Replies: 9
Posted By Petri Lopia
Canon 40D... sharp?

On 2007-10-09, Peter wrote:
Reading 40D reviews the one common praise is 'much sharper than my
20D/350D/400D!'

Is it really that big of a difference?

I'm 90% sure...
Forum: Digital Photography October 12th 07, 07:56 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital,uk.rec.photo.misc,alt.photography
Replies: 47
Posted By Petri Lopia
Experiment with HDR Photography

On 2007-10-06, wrote:
I used the Photomatix trial software from HDR soft, and quite happy
with the results. Now, I am planning to buy the software.

Before...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras July 12th 07, 07:23 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 15
Posted By Petri Lopia
Yet another Photo for today

On 2007-05-24, Ryadiia wrote:
The power of the sea never fails to impress me.
Add the beauty of Australia's East coast and the result is incredible.
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment July 12th 07, 07:23 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 17
Posted By Petri Lopia
Yet another Photo for today

On 2007-05-24, Ryadiia wrote:
The power of the sea never fails to impress me.
Add the beauty of Australia's East coast and the result is incredible.
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras April 1st 07, 10:56 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 16
Posted By Petri Lopia
shoot the moon

On Mar 31, 12:34 pm, Petri Lopia
On 2007-03-31, Gerry wrote:

Forum: Digital SLR Cameras March 31st 07, 06:34 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 16
Posted By Petri Lopia
shoot the moon

On 2007-03-31, Gerry wrote:
the manual to my d100 sez not to shoot the sun..

but it's safe to shoot the moon? since it's reflective..

i wanna use my f2.8 180mm

It's...
Forum: Other Photographic Equipment March 25th 07, 11:49 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.misc
Replies: 3
Posted By Petri Lopia
shooting in rain protection?

On 2007-02-16, peter wrote:
When shooting houses and buildings in the rain, what is the best way to
protect the camera and the photographer?

One thing I can think of is a...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras March 24th 07, 06:55 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 14
Posted By Petri Lopia
Website

On 2007-03-16, Bruce wrote:
Rather than emailing the same photos to individual friends I want to put my
bird photos on a website so they can view them. It is not...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras March 24th 07, 06:50 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 7
Posted By Petri Lopia
moon last night

On 2007-02-24, Paul Furman wrote:
Nothing extraordinary, just a clean sky from recent rains & playing with
my new remote...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras March 24th 07, 06:44 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 17
Posted By Petri Lopia
Canon TC-80N3 (intervalometer) conversion successful!

On 2007-03-16, Ken Lucke wrote:
I've assembled the resulting 42 images into an appx 1 minute quicktime
movie (the larger version is ~70 MB, so don't try it on a dialup
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras March 24th 07, 06:42 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 8
Posted By Petri Lopia
Canon EOS DSLR fansite

On 2007-03-08, Tony Polson wrote:
"Hiro" wrote:

I'm new to this group and just got my Canon Digital Rebel XTi and I
love...LOVE it. I looked all...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras March 24th 07, 06:40 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 4
Posted By Petri Lopia
Cameras and its reviews.

On 2007-02-07, shawn wrote:
http://lameassspammer.blogspot.com

I haven't seen any...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras February 23rd 07, 09:06 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 4
Posted By Petri Lopia
Cameras and its reviews.

On 2007-02-07, shawn wrote:
http://latest-cameras-review.blogspot.com

I haven't seen any good stuff on website what URL ends blogspot.com.
Your site wasn't...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras February 23rd 07, 09:04 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 64
Posted By Petri Lopia
Bird Photography Lens

On 2007-01-30, Doug Payne wrote:
On 30/01/2007 2:39 PM,...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras February 5th 07, 12:19 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 64
Posted By Petri Lopia
Bird Photography Lens

On 2007-01-30, Doug Payne wrote:
On 30/01/2007 2:39 PM, wrote:

The
secret is that you wait for the birds to come to you, not the other
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras January 28th 07, 07:18 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 8
Posted By Petri Lopia
What do you think about HDR?

On 2007-01-23, Phil, Non-Squid wrote:
What's everyone's thoughts about HDR?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_dynamic_range_imaging

I have tried to do some HDR...
Forum: Digital Photography November 21st 06, 07:57 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital,uk.local.southwest
Replies: 8
Posted By Petri Lopia
Photo

On 2006-11-11, Just Another Digital Fan wrote:
This one is called "What Is The Point"

http://members.aol.com/dcjtee/photo.jpg

That's nice "black & white" photo =)...
Forum: Digital Photography November 21st 06, 07:56 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 4
Posted By Petri Lopia
New galleries online

On 2006-11-20, Emagix wrote:
I've just put a couple of galleries online: http://www.pbase.com/emagix

Your comments will be appreciated.

Some nice photos but I think that...
Forum: Digital Photography November 21st 06, 07:53 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 18
Posted By Petri Lopia
Is Wi-Fi good?

On 2006-11-16, wrote:
I am just about to purchase a new camera. For a few dollars more I can get
WiFi with the camera Nikon P3.
Knowing...
Forum: Digital Photography November 21st 06, 07:52 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 5
Posted By Petri Lopia
image stablizer - optical

On 2006-11-13, hfs2 wrote:
What is that? Sounds like trouble. 101?

It's everything else than trouble.
I have 3 image stabilizer (optical) lenses and I could not
even think those...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras November 8th 06, 09:37 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 39
Posted By Petri Lopia
shooting the moon

On 2006-10-31, scenic_man wrote:
When I push the button partway down,
the auto-focus goes in and out,
and then I push the button down the rest of the way,
and...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras November 8th 06, 09:34 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 73
Posted By Petri Lopia
Moon Photography Tips?

On 2006-10-07, Blah wrote:
I'm trying to take pix of the moon using: A Rebel XT w/ a Sigma 70-300mm DG
lens any tips? Other than buying a real lens? tx blah

Don't take photos...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras November 8th 06, 09:29 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 6
Posted By Petri Lopia
20D remote release - what do I need?

On 2006-10-29, Derek Fountain wrote:
I want to buy a remote shutter release for my 20D, preferably a wireless
one of some sort. Googling around left me somewhat...
Forum: Digital Photography September 21st 06, 11:17 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 7
Posted By Petri Lopia
Baby portrait

On 2006-09-20, wrote:
Positive and neg....constructive feedback equally appreciated:

http://www.pbase.com/image/67224954

Nice one =) I like thos colours...
Forum: Digital Photography September 18th 06, 07:01 AM Posted to rec.travel.air,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 3
Posted By Petri Lopia
Air travel with pro photo gear?

On 2006-09-17, Bill Hilton wrote:
Except for the ban on liquids etc nothing has changed for most airlines
except for flights to/from Heathrow.

That's so nice to hear. I'm...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 34