Showing results 1 to 25 of 73
Search took 0.07 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Arthur Entlich
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras February 8th 10, 10:08 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 23
Posted By Arthur Entlich
PhotoSlop Compared to 4 Different Editors

I am going to jump into this discussion with an idea, not based upon any
direct knowledge I have as to why Photoshop is designed as it is, but
with a mind toward human vision.

Human vision is not...
Forum: Digital Photography July 20th 09, 04:49 AM Posted to comp.periphs.printers,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 9
Posted By Arthur Entlich
A3 photo printers

I just noticed Brother now has an all in one inkjet which produces a
A3/11" x 17" prints. Model is MFC-6490CW and lists for $299 US.

Epson's cheapest model is the R1400, which uses the Claria dye...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras December 16th 08, 10:28 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 34
Posted By Arthur Entlich
A printer suggestion for the OEM's

Actually OG, I wasn't "replying to your post" I was replying to a
publicly posted thread of conversation, which you may have entered into.
If you want to be foolish and stand by some "stick in...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras December 15th 08, 10:35 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 34
Posted By Arthur Entlich
A printer suggestion for the OEM's

If I were developing such a printer, I would consider using a thermal
ribbon head for the under-printing.

These heads don't require any maintenance as they don't clog, they are
very small heated...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras December 15th 08, 10:17 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 34
Posted By Arthur Entlich
A printer suggestion for the OEM's

Although it is probably doable, it would be a bit tricky mechanically.
It could probably be done by lengthening the carriage and having the
reverse black only head on one edge of the carriage in an...
Forum: Digital Photography July 9th 08, 10:10 AM Posted to comp.periphs.printers,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 39
Posted By Arthur Entlich
PING: R HUNTER re Which inkjet printer for a professionalphotographer?

Seems to be fairly universal for a certain age group. I experienced the
same thing with my mother, the pressure cooker "blew" and created quite
a mess. In this case, I think the pressure escape...
Forum: Digital Photography July 3rd 08, 08:47 AM Posted to comp.periphs.printers,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 39
Posted By Arthur Entlich
Which inkjet printer for a professional photographer?

There were some problems with some designated laser glossy papers made
or branded by HP, which could melt with some higher fuser temperature
laser printers.

Don't know if they are still on the...
Forum: Digital Photography July 3rd 08, 08:24 AM Posted to comp.periphs.printers,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 39
Posted By Arthur Entlich
Which inkjet printer for a professional photographer?

How large will your output be, at maximum? Do you need roll paper
support or will you be using cut sheets? Glossy or matte output, or
both? Color or B+W or both? Is speed critical. How many...
Forum: Digital Photography March 23rd 08, 10:55 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 64
Posted By Arthur Entlich
Inkjet printing both sides

Thanks, good to know. I have some around but not tried printing on it.

Art

Paul Furman wrote:
Arthur Entlich wrote:
Hi Paul,

Are you referring to a tracing Vellum? Some of them are...
Forum: Digital Photography March 22nd 08, 01:46 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 64
Posted By Arthur Entlich
Inkjet printing both sides

Hi Paul,

Are you referring to a tracing Vellum? Some of them are really
interesting to print on with inkjet.

Art

Paul Furman wrote:
Terry Pinnell wrote:
Arthur Entlich...
Forum: Digital Photography March 22nd 08, 01:44 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 64
Posted By Arthur Entlich
Inkjet printing both sides

I'm not sure if Print Shop is still out there (I had the Commodore
64/128 version, and the Amiga Version, as I recall), but I'm sure their
are some similar templates and programs like that today if...
Forum: Digital Photography March 22nd 08, 12:51 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 64
Posted By Arthur Entlich
Inkjet printing both sides

It sounds that that paper is glossy one side and fairly matte the other
side. It is darn expensive!

Art

Terry Pinnell wrote:

Thanks Jim. Found several candidates, although they are a bit...
Forum: Digital Photography March 21st 08, 02:20 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 64
Posted By Arthur Entlich
Inkjet printing both sides

Hey, reinventing the wheel is sometime show the greatest ideas are come
upon, and besides, as you stated, the self-satisfaction of coming up
with a solution to a problem sometimes outweighs the...
Forum: Digital Photography March 20th 08, 12:41 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 64
Posted By Arthur Entlich
Inkjet printing both sides

Hi Burt,

I know this is a sensitive area on this newsgroup, unfortunately, due to
our neighborhood troll, but I think you may be "killing the messenger"
in this case.

I think the reason Bob...
Forum: Digital Photography March 20th 08, 12:31 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 64
Posted By Arthur Entlich
Inkjet printing both sides

Your point is actually well taken, and you are correct. Some large
format inkjet printers did and may still use heaters to dry ink. The
larger printers need to run faster, and to decrease drying...
Forum: Digital Photography March 19th 08, 01:14 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 64
Posted By Arthur Entlich
Inkjet printing both sides

That's what I was trying to explain via this word description in a
previous email, perhaps not very effectively...

Also, if you print the card the right way and do a four way fold, if
you print...
Forum: Digital Photography March 19th 08, 02:23 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital,comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 64
Posted By Arthur Entlich
Inkjet printing both sides

Inkjet printers use no heat or fusing process. The only heat that is
generated on thermal inkjet head printers, is to heat the ink to propel
it onto the paper, which doesn't heat the paper. The...
Forum: Digital Photography March 17th 08, 02:16 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 64
Posted By Arthur Entlich
Inkjet printing both sides

In a forum such as this, clarity and detail can count. Some errors made
due to incomplete information can cause irreversible damage to equipment.

I am not implying your intent was anything but...
Forum: Digital Photography March 17th 08, 02:05 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 64
Posted By Arthur Entlich
Inkjet printing both sides

The coatings on the reverse side do have several potential functions.
As I mentioned, some are coated for text only, some at designed to
maintain dimensionally and prevent warping, as you...
Forum: Digital Photography March 17th 08, 02:01 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 64
Posted By Arthur Entlich
Inkjet printing both sides

It is the same problem if you are using an inkjet coated paper. It
isn't the ink that is the problem, it is the paper itself which is not
designed for heat.

In most cases the true matte surfaced...
Forum: Digital Photography March 16th 08, 04:25 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 64
Posted By Arthur Entlich
Inkjet printing both sides

Some inkjet coatings, and the glossy are more likely, can be a type of
plastic that will melt with the heat of a laser printer fuser. Some
people have ruined their laser printer's fuser doing...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras May 26th 07, 12:39 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers,alt.photography,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 73
Posted By Arthur Entlich
Why no 8 x 12 Photo Paper OT

Last off topic comment on this...

You see, Patrick, I "got it" from the beginning, so you didn't need to
"explain" the "joke" to me.

It is just that I don't find mentally handicapped people being...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras May 24th 07, 02:55 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers,alt.photography,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 73
Posted By Arthur Entlich
Why no 8 x 12 Photo Paper

DBLEXPOSURE wrote:

Hey, are you Robert Glen Coe's brother?

http://www.dprc.us/Robert%20Glen%20Coe.htm

Ass.

Sorry that this is off topic...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras May 24th 07, 02:26 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers,alt.photography,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 31
Posted By Arthur Entlich
Want 8x12 Epson or HP Photo Paper?

And now to find A4 paper in the USA?

That might be an easier argument to sell to the inkjet printer
companies, actually. Since they already market such a product, it may
be easier to get them...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras May 24th 07, 01:50 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,alt.photography,comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 32
Posted By Arthur Entlich
Dilemma. My pictures are too good.

I think you are mixing up Frank Arthur's postings with mine. He is the
person who has been expressing a need for the 8"x12", and similar ratio,
paper.

Art

PS: I never stated or implied your head...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 73