Showing results 1 to 17 of 17
Search took 0.01 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Troy Piggins[_32_]
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment November 30th 09, 08:17 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,aus.photo
Replies: 22
Posted By Troy Piggins[_32_]
(50 f/1.2L and 85 f/1.8) vs (50 f/1.4 and 85 f/1.2L)

I'm rethinking my current lens lineup. Again. While I've been
happy with my 17-55 as a walkaround, it's always bothered me
about the overlap with my 10-22 and then a big gap to the
100-400. No way...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras November 30th 09, 08:17 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,aus.photo
Replies: 28
Posted By Troy Piggins[_32_]
(50 f/1.2L and 85 f/1.8) vs (50 f/1.4 and 85 f/1.2L)

I'm rethinking my current lens lineup. Again. While I've been
happy with my 17-55 as a walkaround, it's always bothered me
about the overlap with my 10-22 and then a big gap to the
100-400. No way...
Forum: Digital Photography November 28th 09, 08:22 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 4
Posted By Troy Piggins[_32_]
Lense Compatability Questions

* Ofnuts wrote :
Ray Fischer wrote:
[---=| Quote block shrinked by t-prot: 10 lines snipped |=---]

Is this *fully* compatible with the 10D?

No. Any lens designated EF-S will not...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras November 20th 09, 07:41 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital,aus.photo
Replies: 27
Posted By Troy Piggins[_32_]
[review] "The Adobe Photoshop CS4 Book for DigitalPhotographers" by Scott Kelby

* Russell D. wrote :
On 11/18/2009 08:47 PM, Troy Piggins wrote:
After a little deliberation,

snip good stuff

Are you bagging GIMP?

IMWTK,
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras November 20th 09, 05:59 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital,aus.photo
Replies: 27
Posted By Troy Piggins[_32_]
"The Adobe Photoshop CS4 Book for Digital Photographers" byScott Kelby

* Atheist Chaplain wrote :
"Troy Piggins" wrote in message
[---=| Quote block shrinked by t-prot: 9 lines snipped |=---]
LOL...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras November 20th 09, 03:40 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital,aus.photo
Replies: 27
Posted By Troy Piggins[_32_]
"The Adobe Photoshop CS4 Book for Digital Photographers" byScott Kelby

* Noons wrote :
On Nov 20, 10:56Â*am, "Atheist Chaplain" wrote:

Douggie ??

Mate: not everyone posting from an unidentified address is Douggie.
In fact, he is usually...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras November 19th 09, 06:33 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital,aus.photo
Replies: 27
Posted By Troy Piggins[_32_]
[review] "The Adobe Photoshop CS4 Book for DigitalPhotographers" by Scott Kelby

* Better Info wrote :
On Thu, 19 Nov 2009 01:08:45 -0500, tony cooper
wrote:

Better Info

I have no need to try to pawn off bad...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras November 19th 09, 06:03 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital,aus.photo
Replies: 27
Posted By Troy Piggins[_32_]
[review] "The Adobe Photoshop CS4 Book for DigitalPhotographers" by Scott Kelby

* Better Info wrote :
On Thu, 19 Nov 2009 13:47:54 +1000, Troy Piggins
wrote:

[---=| Quote block shrinked by t-prot: 69 lines snipped |=---]
either obvious or wasted...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras November 19th 09, 03:47 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital,aus.photo
Replies: 27
Posted By Troy Piggins[_32_]
[review] "The Adobe Photoshop CS4 Book for Digital Photographers"by Scott Kelby

After a little deliberation, reading reviews, trawling a few
forums, I decided so splurge and buy a couple of books. I love
reading novels, but for some reason for technical information
I've always...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras November 10th 09, 09:41 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,aus.photo
Replies: 10
Posted By Troy Piggins[_32_]
[photo] first serious macro session of the year

* Noons wrote :
Troy Piggins wrote,on my timestamp of 10/11/2009 9:04 AM:

This is one of my "catches of the day" I think.

Forum: Digital SLR Cameras November 10th 09, 01:52 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,aus.photo
Replies: 10
Posted By Troy Piggins[_32_]
[photo] first serious macro session of the year

* Alan Browne wrote :
Troy Piggins wrote:
Met up with some other local Brisbane macro enthusiasts on
Sunday. First time out for me in a while, and thoroughly enjoyed
it. Learned quite a...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment November 10th 09, 12:56 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 1
Posted By Troy Piggins[_32_]
FAB 5D2 DOES INFRARED!

* Annika1980 wrote :
On Nov 9, 5:15Â*pm, Troy Piggins wrote:

How come most of the IR images I've seen posted have really blue
skies, the clouds come out fluffy...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras November 10th 09, 12:42 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,aus.photo

* Russell D. wrote :
Troy Piggins wrote:
Met up with some other local Brisbane macro enthusiasts on
Sunday. First time out for me in a while, and thoroughly enjoyed
it. Learned quite a...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras November 10th 09, 12:41 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,aus.photo
Replies: 10
Posted By Troy Piggins[_32_]
[photo] first serious macro session of the year

* Polly the Parrot wrote :
On Tue, 10 Nov 2009 08:04:42 +1000, Troy Piggins
wrote:

Met up with some other local Brisbane macro enthusiasts on
Sunday. First time out...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment November 9th 09, 10:15 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 1
Posted By Troy Piggins[_32_]
FAB 5D2 DOES INFRARED!

* Annika1980 wrote :
Used an infrared filter and a 20 sec. exposure for this one.
http://bretdouglas.smugmug.com/Photos/2009/20090403/707424785_hb9aU-O.jpg

Shorter exposure he
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras November 9th 09, 10:04 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,aus.photo
Replies: 10
Posted By Troy Piggins[_32_]
[photo] first serious macro session of the year

Met up with some other local Brisbane macro enthusiasts on
Sunday. First time out for me in a while, and thoroughly enjoyed
it. Learned quite a bit by just watching how some other guys do
things...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras November 4th 09, 07:02 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 0
Posted By Troy Piggins[_32_]
Who knows what they paid Apple to switch?

* RichA wrote :
snip /

Did you really mean to post this to
rec.photo.digital.slr-systems?