Showing results 1 to 25 of 60
Search took 0.03 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Rod Smith
Forum: In The Darkroom January 11th 08, 03:23 PM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 12
Posted By Rod Smith
Ilford EXPRESS paper

In article ,
jjs writes:

I have the opportunity to buy vast quantities of Ilford Express paper in 10"
and 5" rolls from 50 to 100' lenghts.

While I...
Forum: In The Darkroom January 10th 08, 05:52 AM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 12
Posted By Rod Smith
Enlarger question

In article ,
"G.T." writes:

I've been poking around on Ebay and Craigslist and there are some reasonble
enlargers available at...
Forum: In The Darkroom January 8th 08, 09:43 PM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 86
Posted By Rod Smith
B&W film developing questions

In article ,
"G.T." writes:

David Nebenzahl wrote:
On 1/7/2008 7:46 PM G.T. spake thus:

With the drums can I agitate...
Forum: In The Darkroom January 8th 08, 09:17 PM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 86
Posted By Rod Smith
B&W film developing questions

In article ,
(Geoffrey S. Mendelson) writes:

David Nebenzahl wrote:

Gloves are for sissies.

I found that in the 1980's skin...
Forum: In The Darkroom January 8th 08, 09:12 PM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 86
Posted By Rod Smith
B&W film developing questions

In article ,
(Geoffrey S. Mendelson) writes:

G.T. wrote:
enlarger, lens, neg holder, timer

I started out without a timer, I...
Forum: In The Darkroom January 8th 08, 08:59 PM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 86
Posted By Rod Smith
B&W film developing questions

In article ,
"G.T." writes:

"Rod Smith" wrote in message
Forum: In The Darkroom January 8th 08, 02:56 AM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 86
Posted By Rod Smith
B&W film developing questions

In article ,
"G.T." writes:

Geoffrey S. Mendelson wrote:
G.T. wrote:

Print, load in drum, fill with developer, agitate,...
Forum: In The Darkroom January 8th 08, 02:34 AM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 86
Posted By Rod Smith
B&W film developing questions

In article ,
"G.T." writes:

Oh, and regarding grain, my instructor actually suggested that I use
Xtol for now. But during class...
Forum: In The Darkroom January 8th 08, 02:31 AM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 86
Posted By Rod Smith
B&W film developing questions

In article ,
"Lawrence Akutagawa" writes:

The rule of thumb with fixers is in room light to toss a piece of
Forum: In The Darkroom January 8th 08, 02:19 AM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 86
Posted By Rod Smith
B&W film developing questions

In article ,
(Thor Lancelot Simon) writes:

There is a
myth that circulates that Rodinal is a fine-grain developer -- it is
quite certainly...
Forum: In The Darkroom January 2nd 08, 03:30 PM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 15
Posted By Rod Smith
Color printing paper

In article ,
Claudio Bonavolta writes:

On 1 jan, 02:04, ____ ...
Forum: In The Darkroom October 15th 07, 04:00 AM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 13
Posted By Rod Smith
Shopping trip and paper question

In article ,
(Geoffrey S. Mendelson) writes:

Nicholas O. Lindan wrote:

I would get hold of Ilford filters.

Might not be...
Forum: In The Darkroom August 24th 07, 06:42 PM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 33
Posted By Rod Smith
Safelights and paper developer?

In article ,
(Geoffrey S. Mendelson) writes:

wrote:

All that's needed for film and paper developers is...
Forum: In The Darkroom August 23rd 07, 06:09 PM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 33
Posted By Rod Smith
Safelights and paper developer?

In article ,
(Geoffrey S. Mendelson) writes:

wrote:

Agfa for many years recommended a 2% solution
of...
Forum: In The Darkroom August 23rd 07, 06:02 PM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 33
Posted By Rod Smith
Safelights and paper developer?

In article ,
(Geoffrey S. Mendelson) writes:

Rod Smith wrote:

You might see if you can find a red LED bulb. I use one of these...
Forum: In The Darkroom August 21st 07, 04:29 PM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 33
Posted By Rod Smith
Safelights and paper developer?

In article ,
(Geoffrey S. Mendelson) writes:

Richard Knoppow wrote:

Freestyle, for example ships only FedEX and therefore a...
Forum: In The Darkroom July 29th 07, 07:27 PM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 41
Posted By Rod Smith
Paterson Reels, was Stand development - Uneven

In article ,
David Nebenzahl writes:

On 7/28/2007 10:40 AM Ron Todd spake thus:

I was always told to always...
Forum: In The Darkroom July 26th 07, 11:07 PM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 41
Posted By Rod Smith
Paterson Reels, was Stand development - Uneven

In article ,
Bogdan Karasek writes:

I'm curious as to why there is this negative prejudice towards Paterson
plastic reels....
Forum: In The Darkroom July 26th 07, 02:43 AM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 27
Posted By Rod Smith
C-22 Process

In article ,
David Nebenzahl writes:

On 7/24/2007 8:38 PM Rod Smith spake thus (regarding ECN-2 film):

[...] ...
Forum: In The Darkroom July 25th 07, 04:52 AM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 4
Posted By Rod Smith
How to influence grain in color process?

In article ,
Michael Quintero writes:
Dear ng,
As far as I understand it the grain in the bw negative can to...
Forum: In The Darkroom July 25th 07, 04:38 AM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 27
Posted By Rod Smith
C-22 Process

In article ,
writes:

The purpouse is only experimental.
I have no idea on what waiting of the developing.
My...
Forum: Film & Labs June 21st 07, 03:57 PM Posted to rec.photo.film+labs
Replies: 8
Posted By Rod Smith
Velvia 50

In article ,
Toni Nikkanen writes:

"ftran999" writes:

I don't know if your aware, but Fuji is introducing a...
Forum: In The Darkroom May 10th 07, 05:12 PM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 5
Posted By Rod Smith
Problem : cyan cast on C41 negatives

In article ,
Anirban writes:

I am a newbie trying to develop C41 films on my own. I have a fairly
dark...
Forum: In The Darkroom March 8th 07, 01:21 AM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 5
Posted By Rod Smith
Philips PCS-130 enlarger / Paterson PCS2500 - Neg carrier

In article ,
"bob" writes:

so which is better glass or glassless ?
with glassless the film may not always be flat ?can that be...
Forum: In The Darkroom March 6th 07, 09:05 PM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 5
Posted By Rod Smith
Philips PCS-130 enlarger / Paterson PCS2500 - Neg carrier

In article ,
"bob" writes:

Hi I have just bought a PCS-130 and the question is the neg supposed to be
held with glass ? Mine...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 60