Showing results 1 to 25 of 26
Search took 0.05 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: ~~NoMad~~[_2_]
Forum: Digital Photography April 12th 08, 12:28 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 7
Posted By ~~NoMad~~[_2_]
still cameras with HD video?

wrote in message
Hi all. I hope somebody sees this post among all the spam!

A few months ago I...
Forum: Digital Photography March 13th 08, 01:38 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.video.desktop
Replies: 6
Posted By ~~NoMad~~[_2_]
LED flashlight (torch light) as cheap video light

"peter" wrote in message
I got a 67 LED headlamp at http://www.dealextreme.com/ for $9.34. VERY
BRIGHT!

Works good as a video...
Forum: Digital Photography March 11th 08, 04:40 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.video.desktop
Replies: 6
Posted By ~~NoMad~~[_2_]
LED flashlight (torch light) as cheap video light

I got a 67 LED headlamp at http://www.dealextreme.com/ for $9.34. VERY
BRIGHT!

Works good as a video light and synchronizes directly with your brain for
special lighting effects.

NM
Forum: Digital Photography March 7th 08, 04:41 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 19
Posted By ~~NoMad~~[_2_]
Are heavier dSLR cameras better?

Heavier DSLRs make better boat anchors!

NM

"Peter Jason" wrote in message
Physics implies that heavier objects have greater inertia. ...
Forum: Digital Photography February 19th 08, 08:58 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 3
Posted By ~~NoMad~~[_2_]
Large (10"x10") film scanner

Check with your county surveyor's office. They usually have a wide format
scanner. They will usually charge you by the scan.

NM

wrote in message...
Forum: Digital Photography December 18th 07, 03:33 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 43
Posted By ~~NoMad~~[_2_]
Lightning Photography

"Luke Carroll" wrote in message
I am getting a digital SLR (400D) for Christmas and would like to get some
winter...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment December 18th 07, 03:33 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 43
Posted By ~~NoMad~~[_2_]
Lightning Photography

"Luke Carroll" wrote in message
I am getting a digital SLR (400D) for Christmas and would like to get some
winter...
Forum: Digital Photography December 6th 07, 02:24 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 20
Posted By ~~NoMad~~[_2_]
When that new camera arrives at your doorstep...

"Dave" wrote in message
If a camera been out in the cold, you don't want to take it out of the box
for probably at least an hour,...
Forum: Digital Photography November 10th 07, 01:25 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 1
Posted By ~~NoMad~~[_2_]
Ooops-dropped DMC-TZ1 -- Worth trying to fix?

"larrymcg" wrote in message
I dropped my Panasonic DMC-TZ1 camera on concrete and now it makes a
horrible...
Forum: Digital Photography November 5th 07, 02:49 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 4
Posted By ~~NoMad~~[_2_]
Space Race

"Noel Z." wrote in message
On Mon, 5 Nov 2007 06:19:54 -0700, "~~NoMad~~"
wrote:

Space...
Forum: Digital Photography November 5th 07, 02:19 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 4
Posted By ~~NoMad~~[_2_]
Space Race

Space Shuttle undocked from the ISS and they flew information over the
Earth:

http://nomadjpegs.googlepages.com/spacerace

Sorry about my clumsy setup but those space ships flyby real fast.

NM
Forum: Digital Photography November 4th 07, 12:46 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 14
Posted By ~~NoMad~~[_2_]
Eneloop NiMH performance

"Ron Hunter" wrote in message
~~NoMad~~ wrote:
"Dave Cohen" wrote in message
Forum: Digital Photography November 4th 07, 01:03 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 40
Posted By ~~NoMad~~[_2_]
Comet Holmes via Telescope

Here is the comet via a fairly advanced telescope:

http://www.astroimage.info/images/SolarSystem/CometHolmes01Nov07.html

Enjoy!

NM
Forum: Digital Photography November 4th 07, 12:53 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 14
Posted By ~~NoMad~~[_2_]
Eneloop NiMH performance

"Dave Cohen" wrote in message
Thought I would post this:
Purchased set of Eneloop September, 2006, got 650 shots in a Canon...
Forum: Digital Photography November 3rd 07, 04:39 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 40
Posted By ~~NoMad~~[_2_]
Comet Holmes SX100is ??

Questions for the group:

How come the comet isn't smeared with time (rotation of Earth) like the
stars are in my picture?

Does the tail of the comet reach all the way to Earth or something like...
Forum: Digital Photography November 3rd 07, 03:25 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 40
Posted By ~~NoMad~~[_2_]
Comet Holmes SX100is

"Cynicor" wrote in message
~~NoMad~~ wrote:
Here is my picture of the comet from tonight:

Forum: Digital Photography November 3rd 07, 03:58 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 40
Posted By ~~NoMad~~[_2_]
Comet Holmes SX100is

Here is my picture of the comet from tonight:

http://pages.google.com/edit/NoMadJpegs/IMG_1409.JPG/IMG_1409-full;crop:0.36,0.13,0.88,0.88.jpg

NM

"Roger N. Clark (change username to rnclark)"...
Forum: Digital Photography November 2nd 07, 03:20 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 8
Posted By ~~NoMad~~[_2_]
New Camera Review Style

I have not see this camera review site before. They have a different style
than most.

http://www.digitalcamerainfo.com/content/Canon-PowerShot-SX100-IS-Digital-Camera-Review-16125.htm

Better than...
Forum: Digital Photography November 2nd 07, 01:25 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 2
Posted By ~~NoMad~~[_2_]
Canon Digital Camera SDK

Has anybody got one of these and used it?

http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/controller?act=SDKHomePageAct&keycode=Sdk_Lic&fcategoryid=322&modelid=9826&id=3464

NM
Forum: Digital Photography November 2nd 07, 03:09 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 1
Posted By ~~NoMad~~[_2_]
Panasonic Lumix DMC Lz2 lens cover

wrote in message
When I turn my Panasonic Lumix on, the lens expands, but the lens
cover does not retract.

Is...
Forum: Digital Photography October 31st 07, 09:34 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 1
Posted By ~~NoMad~~[_2_]
SX100is Ironwood Amber

Hardened sap from an Ironwood tree lighted by the morning sun:

http://pages.google.com/edit/NoMadJpegs/IMG_1351.JPG/IMG_1351-full;crop:0.17,0.11,0.75,0.86.jpg

Enjoy!

NM
Forum: Digital Photography October 31st 07, 09:22 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 40
Posted By ~~NoMad~~[_2_]
zoom vs reolution

"tim fm ct" wrote in message
Hi,
I'm in the process of replacing my Minolta Dimage Z1 (3.1MP) It takes
very good...
Forum: Digital Photography October 30th 07, 06:27 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 3
Posted By ~~NoMad~~[_2_]
WTF more NASA Photo Problems?

"~~NoMad~~" wrote in message
Again I'm watching real-time NASA TV while they try to photograph the
'good' SARG....
Forum: Digital Photography October 30th 07, 05:50 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 4
Posted By ~~NoMad~~[_2_]
SX100is Cricket Love

"~~NoMad~~" wrote in message

"~~NoMad~~" wrote in message
Forum: Digital Photography October 30th 07, 05:34 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 4
Posted By ~~NoMad~~[_2_]
SX100is Cricket Love

Yet Another way to Share Pictures: