Showing results 1 to 10 of 10
Search took 1.53 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Marco Schmidt
Forum: Digital Photography January 9th 08, 03:06 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 7
Posted By Marco Schmidt
Exif Metadata in JPEG2000: Request for Comments

Thomas Richter:

Question 1: I often hear the claim that "JPEG2000 has Exif issues".
Would you believe that this is a serious market demand, and a serious
problem why JPEG2000 did not gain a...
Forum: Other Photographic Equipment October 25th 07, 06:26 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,uk.rec.photo.misc,rec.photo.equipment.misc
Replies: 6
Posted By Marco Schmidt
File names for various digital cameras and RAW extensions

fup2 rec.photo.digital

Floyd L. Davidson:

The actual distinctions between file formats are
embedded in the files, not the name. For major
differences, for example to indicate that a file is...
Forum: Digital Photography October 25th 07, 06:26 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,uk.rec.photo.misc,rec.photo.equipment.misc
Replies: 7
Posted By Marco Schmidt
File names for various digital cameras and RAW extensions

fup2 rec.photo.digital

Floyd L. Davidson:

The actual distinctions between file formats are
embedded in the files, not the name. For major
differences, for example to indicate that a file is...
Forum: Digital Photography September 24th 07, 10:43 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 3
Posted By Marco Schmidt
Spliting dates and strings

Denis:

I have a date field in a database. I have been given forms to be
printed out.
The problem is that the form requires the date to be printed out in 3
seperate parts. In the form day month...
Forum: Digital Photography September 10th 07, 04:06 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 5
Posted By Marco Schmidt
thumbnails from jpgs

Philip Bailey:

I have a number of corrupt JPEG files. Just about ANY program
I use to "preview" them will still show the preview "thumbnail",
but the main image is gone.

Is there any way to...
Forum: Digital Photography September 10th 07, 03:54 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,comp.graphics.algorithms,comp.compression
Replies: 0
Posted By Marco Schmidt
Image recovery: Recovering fragmented image files from flash memory cards

[Group list reduced, fup2 rec.photo.digital]

Tonny Iversen:

I don't know the specifics of jpg encoding, but maybe someone here knows
if the different parts of the image part of the jpg files are...
Forum: Digital Photography September 8th 07, 07:51 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 4
Posted By Marco Schmidt
JPEG file internal structure

Bx.C / x87asm:

assuming the bitstream is corrupted at only one spot, couldn't the decoder
calculate an appropriate amount of padding after the entire bitstream is
decoded?

Yes, that is...
Forum: Digital Photography September 4th 07, 09:03 AM Posted to comp.os.ms-windows.programmer.win32,comp.sources.d,rec.photo.digital,adobe.photoshop.windows,comp.graphics.algorithms
Replies: 4
Posted By Marco Schmidt
JPEG file internal structure

fup2 r.p.d; best group is probably comp.compression, though

:

I am looking for some information on the internal structure of a JPEG
file. I was playing with a handful of bits...
Forum: Digital Photography August 27th 07, 05:20 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 0
Posted By Marco Schmidt
Taking images from xxx dpi to 300 dpi

sberry:

If so, when the images are uploaded I could just store the current dpi
and the translated size in 300 dpi and not allow images with a
translated size smaller than the photo area to be...
Forum: Digital Photography August 4th 07, 10:20 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 4
Posted By Marco Schmidt
Geotagged photos & Menalto's Gallery

Brian:

I run a very amateur site just for myself and last week invested in a
Globalsat Dg-100 data logger. My photos aren't what I'm impressed with but
the way Menalto's Gallery software run on...
Showing results 1 to 10 of 10