Showing results 1 to 25 of 44
Search took 0.97 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Alan[_8_]
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras August 11th 10, 08:09 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 12
Posted By Alan[_8_]
Nikon 16-35 F4G VR

Thanks Michael. I looked at the pictures again and there really
doesn't seem to be any distortion once I used full screen mode on the
Kodak Gallery. Perhaps because the photographer was tall, and...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras August 10th 10, 10:47 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 12
Posted By Alan[_8_]
Nikon 16-35 F4G VR

This looks like a pretty nice lens that is a must for vacationing in
one of the classical European cities like Paris, Rome, Florence..etc.,
or maybe any city. I went to a birthday party in the top...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras September 30th 09, 11:03 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 2
Posted By Alan[_8_]
Sigma 150-500mm f/5-6.3 AF APO DG OS HSM for D700

Below is a review from Amazon.com the Sigma 150-500mm f/5-6.3 AF
APO DG OS HSM. I was thinking about getting the lens and I noticed no
reviews from anyone but DX owners, until the one below. ...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras September 17th 09, 08:05 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 0
Posted By Alan[_8_]
I joined a photo group

on Long Island and it really is from what I can see after two session
a great bunch of men and women. It's called Island Photo Group
http://www.islandphotogroup.com/ (IPG). What is so interesting...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras August 26th 09, 08:57 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 591
Posted By Alan[_8_]
Snapshots of Afghanistan - August 2009

Wow, Kulvinder, beautiful pictures. There were so many favorites I
didn't see all of them yet but so far the two I liked the best, wished
I had taken, were the Chinese Junk in the Hong Kong Harbor...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras August 25th 09, 07:29 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 17
Posted By Alan[_8_]
Capture NX

Can you use Capture NX with a D700 .NEF file, when you have the
Capture NX2 trial on the same computer? I tried and I get a message
saying that it cannot load the file but I can still load .NEF...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras August 11th 09, 10:01 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 3
Posted By Alan[_8_]
Questions about Capture NX2

I started playing with the trial version of Capture NX2 and I see why
everyone is saying it can be very quick and can give life to a picture
that needs life rather easily, with the picture control...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras August 9th 09, 10:22 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 3
Posted By Alan[_8_]
No more buyers remorse

Hi Marcel,

We have to do the Sacre Coeur and Versailles on our next trip, along
with dancing at the Quai St. Bernard, going to the Opera Garnier,
walking along the left bank and looking at all the...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras August 6th 09, 03:04 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 12
Posted By Alan[_8_]
Upgrade from D200 to D700?

On Mon, 27 Jul 2009 08:18:30 -0800, (Floyd L.
Davidson) wrote:

Keep the D200 *and* buy a D700. The eat a cheaper brand
of beans for a few months to pay for it. You'll not
just...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras August 6th 09, 02:35 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 3
Posted By Alan[_8_]
No more buyers remorse

I bought the D700 31 days ago and I have not returned it...even with
rumors about a 24 mpx version of the camera. It took an incredible
camera to cure me of my buyer's remorse. I do feel 24mpx is...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras July 15th 09, 09:10 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 10
Posted By Alan[_8_]
CF Cards

I have three propane tanks for the bbq so I figured it's good to have
one battery that's always fully charged. I was near Cameta Camera
today, so for $38.95 that's one less thing to worry about. ...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras July 7th 09, 03:49 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 29
Posted By Alan[_8_]
Question For the new D700 Owner

I like the feel of the camera and the focusing is so quick. Shoting
at high ISO is great. It is one hell of a camera. Here are my
questions:

1. Do I get the Nikon extended warranty for 2 years? ...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras June 30th 09, 03:04 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 79
Posted By Alan[_8_]
I just ordered the D700

I am shocked that I did this. Paul Furman suggested it and at first I
paid no attention. Then I started hearing about all my FX lenses and
all the museums in Paris that don't allow flashes and the...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras June 22nd 09, 04:15 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 28
Posted By Alan[_8_]
|AX| Going to Paris in the middle of July

Paul,

You know it really isn't such a bad idea to get the D700. It matches
well with the F5 and happily I have no DX lenses. You can get it for
about $2,350 now (I think there is a $300 rebate...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras June 22nd 09, 03:28 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 0
Posted By Alan[_8_]
AT&T Usenet Netnews Service Shutting Down

For us old timers, newsgroups were the Internet before the WWW.
There's no other place like it on the web without having to go through
so much garbage. Where else can you ask a question in the...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras June 22nd 09, 03:20 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 13
Posted By Alan[_8_]
Kodachrome is being phased out

According to www.Electronista.com , today:

"Kodak To Retire Kodachrome Film

Kodak this morning said it would soon phase out its longstanding
Kodachrome film, putting an end to a significant era of...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras June 16th 09, 06:09 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 28
Posted By Alan[_8_]
Going to Paris in the middle of July

My wife is a teacher and the summer or the winter is it. However,
after she retires in a few years we'll have much more time for travel.

We were going to stay at the Marriot on the Champs Elysees...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras June 16th 09, 06:00 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 28
Posted By Alan[_8_]
Going to Paris in the middle of July

Matt,

Interesting. I went to take pictures at the American Academy of
Orchids in Delray/Boca. I did ok with the 70-300 and the Tamron 90
(the Tokina was in the shop being fixed) but I saw a guy...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras June 16th 09, 05:55 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 28
Posted By Alan[_8_]
Going to Paris in the middle of July

Marcel,

Marcel,

I've never been to Paris and I appreciate what you said, especially
about inside photographs. Candids would be great and if I were still
young and single, that's what I would love...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras June 16th 09, 05:39 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 28
Posted By Alan[_8_]
Going to Paris in the middle of July

Paul,

The Tokina is actually my best lens. It's an:

AP28-70mmf2.6-2.8 ATX 270AF Pro II. It cost me $509 in 1998 at B&H
But the 28 is not so great for wide angle unless you have a full
frame.

Alan
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras June 16th 09, 04:51 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 28
Posted By Alan[_8_]
Going to Paris in the middle of July

I never said the SONY's were great meaning the A900. I said that the
mpx and full frame is something that is great and also, I figured that
if the VR is in the camera, it would mean cheaper lenses...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras June 13th 09, 07:59 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 28
Posted By Alan[_8_]
Going to Paris in the middle of July

I just saw David's video and that is pretty good for non production
video. How does the D5000 compare with the D90, which came out
earlier. I only wonder how the D5000 would do with my older...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras June 13th 09, 06:31 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 28
Posted By Alan[_8_]
Going to Paris in the middle of July

I am going to Paris and I am at a point where I need to make a
permanent decision about a camera. I have a Nikon F5 and an awful
Kodak 8 mpx camera that I can't stand. My options are a Canon...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras September 11th 08, 07:11 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 10
Posted By Alan[_8_]
Ha ha! Told you! New Sony = $3000!

David, the sample pictures told me that whatever their method of
stabilization is, it might not be that good. I don't think the
pictures in the samples knocked me off my chair. Surely those...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras April 7th 08, 11:03 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 6
Posted By Alan[_8_]
D300 handheld: 1/10 sec !

On Mon, 7 Apr 2008 19:56:59 +0100, "Focus" wrote:

http://atlantic-diesel.com/Market.jpg

Terrific but what kind of lens? Are you using a VR lens. I went to
the American Academy of...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 44