 20 of 20
Search took 1.10 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Henry Kolesnik
Forum: Digital Photography March 26th 09, 03:38 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 16
Posted By Henry Kolesnik
Nikon SB-600 with Coolpix 990 ?

Thanks for all the leads. I've done a bit of checking and I'll have to
decide if I should go wireless or slave. The Cactus has a nice stand
with it that could be handy. I saw one bad review on...
Forum: Digital Photography March 26th 09, 01:16 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 16
Posted By Henry Kolesnik
Nikon SB-600 with Coolpix 990 ?

He nospam
The 990 has a red eye reduction mode but I can turn it off. So what is
a good cheapo slave or maybe not so cheapo. And do I have to worry
about how much voltage it puts on the contacts...
Forum: Digital Photography March 25th 09, 07:08 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 16
Posted By Henry Kolesnik
Nikon SB-600 with Coolpix 990 ?

Thanks, so what kind of remote slave trigger would be good, inexpensive
and work with SB-600 and 990?
Thanks
Hank
"ASAAR" wrote in message...
Forum: Digital Photography March 25th 09, 01:09 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 16
Posted By Henry Kolesnik
Nikon SB-600 with Coolpix 990 ?

Hey me
Thanks for the URL, I had seen it before but not for the life of me
refind it. I get the unit today...
Another question. I don't know the correct term but can I set this
flash near some...
Forum: Digital Photography March 25th 09, 02:03 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 16
Posted By Henry Kolesnik
Nikon SB-600 with Coolpix 990 ?

Hey nospam
Good and thanks..
I'm going to get it.
Is there any gotchas or things to watch out for?
Hank
"nospam" wrote in message...
Forum: Digital Photography March 25th 09, 01:10 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 16
Posted By Henry Kolesnik
Nikon SB-600 with Coolpix 990 ?

I currently have a Coolpix 950 & 990 and may get a newer Nikon later
this year but right now I have an opportunity to get a SB-600
speedlight. I also have the SK-E900 bracket and AS-E900 cable. ...
Forum: Digital Photography August 24th 08, 01:00 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 28
Posted By Henry Kolesnik
more 990 coolpix ??

Paul
Very nice, thanks..
We'll you can buy them now for about $75.00, so put a couple on shelf in
reserve..
Hmmm, I wonder how many shots one can take with one of these 990s before
they start...
Forum: Digital Photography August 21st 08, 09:21 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 28
Posted By Henry Kolesnik
more 990 coolpix ??

Paul
Can you send or post it full size, if so I'd like a closer look
particularly at the no red eye if you didn't edit out?
"Paul Bartram" p.bartram AT OR NEAR mysoul.com.au wrote in message...
Forum: Digital Photography August 21st 08, 09:19 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 28
Posted By Henry Kolesnik
more 990 coolpix ??

Just luck..
Pretty girl and nice colours..
and perhaps a good photographer?

--

73
Hank WD5JFR
"Paul Bartram" p.bartram AT OR NEAR mysoul.com.au wrote in message...
Forum: Digital Photography August 20th 08, 10:49 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 1
Posted By Henry Kolesnik
Cool Pix 990 best flash?? including D40..

Well I just got a SK 900 & AS-900 on eBay so I can use an external flash
on my 990. As I understand it my SB-15 has either too much voltage or
current and needs an interposing relay or other...
Forum: Digital Photography August 20th 08, 10:40 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 28
Posted By Henry Kolesnik
more 990 coolpix ??

Olin
I just lucked out on eBay, got a SK-900 and AS-E900 for $14.00 shipped.
I wonder if it's current or voltage that hurts the whatever it is that
triggers the external flash.
Happy to hear you...
Forum: Digital Photography August 20th 08, 02:46 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 28
Posted By Henry Kolesnik
more 990 coolpix ??

Olin
There's a little 1/4" screw cap on the bottom side of the lens/flash
housing which is supposed to accept a AS-E900 adapter cable. I think I
have a line on one as well as the SK-E900...
Forum: Digital Photography August 19th 08, 06:10 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 28
Posted By Henry Kolesnik
more 990 coolpix ??

Olin
Isn't the preflash supposed to limit red-eye and I thought the 990 had
it.
Hank
"Olin K. McDaniel" wrote in message...
Forum: Digital Photography August 19th 08, 02:57 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 28
Posted By Henry Kolesnik
more 990 coolpix ??

What is it with the flash trigger contacts in the 990 that it can handle
a regular flash. Are the contacts a solid state switch with a very low
current rating? Isn't interesting how many hams...
Forum: Digital Photography August 16th 08, 09:39 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 28
Posted By Henry Kolesnik
more 990 coolpix ??

Hey me
Thanks for the site, very interesting..
Hank
wrote in message
On Sat, 16 Aug 2008 07:32:25 -0500, in rec.photo.digital...
Forum: Digital Photography August 16th 08, 01:32 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 28
Posted By Henry Kolesnik
more 990 coolpix ??

Paul
Thanks for the point to the Davis review. I see he used a SB-15 with an
ES-900 but I can't find any info on the ES-900, what is it? I think I
may have a line on a SK-E900 bracket,...
Forum: Digital Photography August 15th 08, 05:39 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 28
Posted By Henry Kolesnik
more 990 coolpix ??

Wow, $70.00 for the bracket for the $75.00 950 doesn't make sense to
me..
I'll have to keep watching.
I guess I'm going to have to learn about all the different Speedlights
because I thought...
Forum: Digital Photography August 14th 08, 08:35 PM Posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 28
Posted By Henry Kolesnik
Another Brisbane at night pano..

"Mark Thomas" wrote in message
Troy Piggins wrote:
* Mark Thomas wrote :
More work in progress..

Forum: Digital Photography August 14th 08, 08:14 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 28
Posted By Henry Kolesnik
more 990 coolpix ??

I got ahead of myself and forgot to ask these questions in my first
query.
Several of the used 990s I've seen had broken battery compartment doors.
Mine is OK and I want it to stay that way, so...
Forum: Digital Photography August 14th 08, 03:32 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 2
Posted By Henry Kolesnik
coolpix 990 ?

I've upgraded from a 950 to a 990, big enough jump for me. I bought the
950 new in 2000 for around $900.00 and got this 990 used for $75.00.
Good deal but now I need to get a bigger CF card and...
Showing results 1 to 20 of 20