Showing results 1 to 25 of 40
Search took 0.10 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Arlen Holder[_4_]
Forum: Digital Photography May 1st 20, 10:30 PM Posted to comp.sys.mac.system,misc.phone.mobile.iphone,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 64
Posted By Arlen Holder[_4_]
Who's cloud?

A relevant thoughtful question is what data do we have that actually
"needs" the cloud, given that the cloud is simply someone else's computer.

While corporations can have thousands of people...
Forum: Digital Photography May 1st 20, 05:15 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 2
Posted By Arlen Holder[_4_]
Moto G7 Power (MSRP $250) camera output compared to the Pixel 3a XL

I've had several Moto Gs, they all seem to be good value and pretty
reliable.

Hi newshound,

Thanks for your purposefully...
Forum: Digital Photography May 1st 20, 04:50 PM Posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10,rec.photo.digital,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Replies: 3
Posted By Arlen Holder[_4_]
$6 Halide app supposedly unlocks secret camera abilities of the new 2020 iPhone SE

The only one the least bit surprised by this...
...is you.

Hi Alan,

This isn't about me, Alan, despite your incessant...
Forum: Digital Photography May 1st 20, 07:58 AM Posted to misc.phone.mobile.iphone,rec.photo.digital,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Replies: 3
Posted By Arlen Holder[_4_]
A tale of the Quality of Results from two new 2020 iPhone SE cameras - one bad- one a lot better - after Apple got involved...

But you don't want to quote that part of his review...

Hi Alan,

I quoted the facts.
o Those are the facts as we know them, are...
Forum: Digital Photography May 1st 20, 04:01 AM Posted to comp.mobile.android,uk.telecom.mobile,rec.photo.digital,alt.comp.freeware
Replies: 33
Posted By Arlen Holder[_4_]
Hint: Changing the camera app can remarkably improve your photo quality of results (but why?)

UPDATE:

o Hint: Changing the camera app can remarkably improve your photo quality of results (but why?)
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/rec.photo.digital/LtY49dG01mc

See also this...
Forum: Digital Photography May 1st 20, 03:54 AM Posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10,rec.photo.digital,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Replies: 3
Posted By Arlen Holder[_4_]
$6 Halide app supposedly unlocks secret camera abilities of the new 2020 iPhone SE

Dunno if this is a shill or not... but here's the data as I read it...
https://halide.cam/

$6 Halide app unlocks secret camera abilities of the new 2020 iPhone...
Forum: Digital Photography May 1st 20, 03:36 AM Posted to misc.phone.mobile.iphone,rec.photo.digital,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Replies: 3
Posted By Arlen Holder[_4_]
A tale of the Quality of Results from two new 2020 iPhone SE cameras - one bad- one a lot better - after Apple got involved...

A tale of the Quality of Results from two iPhone SE units - one terrible -
one a helluva' lot better once Apple got involved...

Test of iPhone SE #1 (before Apple got...
Forum: Digital Photography May 1st 20, 01:29 AM Posted to comp.sys.mac.system,misc.phone.mobile.iphone,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 64
Posted By Arlen Holder[_4_]
Who's cloud?

the moron nospam brazenly claimed...
he doesn't have a method.

a. *Do you believe we don't have seamless...
Forum: Digital Photography April 30th 20, 08:14 PM Posted to comp.sys.mac.system,misc.phone.mobile.iphone,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 64
Posted By Arlen Holder[_4_]
Who's cloud?

You know full well that I refuse to partake in your childish games...
o Where you apologists brazenly call all facts you don't...
Forum: Digital Photography April 30th 20, 01:08 AM Posted to comp.sys.mac.system,misc.phone.mobile.iphone,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 64
Posted By Arlen Holder[_4_]
Who's cloud?

whisper He doesn't have one.

Also, can you please please pleas trim all the quoted crap (that is to
say, everything)...
Forum: Digital Photography April 29th 20, 03:53 AM Posted to comp.sys.mac.system,misc.phone.mobile.iphone,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 64
Posted By Arlen Holder[_4_]
Who's cloud?

translated: you've been cornered once again and are running away.

Hi nospam,

Grow up.

You know full well that I refuse to partake in...
Forum: Digital Photography April 29th 20, 12:12 AM Posted to comp.sys.mac.system,misc.phone.mobile.iphone,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 64
Posted By Arlen Holder[_4_]
Who's cloud?

obviously being unaware that "who's" is short for "who is". The first
person to respond should just have said "How the **** do...
Forum: Digital Photography April 29th 20, 12:12 AM Posted to comp.sys.mac.system,misc.phone.mobile.iphone,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 64
Posted By Arlen Holder[_4_]
Who's cloud?

Sorry, but Tony beat you to correcting my English slip. Really, I do
know the difference. Doesn't obviate error.

Yes,...
Forum: Digital Photography April 28th 20, 11:48 PM Posted to comp.sys.mac.system,misc.phone.mobile.iphone,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 64
Posted By Arlen Holder[_4_]
Who's cloud?

No. The issue is one of making sure that changes on one device don't
stomp on changes made on another.

For the sake of the...
Forum: Digital Photography April 28th 20, 09:49 PM Posted to comp.sys.mac.system,misc.phone.mobile.iphone,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 64
Posted By Arlen Holder[_4_]
Who's cloud?

I actually looked at this thread, but placed it in my kill file the
minute I saw Arlen was involved in replying. I image it will turn out to
Forum: Digital Photography April 28th 20, 09:44 PM Posted to comp.sys.mac.system,misc.phone.mobile.iphone,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 64
Posted By Arlen Holder[_4_]
Who's cloud?

That's your process for keeping contacts (for instance) synchronized
across multiple devices?

Alan,

It's the _same_ process...
Forum: Digital Photography April 28th 20, 07:02 PM Posted to comp.sys.mac.system,misc.phone.mobile.iphone,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 64
Posted By Arlen Holder[_4_]
Who's cloud?

Explain how you work all this.

Alan,

Good. That was the first adult question I've heard from you.

o We can now _begin_ to add...
Forum: Digital Photography April 28th 20, 07:51 AM Posted to comp.sys.mac.system,misc.phone.mobile.iphone,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 64
Posted By Arlen Holder[_4_]
Who's cloud?

Yes... ...but presenting one doesn't describe your technique for keeping
contacts on all your devices in sync.

Alan,

Any...
Forum: Digital Photography April 28th 20, 07:28 AM Posted to comp.sys.mac.system,misc.phone.mobile.iphone,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 64
Posted By Arlen Holder[_4_]
Who's cloud?

And you've snipped a lot of material relevant to this topic.

Alan,

A vcard file is a _text_ file for heavens sake.

If the only...
Forum: Digital Photography April 28th 20, 06:07 AM Posted to misc.phone.mobile.iphone,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 0
Posted By Arlen Holder[_4_]
iFixIt: iPhone SE 2020 Teardown

Dateline today...
"We're pretty thrilled that Apple Frankensteined this phone"
o Apple APL1W85 A13 Bionic SoC layered over Samsung K3UH4H40BM-SGCL (presumably 3 GB LPDDR4X)
o Avago 8100 mid/high...
Forum: Digital Photography April 28th 20, 06:07 AM Posted to misc.phone.mobile.iphone,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 0
Posted By Arlen Holder[_4_]
iFixIt: Here Are the Parts You Can Swap Between the New iPhone SE and iPhone 8

iFixIt
o *Here Are the Parts You Can Swap Between the New iPhone SE and iPhone 8*
https://www.ifixit.com/News/41123/here-are-the-parts-you-can-swap-between-the-new-iphone-se-and-iphone-8

These are...
Forum: Digital Photography April 28th 20, 05:25 AM Posted to comp.sys.mac.system,misc.phone.mobile.iphone,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 64
Posted By Arlen Holder[_4_]
Who's cloud?

Agree. Stuff I need 'anywhere' goes to the cloud (2 different
providers, 1 who is very protective of data, the other one a...
Forum: Digital Photography April 28th 20, 05:25 AM Posted to comp.sys.mac.system,misc.phone.mobile.iphone,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 64
Posted By Arlen Holder[_4_]
Who's cloud?

I'm so happy for you, that in a world of imperfection, you'll always
have something to blow out of...
Forum: Digital Photography April 28th 20, 04:06 AM Posted to comp.sys.mac.system,misc.phone.mobile.iphone,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 64
Posted By Arlen Holder[_4_]
Who's cloud?

Nord seem to take offense at those allegations:
Forum: Digital Photography April 28th 20, 04:06 AM Posted to comp.sys.mac.system,misc.phone.mobile.iphone,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 64
Posted By Arlen Holder[_4_]
Who's cloud?

I have a Mac, an iPhone and an iPad, and I'd like them all to have the
same contacts and calendars and photos, etc.

I have...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 40