Showing results 1 to 25 of 96
Search took 0.21 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Alan Meyer
Forum: Digital Photography August 2nd 13, 10:00 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 13
Posted By Alan Meyer
Medium format or D800E?

On 08/02/2013 12:35 PM, Sandman wrote:
http://www.dpreview.com/products/compare/side-by-side?products=nikon_d80
0e&products=pentax_645d

So, I'm looking mainly at the Pentax 645D and...
Forum: Digital Photography April 29th 13, 04:54 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 26
Posted By Alan Meyer
Steady hold for a P&S

On 04/28/2013 06:46 AM, Chris Malcolm wrote:

I've read quite a few recent reports of airport security in some
European airports to some destinations X-raying a travel tripod or
monopod in the...
Forum: Digital Photography April 23rd 13, 02:48 AM Posted to alt.comp.freeware,rec.photo.digital,alt.graphics.photoshop
Replies: 334
Posted By Alan Meyer
Does any other program (windows or linux) do screenshot annotationefficiently?

On 04/21/2013 02:20 PM, Jennifer Murphy wrote:
It seems to me that you have spent an enormous amount of time testing
"free" software, without, apparently, any regard to the cost of your
Forum: Digital Photography April 22nd 13, 11:51 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 26
Posted By Alan Meyer
Steady hold for a P&S

On 04/19/2013 10:20 PM, Savageduck wrote:
A non-tripod solution which can help steady a camera, is to attach a
length of cord or strap to an appropriately sized bolt or tripod mount
to...
Forum: Digital Photography April 22nd 13, 11:34 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 26
Posted By Alan Meyer
Steady hold for a P&S

On 04/19/2013 06:00 PM, Mort wrote:

If you are shooting a still object, then try setting the selftimer for
ca. 10 seconds. Then you can steady the camera with 2 hands without any
shake due to...
Forum: Digital Photography April 20th 13, 02:10 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 26
Posted By Alan Meyer
Steady hold for a P&S

On 04/19/2013 04:52 PM, Alan Browne wrote:

It's a myth that weight dampens vibrations for hand holding. Weight
means your muscles have to work more. And the more you have to hold the
Forum: Digital Photography April 20th 13, 01:54 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 26
Posted By Alan Meyer
Steady hold for a P&S

On 04/19/2013 04:11 PM, Irwell wrote:

I use an upward pressing with the left hand and a downward
press with right hand on the shutter, seem to have very little
camera shake this way.

That's...
Forum: Digital Photography April 19th 13, 08:19 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 26
Posted By Alan Meyer
Steady hold for a P&S

I've got one of those very small P&S "travel zoom" cameras (Panasonic
ZS-9) with up to 16:1 optical zoom. The big challenge in getting sharp
photos with high zoom is holding the camera steady. It...
Forum: Digital Photography December 28th 11, 07:28 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 10
Posted By Alan Meyer
Pop-up flash

On 12/04/2011 03:38 AM, default wrote:
On Wed, 30 Nov 2011 15:00:21 -0500, Alan Meyer wrote:

I wonder if those of you who have had point and shoot cameras with
pop-up flash units like...
Forum: Digital Photography December 1st 11, 04:48 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 10
Posted By Alan Meyer
Pop-up flash

On 11/30/2011 05:26 PM, David Dyer-Bennet wrote:
Alan writes:

I wonder if those of you who have had point and shoot cameras with
pop-up flash units like them.
Forum: Digital Photography November 30th 11, 08:00 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 10
Posted By Alan Meyer
Pop-up flash

I wonder if those of you who have had point and shoot cameras with
pop-up flash units like them.

I've never had one, but I've always imagined that a pop-up flash would
be a nuisance and a possible...
Forum: Digital Photography November 4th 09, 11:18 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 0
Posted By Alan Meyer
Airbus A320-214

Peppe wrote:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/giuseppeb/4063932648/

Your feedback and comments are greatly appreciated.

Very dramatic. I liked it a lot.

Alan
Forum: Digital Photography November 4th 09, 11:16 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 0
Posted By Alan Meyer
Techniques for B&W conversion

eNo wrote:
After reading through Michael Freeman's "Mastering Black and White
Digital Photography" I have been trying my hand at some of the
techniques he describes there with Channel mixer and...
Forum: Digital Photography May 22nd 09, 03:06 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 7
Posted By Alan Meyer
Another source condemns 3:2 format

"Don Stauffer" wrote in message

Hey, how about a circular format? I believe in times past (film days)
there were...
Forum: Digital Photography May 22nd 09, 02:55 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 94
Posted By Alan Meyer
CF dying?

"Alfred Molon" wrote in message
Seems more and more DSLR manufacturers are switching to SD cards...

My understanding...
Forum: Digital Photography January 2nd 09, 01:25 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 25
Posted By Alan Meyer
canon powershots flaking out

J. Clarke wrote:
The kind of machine you're describing uses a linear acceleator to
generate a high energy x-ray beam. It's not the same as an imaging
x-ray, which is designed for...
Forum: Digital Photography January 2nd 09, 01:20 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 25
Posted By Alan Meyer
canon powershots flaking out

John Navas wrote:
On Thu, 01 Jan 2009 18:21:47 -0500, Alan Meyer wrote
in :

I theorize that the x-ray treatment machine in the...
Forum: Digital Photography January 1st 09, 11:21 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 25
Posted By Alan Meyer
canon powershots flaking out

John Navas wrote:
On Tue, 30 Dec 2008 21:26:52 -0500, "Alan Meyer"
wrote in :

"ASAAR" wrote in message
Forum: Digital Photography December 31st 08, 02:26 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 25
Posted By Alan Meyer
canon powershots flaking out

"ASAAR" wrote in message
What kind of environment are these cameras used in, or where are
they stored? Is there any...
Forum: Digital Photography December 28th 08, 05:06 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 0
Posted By Alan Meyer
capacitor

swapu wrote:
A capacitor is an electrical/electronic device that can store energy
in the electric field between a pair of conductors (called "plates").
The process of storing energy in the...
Forum: Digital Photography December 28th 08, 04:55 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 0
Posted By Alan Meyer
Digital Camera Sensor Performance

I've updated my digital sensor performance summary web page,
adding new sensor data (Canon 50D, 5D Mark II) to the figures and
more models to...
Forum: Digital Photography October 15th 08, 02:13 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 11
Posted By Alan Meyer
Cataracts and colo(u)r

I have no idea whether what I'm about to say has any truth to it
but, after all, this is the Internet, where people say anything they
like :)

It is conceivable to me that all of your previous color...
Forum: Digital Photography July 9th 08, 01:18 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 1
Posted By Alan Meyer
Need camera to photograph white boards and electronic circuits

"Paul" wrote in message
Move a foot or so to either side instead of shooting head on. No-cost
solution. Or use a...
Forum: Digital Photography June 27th 08, 01:30 AM Posted to alt.comp.freeware,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 0
Posted By Alan Meyer
Secret editing of EXIF data for photographs using freeware

Imagine that person you never met before approaches you in the
street and tells you he needs to falsify a document and would
like some advice on how to do it.

"What kind of document is it?", you...
Forum: Digital Photography May 23rd 08, 01:02 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 16
Posted By Alan Meyer
Shutters

"David J Taylor"