Showing results 1 to 25 of 76
Search took 1.11 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Bruce Lewis
Forum: Digital Photography October 8th 08, 08:41 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 0
Posted By Bruce Lewis
URL-based photo prints?

writes:

Are there any photo print services that I can integrate into my own
self-hosted photos site? I'd like to be able to link to such a service
passing the URL(s) of the...
Forum: Digital Photography September 20th 08, 06:19 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 0
Posted By Bruce Lewis
why do photosharing website offer only limited free space?

sobriquet writes:

Ok, but why are videosharing websites offering virtually unlimited
space then? Are they not
in it for the money?

Video sharing sites aren't expected to...
Forum: Digital Photography August 6th 08, 06:21 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 35
Posted By Bruce Lewis
DSLR and P&S Smackdown

Douglas Johnson writes:

The picture isn't much, just a shot of a Mc Mansion being built. But
there is lots of detail and texture.

Without looking at the pictures, I can't...
Forum: Digital Photography July 29th 08, 01:09 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 0
Posted By Bruce Lewis
which photo-emailing tools keep EXIF and which don't?

I just implemented an upload-by-email feature for my photo-sharing
site. I've seen advice to people on this group about different tools
that shrink photos for emailing. I imagine some of these...
Forum: Digital Photography July 23rd 08, 11:09 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 7
Posted By Bruce Lewis
Best Digital Picture Frame

the-changling writes:

On Jul 23, 1:58*pm, Bruce Lewis wrote:
I review it he

http://ourdoings.com/2008-03-01

Thanks for the reply. I...
Forum: Digital Photography July 23rd 08, 07:58 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 7
Posted By Bruce Lewis
Best Digital Picture Frame

the-changling writes:

Then I read that if there is a
network glitch, the slideshow will stop and does not auto-restart. Is
this really a huge issue with these wi-fi...
Forum: Digital Photography July 18th 08, 07:31 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 2
Posted By Bruce Lewis
Drowning in photos

Mxsmanic writes:

So you end up taking zillions of shots of the same subject over
time, trying to find the One Perfect Shot. Sometimes this happens on the same
day, if...
Forum: Digital Photography April 30th 08, 02:43 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 12
Posted By Bruce Lewis
Pentax K10D aand K100D cameras

"Steve B" writes:

The K100D is a joy to use with old cheap manual lenses, the
camera gives an AF confirmation when manually focusing, and stop-down
Forum: Digital Photography March 7th 08, 05:31 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 46
Posted By Bruce Lewis
Low-Light Options for Theatre

ScriptDude writes:

(If I wanted to stand on stage and take the pics,
I'd be fine. But, I don't want to just take posed pics, the kind they
take for publicity in the...
Forum: Digital Photography March 7th 08, 05:04 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 19
Posted By Bruce Lewis
Digital Photo Frames - 16:9 Why?

"Dudley Hanks" writes:

But, I'm wondering what happens when you try to display an image with a
different ratio? Does the frame automatically center / crop it?

I'm...
Forum: Digital Photography January 3rd 08, 06:02 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 0
Posted By Bruce Lewis
cool photo-sharing feature for casual photographers

Remember my photo sharing site that I occasionally recommend to people
in this group? I added a cool new featu let somebody else cull your
best photos...

http://ourdoings.com/2008-01-03

People...
Forum: Digital Photography December 12th 07, 07:21 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 18
Posted By Bruce Lewis
Shooting vs Taking pictures.

irwell writes:

With all the negative connotation attached to shooting
these days, what other word can we use for 'taking pictures'?

We need outside consultation to find the...
Forum: Digital Photography October 23rd 07, 04:01 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 23
Posted By Bruce Lewis
Emailing photo attachments (file size)

Ron Hunter writes:

Really, nothing annoys me more that getting a resized, compressed, and
unprintable photo in email. Of course I have broadband, and might
feel...
Forum: Digital Photography September 26th 07, 02:37 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 9
Posted By Bruce Lewis
Driving the last few nails in the film coffin

writes:

Film is always going to be around. There are still SW radio hams out
there, even in this internet age. Enthhusiasts will always enjoy the
parapha.. para.....
Forum: Digital Photography September 18th 07, 04:17 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 15
Posted By Bruce Lewis
Resizing to include emails

"Mr. G D Geen" writes:

My preferred method is to upload pics to a web site and then send a
link to said location. -G

Both ourdoings.com and smugmug have an email updates feature...
Forum: Digital Photography August 31st 07, 12:59 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 2
Posted By Bruce Lewis
high-quality camera phone

I've seen different people on this newsgroup bandy about the opinion
that when you integrate a camera and cell phone, the camera can never be
of high quality. Well guess what? You were wrong,...
Forum: Digital Photography August 29th 07, 06:03 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 17
Posted By Bruce Lewis
P&S offerings are triggers for rage

writes:

Optical viewfinders on P&S cameras are useless. The LCD is much better
for framing a shot. On P&S cameras I've owned that had a viewfinder I
literally NEVER used...
Forum: Digital Photography August 23rd 07, 08:51 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 1
Posted By Bruce Lewis
About the Poltergeist

"Ron Baird" writes:

I have reviewed the message posted about the poltergeist and believe the
unusual blur is either smoke, a piece of fabric, or something else of this
Forum: Digital Photography July 26th 07, 04:41 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 21
Posted By Bruce Lewis
Website to share and distribute photos

Hamid writes:

Roman, we just launched a site for just that:
http://www.photodrop.com
It's the easiest of the bunch to use.

If it's "just for that" regarding the original...
Forum: Digital Photography July 25th 07, 03:45 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 21
Posted By Bruce Lewis
Website to share and distribute photos

"divoch" writes:

I am looking for advice on the best free way to electronically view,
share and distribute/download digital photos taken by a group of
people on...
Forum: Digital Photography July 23rd 07, 05:50 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 4
Posted By Bruce Lewis
Where will your photos be in a hundred years?

"Frank ess" writes:

You reckon there is even the slightest chance they will show up in a
place like this? :
http://www.shorpy.com

Not unless you make some silver...
Forum: Digital Photography July 3rd 07, 03:22 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 20
Posted By Bruce Lewis
Mermaid Parade Pictures

"Mike Russell" -MOVE writes:

There you go. Some of my best images are framed and double matted
histograms.

Yes, those are really good. I especially like the...
Forum: Digital Photography June 27th 07, 08:23 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 5
Posted By Bruce Lewis
Photo achiving to a database

writes:

I am working for a organization that wants to set up a photo archive
on their server. It needs to be searchable, easily updatable, cheap
(I'm working for a...
Forum: Digital Photography June 25th 07, 08:14 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 5
Posted By Bruce Lewis
rotation of pics

"Mr.Bolshoyhuy" writes:

IrfanView auto-rotates images according to EXIF data; however, some
other pic viewers do not, and thumbnails within explorer arent
rotated. The...
Forum: Digital Photography June 22nd 07, 06:52 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 1
Posted By Bruce Lewis
Photo Sharing Websites Recomendations Please

"Jon Burke" writes:

- Gives statistics for all individual albums
- Allows albums within albums e.g. a different album for each day of a
holiday
- Encourages...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 76