Showing results 1 to 25 of 115
Search took 0.20 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Tom Phillips
Forum: Large Format Photography Equipment February 2nd 07, 01:36 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
Replies: 52
Posted By Tom Phillips
Chinese lge format films

John Boy wrote:

"Garry" wrote in message
On the subject of the Large Format Chinese film presently available...
Forum: Large Format Photography Equipment February 2nd 07, 01:35 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
Replies: 52
Posted By Tom Phillips
Chinese lge format films

Robert wrote:

"Neil Purling" wrote in message
HEY GUYS
I am not interested in a politically motivated...
Forum: Large Format Photography Equipment February 2nd 07, 01:22 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
Replies: 52
Posted By Tom Phillips
Chinese lge format films

Ric Trexell wrote:

"John Boy" wrote in message
"Garry" wrote in message
Forum: In The Darkroom February 1st 07, 01:34 AM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 25
Posted By Tom Phillips
Why aren't easels black

Gregory Blank wrote:

In article ,
Tom Phillips wrote:

I _have_ measured RD fog due to the length of time paper
is exposed to a...
Forum: In The Darkroom February 1st 07, 01:31 AM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 25
Posted By Tom Phillips
Why aren't easels black

wrote:

On Jan 31, 12:37 am, Tom Phillips wrote:

Question: Why would anyone use unexposed paper
for composing and focusing? Which seems to...
Forum: In The Darkroom January 31st 07, 08:40 AM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 25
Posted By Tom Phillips
Why aren't easels black

Gregory Blank wrote:

In article ,
"Lew" wrote:

I'm working in my darkroom today, and it just occurred to me... why aren't
Forum: In The Darkroom January 31st 07, 08:37 AM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 25
Posted By Tom Phillips
Why aren't easels black

wrote:

On Jan 27, 1:15 pm, "Lew" wrote:

Surely, some light from the enlarger passes through the
translucent paper and scatters back...
Forum: In The Darkroom January 31st 07, 08:31 AM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 25
Posted By Tom Phillips
Why aren't easels black

Claudio Bonavolta wrote:

On 27 jan, 22:15, "Lew" wrote:
I'm working in my darkroom today, and it just occurred to me... why aren't
easels black? Surely, some...
Forum: Large Format Photography Equipment January 21st 07, 08:31 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format,rec.photo.darkroom,rec.photo.film+labs,rec.photo.misc
Replies: 10
Posted By Tom Phillips
Rediscovering colour photography by direct trichromy

Well, your post said "looks like the technique that russian
guy developed..."

Course I was already very familiar with Gorskii and had
high appreciation of his work! But in fact James Clerk
Maxwell...
Forum: Film & Labs January 21st 07, 08:31 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format,rec.photo.darkroom,rec.photo.film+labs,rec.photo.misc
Replies: 10
Posted By Tom Phillips
Rediscovering colour photography by direct trichromy

Well, your post said "looks like the technique that russian
guy developed..."

Course I was already very familiar with Gorskii and had
high appreciation of his work! But in fact James Clerk
Maxwell...
Forum: In The Darkroom January 21st 07, 08:31 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format,rec.photo.darkroom,rec.photo.film+labs,rec.photo.misc
Replies: 12
Posted By Tom Phillips
Rediscovering colour photography by direct trichromy

Well, your post said "looks like the technique that russian
guy developed..."

Course I was already very familiar with Gorskii and had
high appreciation of his work! But in fact James Clerk
Maxwell...
Forum: Large Format Photography Equipment January 20th 07, 02:27 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
Replies: 60
Posted By Tom Phillips
Front tilt loses middle

Leonard Evens wrote:

Tom Phillips wrote:
One might point out that circles of confusion are those points of
non-critical focus which lie either in front of or behind the film
plane,...
Forum: Large Format Photography Equipment January 19th 07, 05:39 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format,rec.photo.darkroom,rec.photo.film+labs,rec.photo.misc
Replies: 10
Posted By Tom Phillips
Rediscovering colour photography by direct trichromy

Pudentame wrote:

john wrote:
Pudentame wrote:
Christophe wrote:
Pudentame a écrit :

This looks like the technique that Russian guy developed for taking 3
Forum: Film & Labs January 19th 07, 05:39 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format,rec.photo.darkroom,rec.photo.film+labs,rec.photo.misc

Pudentame wrote:

john wrote:
Pudentame wrote:
Christophe wrote:
Pudentame a écrit :

This looks like the technique that Russian guy developed for taking 3
Forum: In The Darkroom January 19th 07, 05:39 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format,rec.photo.darkroom,rec.photo.film+labs,rec.photo.misc

Pudentame wrote:

john wrote:
Pudentame wrote:
Christophe wrote:
Pudentame a écrit :

This looks like the technique that Russian guy developed for taking 3
Forum: Large Format Photography Equipment January 17th 07, 04:47 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
Replies: 6
Posted By Tom Phillips
backpack?

Gregory Blank wrote:

In article ,
Tom Phillips wrote:

Well anyway, I'm just
an old guy with old equipment that still works
and...
Forum: Large Format Photography Equipment January 17th 07, 02:37 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
Replies: 6
Posted By Tom Phillips
backpack?

I just use my vintage 1977 Kelty mountaineering
external frame pack, which carries weight better
than other pack I've ever used. It allows me to
compartmentalize (roomy upper and lower comparments...
Forum: Large Format Photography Equipment January 17th 07, 02:28 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
Replies: 60
Posted By Tom Phillips
Front tilt loses middle

One might point out that circles of confusion are those points of
non-critical focus which lie either in front of or behind the film
plane, i.e., object or image points which are not in critical...
Forum: In The Darkroom January 11th 07, 08:39 AM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 21
Posted By Tom Phillips
Brady would continue ... but ... (yikes)

John wrote:

On Tue, 09 Jan 2007 21:48:37 -0700, Tom Phillips
wrote:

Weston was a better artist, probably less technically proficient than AA.

I agree on...
Forum: Large Format Photography Equipment January 10th 07, 07:43 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
Replies: 60
Posted By Tom Phillips
Front tilt loses middle

Leonard Evens wrote:

Tom Phillips wrote:

The complete paragraph on p. 128-129, 5th edition, which
follows a discussion on hyperfocal distance-based DOF, says:

"The...
Forum: In The Darkroom January 10th 07, 04:59 AM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 21
Posted By Tom Phillips
Brady would continue ... but ... (yikes)

Jean-David Beyer wrote:

Tom Phillips wrote:

Jean-David Beyer wrote:
John wrote:
On Sun, 31 Dec 2006 20:44:39 GMT, Jean-David Beyer
Forum: In The Darkroom January 10th 07, 04:49 AM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 21
Posted By Tom Phillips
Brady would continue ... but ... (yikes)

Gregory Blank wrote:

In article ,
Tom Phillips wrote:

John wrote:

On Sun, 31 Dec 2006 12:11:57 -0600, darkroommike
Forum: In The Darkroom January 10th 07, 04:48 AM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 21
Posted By Tom Phillips
Brady would continue ... but ... (yikes)

John wrote:

On Thu, 04 Jan 2007 18:26:09 -0500, Gregory Blank
wrote:

Weston was a better artist, probably less technically proficient than AA.

I agree on both...
Forum: In The Darkroom January 10th 07, 04:44 AM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 21
Posted By Tom Phillips
Brady would continue ... but ... (yikes)

John wrote:

On Wed, 03 Jan 2007 19:59:34 -0700, Tom Phillips
wrote:

I don't know who Bambi Cantrell is (sounds like a
playmate of the month),

She had a great...
Forum: Large Format Photography Equipment January 4th 07, 09:59 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
Replies: 60
Posted By Tom Phillips
Front tilt loses middle

Leonard Evens wrote:

Tom Phillips wrote:

Leonard Evens wrote:

snipping a bit..

I think perhaps I've found the source of our disagreement. If you look
in Stroebel on pages 150-151,...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 115