Showing results 1 to 25 of 125
Search took 8.82 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Don Stauffer in Minnesota
Forum: Digital Photography April 13th 08, 05:10 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 4
Ideal characteristic curve for digital printing

On Apr 12, 11:52 am, Marc Wossner wrote:
On 12 Apr., 16:14, Don Stauffer in Minnesota
wrote:

On Apr 12, 5:57 am, Marc Wossner...
Forum: Digital Photography April 12th 08, 03:14 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 4
Ideal characteristic curve for digital printing

On Apr 12, 5:57 am, Marc Wossner wrote:
Dear ng,

the combination of the negative and positive charakteristik curves in
analog photography leads to the well known...
Forum: Other Photographic Equipment April 9th 08, 04:59 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.misc,alt.photography
Replies: 5
Reflector for infrared photography?

On Apr 8, 1:56 pm, jbk wrote:
We have a digital camera that takes IR photos of animals at night when
they come by and trigger a sensor. The camera is IR sensitive and we
Forum: Digital Photography April 9th 08, 04:59 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.misc,alt.photography

On Apr 8, 1:56 pm, jbk wrote:
We have a digital camera that takes IR photos of animals at night when
they come by and trigger a sensor. The camera is IR sensitive and we
Forum: Digital Photography April 9th 08, 04:54 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 30
How to take pictures with a digital camera

On Apr 8, 3:23 pm, "dosferatu" wrote:
I'm old school, heavy SLR's with fast glass. Elbows in and camera against
your face.

I just can't get used to these new cameras...
Forum: Digital Photography April 8th 08, 03:02 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 5
Not wide-angle but still distorts

On Apr 7, 10:43 am, "David Ruether" wrote:
"Charles Packer" wrote in ...
Forum: Digital Photography April 6th 08, 05:09 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 12
Zoom and magnify relation

On Apr 5, 3:21 pm, juky wrote:
Dear all,

I have a mathematical question regarding relation between zoom factor
and magnification. My video camera shows me the current...
Forum: Digital Photography April 4th 08, 03:27 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 4
Report on Yahoo digital photography

On Apr 3, 11:28 pm, John Rethorst wrote:

I'm interested in which group you mean. A search of Yahoo groups for digital
photography turns up "digital_photography" with...
Forum: Digital Photography April 3rd 08, 03:20 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 4
Report on Yahoo digital photography

I joined the Yahoo discussion group on Digital Photography a couple of
weeks ago and promised I'd make a report after using it awhile.

There is no spam. The discussions are generally much the same...
Forum: Digital Photography April 3rd 08, 03:20 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 0
Report on Yahoo digital photography

I joined the Yahoo discussion group on Digital Photography a couple of
weeks ago and promised I'd make a report after using it awhile.

There is no spam. The discussions are generally much the same...
Forum: Digital Photography March 30th 08, 11:59 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 5
Filters

On Mar 30, 3:59 am, "Tass" wrote:
I am buying the Canon 28-135 lens and am looking for a filter to protect it.
I had a friend says do not buy a UV filter as it will darken the...
Forum: Digital Photography March 27th 08, 02:47 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 6
Alternative to rms to eliminate spam

I have checked and there is a Yahoo group "digital photography". I
joined the group but have not recieved any messages yet- do not know
how active it is. I will report after a few days.

I belong to...
Forum: Digital Photography March 27th 08, 02:41 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 12
Dissolve Group

On Mar 26, 10:57 am, wrote:
Why don't we dissolve this Group and form a new one under a different name.
GET RID OF SPAM!
bOB

Because the spammers are spamming ALL...
Forum: Digital Photography March 27th 08, 02:40 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 4
What group should I ask Paint Shop Pro questions in? What Groupfor Photoshop?

On Mar 26, 8:54 pm, David Harmon wrote:
On Wed, 26 Mar 2008 17:09:35 -0400 in rec.photo.digital, Mark F
wrote,

What group should I ask Paint Shop...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras March 26th 08, 04:53 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,alt.atheism
Replies: 26
God warns that 34.8 MP is the end of the digital road

On Mar 25, 5:33 pm, John Locke wrote:
On 25 Mar 2008 22:09:57 -0000, large person
wrote:

Well "God" didn't make the human eye. Its a...
Forum: Digital Photography March 26th 08, 04:53 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,alt.atheism
Replies: 25

wrote:

Well "God" didn't make the human eye. Its a...
Forum: Digital Photography March 22nd 08, 02:57 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 2
Slide recording resolution

On Mar 21, 9:48 pm, "Roy G" wrote:
"Don Stauffer in Minnesota" wrote in...
Forum: Digital Photography March 21st 08, 03:10 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 4
Slide recording resolution

I would like to use a commercial service to record digital images to
transparencies, for use in a stereo viewer. Does anyone know what
typical resolution (PPI) these services record transparency...
Forum: Digital Photography March 21st 08, 03:10 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 2
Slide recording resolution

I would like to use a commercial service to record digital images to
transparencies, for use in a stereo viewer. Does anyone know what
typical resolution (PPI) these services record transparency...
Forum: Digital Photography March 20th 08, 03:02 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 16
Photographing Ultraluminous LED-lit Art Projects

On Mar 19, 11:39 pm, Pooua wrote:
http://web.mit.edu/neltnerb/www/artwork/index.htmlfeatures artwork
illuminated by super-bright LEDs, but the photos do not accurately
reflect...
Forum: Digital Photography March 19th 08, 04:04 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 3
what is broad band??????????

On Mar 19, 6:04 am, wrote:
what is broad band??????????

www.computersandnet.blogspot.com

Anything faster than what your competitor is offering :-)
Forum: Digital Photography March 18th 08, 03:24 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 38
Flood of spam

On Mar 17, 9:32 pm, Spamm Trappe wrote:
On Tue, 18 Mar 2008 01:15:34 GMT, m II wrote:

I've been forwarding all the Chinese ones directly to

Forum: Digital Photography March 18th 08, 03:20 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 70
Mirror lock up

On Mar 17, 3:24 pm, Alfred Molon wrote:
It seems the Sony A350 does not have mirror lock up (don't know why - I
thought all DSLRs had mirror lock up). How important is it...
Forum: Digital Photography March 15th 08, 02:57 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 19
Is there any use for film cameras anymore

On Mar 13, 11:45 pm, Chris W wrote:
Since I will soon have the D300 in hand, the question becomes what do I
do with my Nikon N90s? Is there any application where it is handy...
Forum: Digital Photography March 12th 08, 05:28 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 38
Flood of spam

On Mar 12, 9:54 am, Allodoxaphobia wrote:
On Wed, 12 Mar 2008 15:28:36 +0100, Alfred Molon wrote:
It seems that there currently are more spam posts that normal...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 125