Showing results 1 to 9 of 9
Search took 0.17 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Axel Berger[_2_]
Forum: Digital Photography November 12th 14, 10:12 AM Posted to alt.os.linux,comp.text.pdf,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 127
Posted By Axel Berger[_2_]
How to create a multi-page JPG or PDF

nospam wrote:
there are ways around it for those who want to read content that
they're not paying for.

It is not "a way around" if it's nothing more than the normal and
standard browser setting....
Forum: Digital Photography November 12th 14, 10:09 AM Posted to alt.os.linux,comp.text.pdf,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 127
Posted By Axel Berger[_2_]
How to create a multi-page JPG or PDF

nospam wrote:
you give them permission to store cookies when you visit their site.
... or disable cookies.

So we are in agreement and you quite suddenly begin to accept, that
disabling cookies...
Forum: Digital Photography November 11th 14, 02:44 PM Posted to alt.os.linux,comp.text.pdf,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 127
Posted By Axel Berger[_2_]
How to create a multi-page JPG or PDF

Mayayana wrote:
The ability for websites to recognize you on return.

That and more. Some shops store your cart in a cookie. so if you decide
not to buy yet and return a few days later, all the...
Forum: Digital Photography November 11th 14, 10:13 AM Posted to alt.os.linux,comp.text.pdf,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 127
Posted By Axel Berger[_2_]
How to create a multi-page JPG or PDF

tlvp wrote:
It took Apple (who else, after all?) to coin (and fail to
copyright) the term "app", as "short" for
"application program" (in lieu of simply "program").

I don't know who copied...
Forum: Digital Photography November 10th 14, 10:52 PM Posted to alt.os.linux,comp.text.pdf,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 127
Posted By Axel Berger[_2_]
How to create a multi-page JPG or PDF

nospam wrote:
you're ripping them off because you get 10 free articles per month
and for more than that, you're supposed to pay.
as i said, there are ways around that, but by doing so, you're
Forum: Digital Photography November 9th 14, 12:21 AM Posted to alt.os.linux,comp.text.pdf,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 127
Posted By Axel Berger[_2_]
How to create a multi-page JPG or PDF

Mayayana wrote:
I never read
10 NYT articles online per month, but since they
must be counting via cookies, there should be no
limit if you just delete your cookies. Or better still,
set...
Forum: Digital Photography November 9th 14, 12:11 AM Posted to alt.os.linux,comp.text.pdf,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 127
Posted By Axel Berger[_2_]
How to create a multi-page JPG or PDF

"J. Clarke" wrote:
I for one rather resent the notion that I have to be exposed to
advertising to know my "real needs and wants".

You seem to (deliberately?) misunderstand me. "nospam" keeps...
Forum: Digital Photography November 7th 14, 09:57 PM Posted to alt.os.linux,comp.text.pdf,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 127
Posted By Axel Berger[_2_]
How to create a multi-page JPG or PDF

nospam wrote:
do you edit photos in a browser

Of course not. I read documents distributed all over the world, written
by all kinds of people on all kinds of machines using all kinds of tools
and...
Forum: Digital Photography November 6th 14, 10:33 AM Posted to alt.os.linux,comp.text.pdf,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 127
Posted By Axel Berger[_2_]
How to create a multi-page JPG or PDF

Savageduck wrote:
so why even go to the
NYT web page when they have a perfectly good free app

That was the way things used to get done up until around 1993. Then
along came Tim Berners-Lee and...
Showing results 1 to 9 of 9