Showing results 1 to 25 of 61
Search took 0.10 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: embee
Forum: Digital Photography October 14th 08, 07:48 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 3
Posted By embee
pricing in asia

On 13 Oct 2008 21:43:02 GMT, "Peter" wrote:

Hi,

I'm traveling to South East Asia in a few months (Singapore, Hong Kong,
Bangkok, Kuala Lumpor), and have thought about...
Forum: Digital Photography October 14th 08, 07:44 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 3
Posted By embee
Silhouettes

On Mon, 13 Oct 2008 22:49:01 -0700, Paul Furman
wrote:

Looks good.

I haven't got into LAB (other than generally knowing it separates a
lightness channel from a...
Forum: Digital Photography October 14th 08, 07:30 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 3
Posted By embee
Silhouettes

On Mon, 13 Oct 2008 13:10:18 -0700 (PDT), Pat
wrote:

They are pretty nice.

One technique is to use some layers. Take the boat itself and cut
away everything...
Forum: Digital Photography October 13th 08, 04:29 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 3
Posted By embee
Silhouettes

Hi,

I've always liked silhouette pictures but somehow I've usually been
disappointed with my attempts - especially when they're printed.

I tried again to get them right on a trip to Thailand...
Forum: Digital Photography October 8th 08, 03:56 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 8
Posted By embee
Working in LAB

Further, he didn't give a hint as to whether he lived near there or not.
I have this habit of returning to scenes at a later time if the
weather or light is not to my liking. So I happily...
Forum: Digital Photography October 8th 08, 10:55 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 8
Posted By embee
Working in LAB

On Wed, 08 Oct 2008 18:59:49 +1000, Mark Thomas
wrote:

Hi Mark and thanks very much for you input.

I'm afraid I don't meet your criteria, but that sort of...
Forum: Digital Photography October 8th 08, 06:46 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 8
Posted By embee
Working in LAB

Hi

I've spent the past week or so taking my first dip into the turbulent
waters of editing in the LAB colourspace. I've been reading Dan
Margulis's books and following his online tutorials. Anyway,...
Forum: Digital Photography August 30th 07, 03:22 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 0
Posted By embee
Poser?

Do you think this little chap knew he was about to have his picture taken?
http://www.pbase.com/midie/image/84726421

He held this postition for all of two seconds before disappearing in a cloud
of...
Forum: Digital Photography June 22nd 07, 01:58 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 18
Posted By embee
Jessops announce closures

"John Bean" wrote in message
On Fri, 22 Jun 2007 00:12:55 +0100, "embee"
wrote:
The company has...
Forum: Digital Photography June 22nd 07, 12:12 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 18
Posted By embee
Jessops announce closures

This might be of interest to UK photographers....

Struggling camera chain Jessops today announced plans to axe 550 jobs and
close

81 stores in a bid to revive the store.

Jessops said the...
Forum: Digital Photography June 21st 07, 12:53 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 13
Posted By embee
Strange dreams about digital photography....

"Tzortzakakis Dimitrios" wrote in message
I recently had 4-5 times the very same dream.I dreamt I had a digital
camera
that, besides...
Forum: Digital Photography June 3rd 07, 07:34 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 13
Posted By embee
The Photographer As An Instrument of Evil; A Case Study

"Alan K." wrote in message
(For non .au types, the Illawarra coast runs to the south of Sydney.
The main city in the region is...
Forum: Digital Photography May 24th 07, 01:00 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 3
Posted By embee
Lens element cleaning

"frederick" wrote in message
embee wrote:

I use isopropyl alcohol the same way as eclipse. Another problem is
greasy residue at the edges...
Forum: Digital Photography May 23rd 07, 12:36 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 3
Posted By embee
Lens element cleaning

Hi,

I'm interested in hearing other people's experience of using Eclipse fluid
and pec pads for cleaning the front element on their lenses. I recently
bought some Eclipse and sensor swabs, because I...
Forum: Digital Photography May 11th 07, 12:59 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 4
Posted By embee
Question regarding Lenses

"Filhas Da Puta dos Bifes" wrote in message

Hello, I like photography but I don't really know too much about...
Forum: Digital Photography May 5th 07, 08:44 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 16
Posted By embee
LIGHTSPHERES LOVE THE 20D !

"KenJr" wrote in message
Forum: Digital Photography April 27th 07, 04:30 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 9
Posted By embee
ND filter

Hi,
I don't shoot a lot of landscapes, and it's something I'm becoming more
interested in. I aim to take advantage of the UK summer and autumn this year
to get out in the mornings and evenings to...
Forum: Digital Photography April 25th 07, 11:17 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 7
Posted By embee
Lightroom question

"Oliver Costich" wrote in message
On Wed, 25 Apr 2007 04:52:48 +0100, "embee"
Forum: Digital Photography April 25th 07, 04:52 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 7
Posted By embee
Lightroom question

"Rob-L" wrote in message
Yes - it's that simple. Just move the library database.

To back up you database:

- Go to Edit ...
Forum: Digital Photography April 25th 07, 04:20 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 7
Posted By embee
Lightroom question

Hi,

The day is approaching when I will have to upgrade my creaking computer,
probably in a year or so. I am a recent convert to Lightroom for all my
picture database and RAW processing needs. I...
Forum: Digital Photography April 24th 07, 05:14 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 19
Posted By embee
How to remove diamond pattern from scanned image

"AnotherAmateur" wrote in message
I'm scanning old photos, and some of these photos have a very heavy
diamond...
Forum: Digital Photography April 23rd 07, 05:45 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 13
Posted By embee
400mm lens & up

"ji" jimpict.comcast.net wrote in message
Hi
I'm interested in a lens of 400mm or more. I have a Canon 20D camera and
am
now using a...
Forum: Digital Photography March 24th 07, 02:20 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 3
Posted By embee
Bangkok - buying dig.video.rec there, ok?

wrote in message
Is it safe to buy a digital video camera in Bangkok -- would the
warrenty be honoured in...
Forum: Digital Photography March 5th 07, 02:10 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 11
Posted By embee
ANNI TESTS THE 300 f/4L IS !

"Annika1980" wrote in message

Next I tested the 300 f/4L against the 400 f/5.6L.
I was very interested in...
Forum: Digital Photography February 28th 07, 01:31 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 9
Posted By embee
Froggie eyeballs the 1D2N

Sure wish I had that lens when I was shooting the critter at the top of my
webpage. Of course, it was raining at the time, and I wasn't going to go
outside for that shot.

dwight
Showing results 1 to 25 of 61