Showing results 1 to 10 of 10
Search took 0.34 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: D Russell
Forum: Digital Photography January 17th 07, 05:54 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 20
Posted By D Russell
A few bird pictures.

Tony Gartshore wrote:

In article , says...
Tony Gartshore wrote:

By the way, those "Buzzards" are Red Kites, and they are a...
Forum: Digital Photography January 16th 07, 07:10 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 20
Posted By D Russell
A few bird pictures.

Tony Gartshore wrote:

In article ,
spam_me_not_mr.gadget2@comcastDOTnet says...

"Tony Gartshore" wrote in message
Forum: Digital Photography January 10th 07, 10:06 AM Posted to alt.comp.devices.digital-cameras,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 6
Posted By D Russell
Sony Cybershot DSC-H5; constant mechanical noise

Yep, get exactly the same continuous whirring from within my H2, even went
to a Sony store to borrow a brand new one, got them to fire it up for me
and then stood there in their shop holding it up to...
Forum: Digital Photography November 29th 06, 11:47 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 29
Posted By D Russell
Megapixel Question

To my mind you only have to look at the professionals, regardless of all the
clever rationalisations, no professional photographer is still shooting
with his old 2MP DSLR.

It's kind of like the old...
Forum: Digital Photography October 9th 06, 03:52 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 12
Posted By D Russell
How does it work ?

wrote:

I've got a really basic question: Where does the image you get in the LCD
and EVF come from ?
Does it come from the sensor ?

Usually directly from the...
Forum: Digital Photography October 9th 06, 02:40 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 39
Posted By D Russell
When does SLR start to make sense ?

I think that an SLR starts to make sense when you're really committed to
spending a lot more money on your hobby. Since a crappy photographer with a
£2k DSLR will take worse photos than a keen...
Forum: Digital Photography September 5th 06, 05:00 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 2
Posted By D Russell
Hello everyone...

chaser wrote:

I'm Joe. I was just given a Canon PS S3 IS for my birtday. So far I
love it. It is an upgrade from a Nikon CoolPix 2100. She loves me.

The question I have I think might...
Forum: Digital Photography September 5th 06, 04:57 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 20
Posted By D Russell
advanced super-zoom vs. digital SLR... what should I get?

wrote:

I'm looking to take a step up to a more serious digital camera and I'm
trying to decide how far I want to go. The big decision is whether to
go with an advanced...
Forum: Digital Photography August 18th 06, 02:22 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 1
Posted By D Russell
Sony DSC H2

Quick question, does anyone else have one of these, and when it's turned on
does it constantly whirr away to itself ? I thought it may be all sorts of
the auto features, but no, run on full manual,...
Forum: Digital Photography August 3rd 06, 05:16 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 9
Posted By D Russell
long Exposure Photography

Joseph Meehan wrote:

Jose Ferreira wrote:
Hi

I'm trying to get information on long exposures, mostly in terms of
hours not minutes. I'm thinking here of the work of Atta Kim or
Showing results 1 to 10 of 10