Showing results 1 to 23 of 23
Search took 0.13 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Bristolian
Forum: Digital Photography February 9th 10, 09:09 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 13
Posted By Bristolian
ASMP and ACLU gathering data on police harassment of photographers

tony cooper wrote:
On Mon, 8 Feb 2010 20:35:18 -0800, C J Campbell
wrote:

email I got from ASMP today:

Why do you assume that we know...
Forum: Digital Photography February 6th 10, 09:42 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 36
Posted By Bristolian
Photoline vs. PhotoSlop

LOL! wrote:

Any questions?

LOL!

My only question is: why do you continue to waste valuable oxygen by
needlessly breathing?
Forum: Digital Photography February 4th 10, 09:59 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 6
Posted By Bristolian
For Rich and his fans.

bugbear wrote:

Since colour perception is dependant on ambient light,
I think you're full of ****.

BugBear

You didn't need the first line of that post ;-)
Forum: Digital Photography January 3rd 10, 05:27 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 20
Posted By Bristolian
Sending luggage (with photo gear) ahead by FedEx cross-border

GaryT wrote:

Is this somethihng that most travel
agents are well versed in assisting people with?

Gary T

From my experience of travel agents the answer to your questions is an
emphatic NO!
Forum: Digital Photography January 2nd 10, 08:35 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 20
Posted By Bristolian
Sending luggage (with photo gear) ahead by FedEx cross-border

Wally wrote:
OK, some Islamic nut tries to blow up a plane, and now the security
guys have to prove they're even crazier by implementing moronic
"security" measures that do nothing to improve...
Forum: Digital Photography January 1st 10, 10:28 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 6
Posted By Bristolian
The el cheapo 650-1300mm zoom, for those who care

Bruce,

Many thanks for the appraisal of the Samyang, it sounds like a good
lens. Like you, I was wondering if - at the prices being offered - it
would be any good at all but your experience...
Forum: Digital Photography December 31st 09, 07:24 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 6
Posted By Bristolian
The el cheapo 650-1300mm zoom, for those who care

Bruce wrote:

Still, I'm very happy with my Samyang 85mm f/1.4. I broke the plastic
bayonet mount lens hood after only a few uses so replaced it with a
nice metal hood. I thought you would be...
Forum: Digital Photography December 22nd 09, 07:40 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 15
Posted By Bristolian
nikon d40x v d60?

egbert_no_bacon wrote:

so the other two will work just fine

sp af17-50 f/2.8 xr ld aspherical (if) tamron
af-s vr zoom-nikkor 70-200 f/2.8g if-ed

i thank you
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras December 19th 09, 06:56 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 0
Posted By Bristolian
For the LAST TIME...raise your right hand and repeat:

RichA wrote:

nospam wrote:
In article , Rich
wrote:

I'd agree with that except for two possible exceptions. Some...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras December 12th 09, 02:30 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 6
Posted By Bristolian
Britain: "Your papers, please."

RichA wrote:
http://www.amateurphotographer.co.uk/news/Police_Photographers_should_carry_identification_news_292902.html

Rich, your obsession with this topic is becoming rather boring .. can we...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras December 11th 09, 10:14 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 37
Posted By Bristolian
Britain as a police state: What is happening there?

mikeos wrote:
Bristolian wrote:

An ITN film crew covering a story about a photographer who was stopped
while taking innocent photos in central London were themselves quizzed
while...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras December 11th 09, 12:07 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 37
Posted By Bristolian
Britain as a police state: What is happening there?

RichA wrote:
I can't help but wonder if there isn't something happening in Britain
that would result is an almost daily occurrence of police arresting,
or hassling photographers? Has there...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras December 11th 09, 12:00 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 8
Posted By Bristolian
Nikon, still no VR 300mm f4.0

Rich wrote:

Do you know how many Nikon users:
1. Dislike the fact Nikon waits for so long to release products?
2. Dislike the fact Nikon seems to dictate to them what they should want?

Forum: Digital Photography October 30th 09, 10:21 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 37
Posted By Bristolian
Using a P&S

tony cooper wrote:
Tonight my wife hosted a dinner party for a group of women, so I left
the house for the evening. I left her my dslr at her request.

I went to my grandson's wrestling...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras October 27th 09, 11:06 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 4
Posted By Bristolian
PING: RichA - Plastic Camera DESIGNED to be dropped.

RichA wrote:
On Oct 25, 2:48 pm, Bristolian wrote:
RichA wrote:
But pound for pound, metal is FAR superior.
Ah, but there you're wrong. For a metal body to be as light...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras October 25th 09, 06:48 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems

RichA wrote:

But pound for pound, metal is FAR superior.

Ah, but there you're wrong. For a metal body to be as light as a plastic
one it would have to be extremely thin and, as a consequence,...
Forum: Digital Photography October 20th 09, 09:21 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 16
Posted By Bristolian
Recommendation Request: Good PnS Digital

james wrote:

No cameras, PnS or even DSLR has adjustable flash intensity. They are
all automatic.

James, you might need to clarify that statement for me (if no-one else).
My Nikon D40...
Forum: Digital Photography October 20th 09, 09:13 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 12
Posted By Bristolian
A3 Photo Printer choice.

Chris H wrote:

Also is there a problem if these printers are left idle for any length
of time?

Hi Chris, I have the 2880 (and an R265) and think they're both fine
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras October 17th 09, 03:51 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,uk.rec.photo.misc
Replies: 213
Posted By Bristolian
One more nail in the optical viewfinder coffin

John Navas wrote:

snip

In your opinion, not in mine.

It's only my opinion, of course, and you may not agree but you're
starting to sound like a politician desperate to avoid the question...
Forum: Digital Photography October 17th 09, 03:51 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,uk.rec.photo.misc
Replies: 35

John Navas wrote:

snip

In your opinion, not in mine.

It's only my opinion, of course, and you may not agree but you're
starting to sound like a politician desperate to avoid the question...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras October 7th 09, 08:42 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 9
Posted By Bristolian
CCD designer got Nobel price

On 2009-10-07 07:48:20 -0700, "D. Peter Maus"
said:

On 10/7/09 09:40 , jazu wrote:
Kind a late, but guy deservet the price.
One...
Forum: Digital Photography September 27th 09, 10:01 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 7
Posted By Bristolian
Viewer to enlarge pics taken in the field on the spot?

Don Tuttle wrote:
Is there a gadget that can be hooked to a camera so that pictures can
be viewed in larger format on the gadget's screen immediately after
they are taken?
Thanks.
Don

What...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras September 21st 09, 06:10 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 2
Posted By Bristolian
Need Help with Time Exposure for Nikon D40

Jeff wrote:
On Sep 20, 7:49 pm, (Ray Fischer) wrote:
Jeff wrote:
Help, please! How does one do a long shutter speed with the Nikon
D40? I've...
Showing results 1 to 23 of 23