Showing results 1 to 25 of 37
Search took 0.30 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Bill Wells
Forum: Digital Photography February 1st 09, 02:43 PM Posted to alt.comp.freeware,rec.photo.digital,alt.video.dvd.authoring
Replies: 2
Posted By Bill Wells
Freeware alternative to Camtasia for capturing a video of whatever is on the screen

On Sun, 01 Feb 2009 08:41:00 +0900, Johnw wrote:

One application this allows me is I can play music in the background, and
then scroll through my picture collection of a school event, and the...
Forum: Digital Photography January 31st 09, 10:41 PM Posted to alt.comp.freeware,rec.photo.digital,alt.video.dvd.authoring
Replies: 2
Posted By Bill Wells
Freeware alternative to Camtasia for capturing a video of whatever is on the screen

On Sat, 31 Jan 2009 15:32:20 +0900, Johnw wrote:

Bill Wells brought next idea :
On Windows, I've used Camtasia to capture whatever is shown on the screen
and whatever comes in on the mic to...
Forum: Digital Photography January 31st 09, 05:29 AM Posted to alt.comp.freeware,rec.photo.digital,alt.video.dvd.authoring
Replies: 96
Posted By Bill Wells
Freeware to mix photos & music & video to create a DVD slide show

On Fri, 30 Jan 2009 09:45:06 -0000, Jerry wrote:

AIUI "Quicktime Alternative" and "Quicktime" can't co-exist on the
same system/OS.

I always delete Quicktime as fast as Apple installs it (in...
Forum: Digital Photography January 30th 09, 05:15 AM Posted to alt.comp.freeware,rec.photo.digital,alt.video.dvd.authoring
Replies: 96
Posted By Bill Wells
Freeware to mix photos & music & video to create a DVD slide show

On Tue, 27 Jan 2009 10:20:44 -0600, wrote:

What you're suffering now is the equlivant of slow Chinese water
torture.

Hi Bill,
Yes, I am (slowly) coming to the realization...
Forum: Digital Photography January 30th 09, 05:10 AM Posted to alt.comp.freeware,rec.photo.digital,alt.video.dvd.authoring
Replies: 96
Posted By Bill Wells
Freeware to mix photos & music & video to create a DVD slide show

On Tue, 27 Jan 2009 12:24:51 -0500, tony cooper wrote:

I tried Pinnacle's Studio 10 program and found it complicated and
unworkable. MovieMaker is dead-simple to use.

Long ago, a friend gave...
Forum: Digital Photography January 30th 09, 05:04 AM Posted to alt.comp.freeware,rec.photo.digital,alt.video.dvd.authoring
Replies: 96
Posted By Bill Wells
Freeware to mix photos & music & video to create a DVD slide show

On Tue, 27 Jan 2009 10:08:12 -0600, wrote:

Where in the past
many freeware applications like VirtualDub could open ASF file,
Microsoft threatened them with legal action so...
Forum: Digital Photography January 30th 09, 05:02 AM Posted to alt.comp.freeware,rec.photo.digital,alt.video.dvd.authoring
Replies: 96
Posted By Bill Wells
Freeware to mix photos & music & video to create a DVD slide show

On Tue, 27 Jan 2009 10:08:12 -0600, wrote:

MOV was developed by Apple and one reason you are likely having
problems is you either don't have their Quick Time player

Hi...
Forum: Digital Photography January 30th 09, 05:00 AM Posted to alt.comp.freeware,rec.photo.digital,alt.video.dvd.authoring
Replies: 96
Posted By Bill Wells
Freeware to mix photos & music & video to create a DVD slide show

On Mon, 26 Jan 2009 08:58:11 -0600, wrote:

Another reason I use Sony's video editing software. Last
time I checked Sony was a major Japanese corporation, so no need to
Forum: Digital Photography January 27th 09, 07:13 AM Posted to alt.comp.freeware,rec.photo.digital,alt.video.dvd.authoring
Replies: 96
Posted By Bill Wells
Freeware to mix photos & music & video to create a DVD slide show

On Tue, 27 Jan 2009 07:02:10 +1000, miskairal wrote:

I suspect I might need a more powerful pc as I only have a 2.0GHz
Celeron and 512MB of RAM. WinXP Home SP3. Can you tell me your computer
Forum: Digital Photography January 27th 09, 07:05 AM Posted to alt.comp.freeware,rec.photo.digital,alt.video.dvd.authoring
Replies: 96
Posted By Bill Wells
Freeware to mix photos & music & video to create a DVD slide show

On Mon, 26 Jan 2009 18:24:05 -0600, M.L. wrote:

Why has nobody mentioned "DVD slideshow GUI" ?
http://download.videohelp.com/tin2tin/index.html

I found it hard to use. And it doesn't burn...
Forum: Digital Photography January 27th 09, 06:59 AM Posted to alt.comp.freeware,rec.photo.digital,alt.video.dvd.authoring

On Mon, 26 Jan 2009 19:34:08 +0000, David Catterall wrote:

http://download.videohelp.com/tin2tin/index.html

I'll try DVD GUI out.

While Photo Slideshow Creator created a working DVD on the first...
Forum: Digital Photography January 26th 09, 02:32 PM Posted to alt.comp.freeware,rec.photo.digital,alt.video.dvd.authoring
Replies: 96
Posted By Bill Wells
Freeware to mix photos & music & video to create a DVD slide show

Is there freeware that will do what Sonic MyDVD does?
a. We can slide JPEG photos onto it and attach an MP3 song or two
b. The program would automatically fit the pictures to the song length
Forum: Digital Photography January 26th 09, 08:04 AM Posted to alt.comp.freeware,rec.photo.digital,alt.video.dvd.authoring
Replies: 96
Posted By Bill Wells
Freeware to mix photos & music & video to create a DVD slide show

On Mon, 26 Jan 2009 01:29:06 -0500, Susan Bugher wrote:

You can probably find out which CD and DVD formats each of your DVD
players supports by searching he
Forum: Digital Photography January 26th 09, 07:48 AM Posted to alt.comp.freeware,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 14
Posted By Bill Wells
Batch thumbnail JPG lossless rotation that's much faster than Irvanfiew

On Mon, 26 Jan 2009 06:35:35 +0100, Poutnik wrote:

I still think best is avoiding of so huge folders,
as I posted before.

Hi Poutnik,

My use model is to have a folder for each time I dump the...
Forum: Digital Photography January 26th 09, 07:42 AM Posted to alt.comp.freeware,rec.photo.digital,alt.video.dvd.authoring
Replies: 96
Posted By Bill Wells
Freeware to mix photos & music & video to create a DVD slide show

On Mon, 26 Jan 2009 00:51:01 -0500, tony cooper wrote:

You want professional results without being willing to pay
for the professionalism.

Given that even you admitted that almost all software...
Forum: Digital Photography January 26th 09, 07:35 AM Posted to alt.comp.freeware,rec.photo.digital,alt.video.dvd.authoring
Replies: 96
Posted By Bill Wells
Freeware to mix photos & music & video to create a DVD slide show

On Mon, 26 Jan 2009 00:51:01 -0500, tony cooper wrote:

What I don't understand is that you seem to want high quality output
that will work on any DVD, but you are looking to create it for...
Forum: Digital Photography January 26th 09, 07:33 AM Posted to alt.comp.freeware,rec.photo.digital,alt.video.dvd.authoring
Replies: 96
Posted By Bill Wells
Freeware to mix photos & music & video to create a DVD slide show

On Mon, 26 Jan 2009 00:51:01 -0500, tony cooper wrote:

The term "high quality" is a user-defined term (unless they define it)

Actually, the part I objected to most in Microsoft's "puffery"...
Forum: Digital Photography January 26th 09, 07:22 AM Posted to alt.comp.freeware,rec.photo.digital,alt.video.dvd.authoring
Replies: 96
Posted By Bill Wells
Freeware to mix photos & music & video to create a DVD slide show

On Sun, 25 Jan 2009 23:02:51 -0600, wrote:

Hi TruthSquad,
It was good to see your analysis of Windows Movie Maker. I'm on WinXP so I
won't have access to the DVD-Video...
Forum: Digital Photography January 26th 09, 06:53 AM Posted to alt.comp.freeware,rec.photo.digital,alt.video.dvd.authoring
Replies: 96
Posted By Bill Wells
Freeware to mix photos & music & video to create a DVD slide show

On Sun, 25 Jan 2009 22:16:52 -0600, wrote:

I guess I should have realized this newsgroup is apparently some
hang-out for the rank amateur crowd that's clueless and also...
Forum: Digital Photography January 26th 09, 06:47 AM Posted to alt.comp.freeware,rec.photo.digital,alt.video.dvd.authoring
Replies: 96
Posted By Bill Wells
Freeware to mix photos & music & video to create a DVD slide show

On Mon, 26 Jan 2009 00:11:04 -0500, J. Clarke wrote:
Nobody has asserted that Windows Movie Maker will burn DVDs.
Its function is to edit video files. That is all it does.
You need a different...
Forum: Digital Photography January 26th 09, 03:47 AM Posted to alt.comp.freeware,rec.photo.digital,alt.video.dvd.authoring
Replies: 96
Posted By Bill Wells
Freeware to mix photos & music & video to create a DVD slide show

On Sun, 25 Jan 2009 22:37:40 -0500, tony cooper wrote:

If you're saying Microsoft Windows Movie Maker or Microsoft Picture Story 3
directly outputs these DVD-format files, then I stand...
Forum: Digital Photography January 26th 09, 03:36 AM Posted to alt.comp.freeware,rec.photo.digital,alt.video.dvd.authoring
Replies: 96
Posted By Bill Wells
Freeware to mix photos & music & video to create a DVD slide show

On Sun, 25 Jan 2009 19:00:09 -0600, M.L. wrote:

Forget Microsoft and Sony.
Photostage Slideshow Maker
http://www.nchsoftware.com/slideshow/index.html

Hi M.L.,

Thank you for your helpful...
Forum: Digital Photography January 26th 09, 03:20 AM Posted to alt.comp.freeware,rec.photo.digital,alt.video.dvd.authoring
Replies: 96
Posted By Bill Wells
Freeware to mix photos & music & video to create a DVD slide show

On Sun, 25 Jan 2009 19:20:46 -0500, J. Clarke wrote:

If it has to play on ANYONE's then you simply can't do it with a
computer. This has nothing to do with the software. Some DVD players
Forum: Digital Photography January 26th 09, 02:56 AM Posted to alt.comp.freeware,rec.photo.digital,alt.video.dvd.authoring
Replies: 96
Posted By Bill Wells
Freeware to mix photos & music & video to create a DVD slide show

On Sun, 25 Jan 2009 19:03:30 -0500, tony cooper wrote:

I don't think you understand. *Any* program that creates a file that
will be burned to a DVD may not result in a DVD that will not play...
Forum: Digital Photography January 26th 09, 02:36 AM Posted to alt.comp.freeware,rec.photo.digital,alt.video.dvd.authoring
Replies: 96
Posted By Bill Wells
Freeware to mix photos & music & video to create a DVD slide show

On Sun, 25 Jan 2009 16:57:01 -0800, John Corliss wrote:

Maybe take the output from Photo Story 3 and run it through DVDFlick:
http://www.dvdflick.net/

I've created 4.7GB DVD-format DVDs out...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 37