Showing results 1 to 25 of 32
Search took 0.14 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Bill
Forum: General Equipment For Sale February 18th 07, 09:23 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers,comp.periphs.scanners,misc.consumers,rec.photo.marketplace
Replies: 39
Posted By Bill
Screwed by Canon Rebate

measekite wrote:
TJ wrote:

I've had a flatbed scanner for years, too - at least five. Bought it
online from Office Max for $20 - after rebate. Got free shipping, too.
And I *did* get...
Forum: Digital Photography February 18th 07, 03:20 AM Posted to misc.consumers,soc.culture.jewish,nyc.general,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 61
Posted By Bill
Orthodox Jews Selling Consumer Electronics

Peter A. Stavrakoglou wrote:
"jerryl" wrote in message
The Wiz was originally owned by a fellow by the name of...
Forum: General Equipment For Sale January 11th 07, 03:07 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,comp.periphs.scanners,misc.consumers,rec.photo.marketplace,alt.home.repair
Replies: 61
Posted By Bill
Screwed by Canon Rebate

Matt Clara wrote:

You guys can think what you'd like, obviously, but I'm quite sure I missed
nothing. You may be able to interpret what he's saying as you do, but it's
not crystal clear...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras January 11th 07, 03:07 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,comp.periphs.scanners,misc.consumers,rec.photo.marketplace,alt.home.repair
Replies: 61
Posted By Bill
Screwed by Canon Rebate

Matt Clara wrote:

You guys can think what you'd like, obviously, but I'm quite sure I missed
nothing. You may be able to interpret what he's saying as you do, but it's
not crystal clear...
Forum: General Equipment For Sale January 11th 07, 12:46 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,comp.periphs.scanners,misc.consumers,rec.photo.marketplace,alt.home.repair
Replies: 61
Posted By Bill
Screwed by Canon Rebate

Pop` wrote:

It's dumb to buy ANY product with a rebate attached if you expect to be able
to use it. Rebates are a marketing tactic that makes money on the confusing
directions and...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras January 11th 07, 12:46 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,comp.periphs.scanners,misc.consumers,rec.photo.marketplace,alt.home.repair
Replies: 61
Posted By Bill
Screwed by Canon Rebate

Pop` wrote:

It's dumb to buy ANY product with a rebate attached if you expect to be able
to use it. Rebates are a marketing tactic that makes money on the confusing
directions and...
Forum: General Equipment For Sale January 11th 07, 12:40 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,comp.periphs.scanners,misc.consumers,rec.photo.marketplace,alt.home.repair
Replies: 61
Posted By Bill
Screwed by Canon Rebate

Michael Black wrote:

"Matt Clara" ) writes:

Yes it did, it also said: "Since they want "an original" qualifying UPC", my
copy won't suffice."

So first he...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras January 11th 07, 12:40 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,comp.periphs.scanners,misc.consumers,rec.photo.marketplace,alt.home.repair
Replies: 61
Posted By Bill
Screwed by Canon Rebate

Michael Black wrote:

"Matt Clara" ) writes:

Yes it did, it also said: "Since they want "an original" qualifying UPC", my
copy won't suffice."

So first he...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras January 8th 07, 02:39 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,comp.periphs.scanners,misc.consumers,rec.photo.marketplace,alt.home.repair
Replies: 61
Posted By Bill
Screwed by Canon Rebate

Matt Clara wrote:

"clifto" wrote in message

I don't have to go back to the OP's article to know that he expressly
said he...
Forum: General Equipment For Sale January 8th 07, 02:39 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,comp.periphs.scanners,misc.consumers,rec.photo.marketplace,alt.home.repair
Replies: 61
Posted By Bill
Screwed by Canon Rebate

Matt Clara wrote:

"clifto" wrote in message

I don't have to go back to the OP's article to know that he expressly
said he...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras January 4th 07, 05:06 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,misc.consumers
Replies: 22
Posted By Bill
Screwed by Canon Rebate

Greg wrote:

On Wed, 03 Jan 2007 07:31:37 -0800, Scott en Aztlán
wrote:

Arthur Entlich said in misc.consumers:
Often, when one...
Forum: General Equipment For Sale December 31st 06, 10:55 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers,comp.periphs.scanners,misc.consumers,rec.photo.marketplace,alt.home.repair
Replies: 14
Posted By Bill
Screwed by Canon Rebate

M Berger wrote:

I think you jumped into the middle here. We were talking
about CREDIT CARD companies making it difficult to opt out
of mailings. We were not talking about rebate...
Forum: General Equipment For Sale December 31st 06, 04:24 AM Posted to comp.periphs.printers,comp.periphs.scanners,misc.consumers,rec.photo.marketplace,alt.home.repair
Replies: 14
Posted By Bill
Screwed by Canon Rebate

Frank wrote:

Bill wrote:

M Berger wrote:

As you know, they use the information for sales solicitations so they
can make more money. See #1 above. Of course they don't want...
Forum: General Equipment For Sale December 31st 06, 01:54 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,comp.periphs.scanners,misc.consumers,rec.photo.marketplace,alt.home.repair
Replies: 61
Posted By Bill
Screwed by Canon Rebate

HeyBub wrote:

It's generally not a wise to guess about what I'm thinking. Inasmuch as it's
against federal law to send invoices by Standard Mail (look at your
telephone bill's envelope), one...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras December 31st 06, 01:54 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,comp.periphs.scanners,misc.consumers,rec.photo.marketplace,alt.home.repair
Replies: 61
Posted By Bill
Screwed by Canon Rebate

HeyBub wrote:

It's generally not a wise to guess about what I'm thinking. Inasmuch as it's
against federal law to send invoices by Standard Mail (look at your
telephone bill's envelope), one...
Forum: General Equipment For Sale December 31st 06, 01:52 AM Posted to comp.periphs.printers,comp.periphs.scanners,misc.consumers,rec.photo.marketplace,alt.home.repair
Replies: 14
Posted By Bill
Screwed by Canon Rebate

M Berger wrote:

As you know, they use the information for sales solicitations so they
can make more money. See #1 above. Of course they don't want to make
it easy for you to keep them from...
Forum: General Equipment For Sale December 31st 06, 01:51 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,comp.periphs.scanners,misc.consumers,rec.photo.marketplace,alt.home.repair
Replies: 61
Posted By Bill
Screwed by Canon Rebate

Jim McLaughlin wrote:

Zinging Fry's and its various manufacturers is lots of fun. I just
fiished, in early December, with Frys and Kingston Memoy on a thumb
drive, which Kingston laimed...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras December 31st 06, 01:51 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,comp.periphs.scanners,misc.consumers,rec.photo.marketplace,alt.home.repair
Replies: 61
Posted By Bill
Screwed by Canon Rebate

Jim McLaughlin wrote:

Zinging Fry's and its various manufacturers is lots of fun. I just
fiished, in early December, with Frys and Kingston Memoy on a thumb
drive, which Kingston laimed...
Forum: General Equipment For Sale December 30th 06, 12:51 AM Posted to comp.periphs.printers,comp.periphs.scanners,misc.consumers,rec.photo.marketplace,alt.home.repair
Replies: 14
Posted By Bill
Screwed by Canon Rebate

Buck Turgidson wrote:

Reading this thread raised my blood pressure. I have always suspected
rebates were a scam, and our Federal agencies don't seem to have much
interest in protecting...
Forum: General Equipment For Sale December 30th 06, 12:42 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,comp.periphs.scanners,misc.consumers,rec.photo.marketplace,alt.home.repair
Replies: 61
Posted By Bill
Screwed by Canon Rebate

HeyBub wrote:

I got a rebate check sometime back. It came in a nondescript envelope via
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras December 30th 06, 12:42 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,comp.periphs.scanners,misc.consumers,rec.photo.marketplace,alt.home.repair
Replies: 61
Posted By Bill
Screwed by Canon Rebate

HeyBub wrote:

I got a rebate check sometime back. It came in a nondescript envelope via
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras December 30th 06, 12:37 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.dcameras.canon,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,comp.periphs.printers,comp.periphs.scanners,misc.consumers
Replies: 22
Posted By Bill
Screwed by Canon Rebate

Bill wrote:

He could also file a BBB complaint against Canon.

Don't bother with BBB....
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras December 30th 06, 12:30 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.dcameras.canon,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,comp.periphs.printers,comp.periphs.scanners,misc.consumers
Replies: 22
Posted By Bill
Screwed by Canon Rebate

John wrote:
He said that the rebate would be sent out in a few weeks.

Which leads me to ponder another mystery. In the age of the Internet
and fast computers, why would it take weeks to...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras December 30th 06, 12:27 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,misc.consumers,rec.photo.marketplace
Replies: 1
Posted By Bill
Screwed by Canon Rebate

-hh wrote:

And just to re-archive the meat of their sales pitch:

[QUOTE]

"...TCA Fulfillment stands behind these rates. If you are using another
fulfillment company, add 20% to these...
Forum: General Equipment For Sale December 30th 06, 12:27 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,misc.consumers,rec.photo.marketplace
Replies: 1
Posted By Bill
Screwed by Canon Rebate