Posted By clw
Dpreview doesn't care where they get ad dollars from, do they?

Savageduck wrote:

On 2011-01-27 14:10:22 -0800, RichA said:

There is a...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras January 19th 11, 09:10 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 12
Posted By clw
Will silver at $30/oz kill film?

On 2011-01-19 05:40:26 -0800, Whisky-dave said:

On...
Forum: Digital Photography December 17th 10, 11:44 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 1
Posted By clw
Compact digital camera

My wife hates dragging around a DSLR and wants a pocket size camera.

I have considered a Nikon Coolpix S 8100. Anyone have any thoughts about
this or a similarly priced and capable camera?

TIA
--...
Forum: Digital Photography November 24th 10, 06:34 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 0
Posted By clw
HDRtist

Anyone familiar with this application?

TIA
Forum: Digital Photography November 19th 10, 01:25 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 4
Posted By clw
You'll never see this on "God fearin' Dpreview

In article ,
peter wrote:

Yet in the summer of 1948 Einstein stated in substance, that the
probability of the...
Forum: Digital Photography October 15th 10, 05:55 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 4
Posted By clw
Single shot from video

I need to extract several single photos from a video. I have the video
on DVD and in iMovie. I also have PS Elements 8 and Graphic convertor.

Can anyone help with either directions or a web site...
Forum: Digital Photography June 25th 10, 03:52 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 3
Posted By clw
Is this the forum

to enquire with questions about Apple's iMovie and iDVD and Roxio's
Toast 10? If not,could someone point me in the right direction please.

TIA
Forum: Digital Photography June 8th 10, 01:55 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 41
Posted By clw
How to get dust off film for scanning.

In article ,
rwalker wrote:

On Mon, 7 Jun 2010 09:15:36 -0700, Savageduck
wrote:

On...
Forum: Digital Photography May 29th 10, 04:09 PM Posted to alt.comp.freeware,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Replies: 35
Posted By clw
Freeware to trun photo subjects around

In article ,
hummingbird wrote:

On Sat, 29 May 2010 02:36:32 -0700, Bob Williams wrote :
hummingbird wrote:
I want...
Forum: Digital Photography May 13th 10, 12:55 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 24
Posted By clw
Why the Nikon Coolscan V ED is so expensive event on vintage market ?

In article ,
"J. Clarke" wrote:

On 5/12/2010 5:14 PM, nospam wrote:
In , Gary...
Forum: Digital Photography April 24th 10, 07:57 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 6
Posted By clw
What is sad about today

In article ,
(Ray Fischer) wrote:

Rich wrote:
(Ray Fischer) wrote:
Rich...
Forum: Digital Photography April 4th 10, 10:33 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 14
Posted By clw
DVD Ripping Software or Mac

I am using a new iMac (duo Intel processor) running OS 10.6.2.

Does anyone here have any experience using software that allows one to
duplicate DVD's?

What do you prefer?

TIA
Forum: Digital Photography March 16th 10, 12:26 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 5
Posted By clw
Photos in PDF format

I have received a group of photos with captions in PDF format. Is there
any way to extract this material as JPEG?

I have PSE 8, Adobe Bridge, Picassa and Graphic convertor 5.9.

TIA

Charles
Forum: Digital Photography February 5th 10, 01:19 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 29
Posted By clw
Apple corp. not done fleecing the sheep

In article ,
"Charles" wrote:

"Ray Fischer" wrote in message
Forum: Digital Photography January 10th 10, 12:07 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo,alt.design.graphics
Replies: 2
Posted By clw
Ocean County, New Jersey Attorney Charles Novins Fights Reputation Thieves

In article ,
"Gary Turnbull" wrote:

"Anonymous" wrote in message
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras January 10th 10, 12:06 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 13
Posted By clw
HDR. The horror continues

In article ,
tony cooper wrote:

On Sat, 09 Jan 2010 14:25:15 -0800, Paul Furman

Forum: Digital SLR Cameras January 10th 10, 12:04 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 13
Posted By clw
HDR. The horror continues

In article ,
Robert Coe wrote:

On Fri, 8 Jan 2010 01:45:07 +0800, "corks"
:
: god you're an...
Forum: Digital Photography December 24th 09, 05:11 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 18
Posted By clw
Palm Springs, CA area

In article ,
"David Ruether" wrote:

Only thing worth mentioning north of P.S is Death Valley, and it's
loooong drive.

Not true. ...
Forum: Digital Photography December 18th 09, 03:37 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 12
Posted By clw
DSL video capability

Anyone here use a DSL cameras video function?

Is it any good or should I just get a separate video camera?
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras December 15th 09, 04:42 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital,aus.photo
Replies: 27
Posted By clw
[review] "The Adobe Photoshop CS4 Book for Digital Photographers" by Scott Kelby

I bought two of Kelby's books early in my digital photo screwing around
career.

They rapidly become insufferable due to his cutsy crap. About as bad as
some of those "idiot's" books.

did find...
Forum: Digital Photography December 15th 09, 04:39 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 5
Posted By clw
Digital Camera Question

In article , ray
wrote:

On Tue, 15 Dec 2009 10:08:38 -0500, Nina L. wrote:

I have a web Plus, I'd ike to buy a digital camera....
Forum: Digital Photography November 30th 09, 10:03 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 4
Posted By clw
Picture Frames and Thumb drives

In article ,
Bob Williams wrote:

clw wrote:
Do any of the available picture frame gizmo's read their content
directly from a...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 34