Showing results 1 to 20 of 20
Search took 0.68 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Arthur Small
Forum: Digital Photography July 12th 07, 10:22 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 19
Posted By Arthur Small
Rookie Help Needed - Can This Camera Be Fixed - Link to Pictures

Looks like a new camera is in your future!

www.alldigital.fotopic.net
Forum: Digital Photography June 18th 07, 10:41 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 11
Posted By Arthur Small
China - more pictures

Out West and out of the big city you can find clear air.
www.alldigital.fotopic.net
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras February 19th 07, 01:26 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 40
Posted By Arthur Small
You know that 8" x 10" "rule?"

Sounds more like an old wife's tale than a rule. I have had 24 x 36 prints
made from 4 MP cameras. Not using ink jet.
www.alldigital.fotopic.net
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras February 14th 07, 03:39 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 0
Posted By Arthur Small
Canon lenses are more versatile and better than Nikkors!

WOW. Now I can look for old Canon lens to replace the broken leg on my
chair.
www.alldigital.fotopic.net
Forum: Digital Photography December 19th 06, 12:40 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 42
Posted By Arthur Small
Candid shots of people.

Here is a podcast on street photography on Radiant Vista,
http://www.radiantvista.com/archive/podcast/22/

See people of China at www.alldigital.fotopic.net
Forum: Digital Photography December 11th 06, 05:44 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 5
Posted By Arthur Small
ACDSee Pro

What do you mean by a long time. I open a RAW file in about five seconds.
www.alldigital.fotopic.net
Forum: Digital Photography October 16th 06, 10:10 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 13
Posted By Arthur Small
What are the best cameras & set ups out there now

Best is what you can afford that will do what you want it to do.

www.alldigital.fotopic.net
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras October 8th 06, 07:34 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 20
Posted By Arthur Small
Help please w monopod or tripod

Feisol makes good light weight tripods and monopods. Ball heads are not
light weight, and cost as much or more than tripod/monopod.
www.alldigital.fotopic.net
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras September 20th 06, 08:09 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 18
Posted By Arthur Small
Can people differentiate between 200 & 300 dpi?

A very basic answer to this question is " If it looks good, it is good."

Dealers choice!

www.alldigital.fotopic.net
Forum: Digital Photography September 8th 06, 01:27 PM Posted to alt.art,rec.photo.digital,alt.art.photo
Replies: 12
Posted By Arthur Small
Glass vs. Acrylic

None reflective Acrylic had many advantages.

Problem is it is not that easy to find.

Bob Williams where do you get your supply?

www.alldigital.fotopic.net
Forum: Digital Photography September 2nd 06, 12:29 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 10
Posted By Arthur Small
Best Tripod?

There is NO best. But look at the Feisol 3401. extends to 66.14 inches.
www.alldigital.fotopic.net
Forum: Digital Photography August 28th 06, 03:37 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 9
Posted By Arthur Small
Tripods and airlines

Unless you have a HARD case, I don't believe that you would want to ship
your tripod as checked baggage.

I pack my CF tripod in among my clothing, goes with checked...
Forum: Digital Photography August 25th 06, 04:36 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 23
Posted By Arthur Small
Why can I only burn 3000 files to a DVD?

I burn my RAW NEF files to DVD and while each file is about five Meg I get
about 700 files on a 4.7 Gb DVD.

I don't believe that there is any limit to the number of images you can burn
to a DVD as...
Forum: Digital Photography August 20th 06, 05:02 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 5
Posted By Arthur Small
D70 Flash Cards

If it works for you WHY?
www.alldigital.fotopic.net
Forum: Digital Photography August 16th 06, 07:17 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 81
Posted By Arthur Small
best camera for pano photography?

My Nikon D70s takes panos all the time. Like other users I see the scene
through the viewfinder.

www.alldigital.fotopic.net
Forum: Digital Photography August 15th 06, 02:35 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 1
Posted By Arthur Small
Dell laptop battery problem

If you are concerned about the recall go to www.dellbatteryprogram.com and
find out if your battery is among those being recalled.

www.alldigital.fotopic.net
Forum: Digital Photography August 10th 06, 08:23 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 11
Posted By Arthur Small
Shooting in Raw format

You adjust the first RAW image and apply the adjustments to the remaining
four. No need to adjust each individually.

www.alldigital.fotopic.net
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras July 31st 06, 06:51 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe,alt.photography,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 145
Posted By Arthur Small
Tripods and monopods in Italian museums, monopod shutter speed rule

Have never been in a museum that allowed either.
www.alldigital.fotopic.net
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment July 31st 06, 06:51 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe,alt.photography,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 138
Posted By Arthur Small
Tripods and monopods in Italian museums, monopod shutter speed rule

Have never been in a museum that allowed either.
www.alldigital.fotopic.net
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras July 19th 06, 08:57 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 7
Posted By Arthur Small
Cleaning Sensor

I would NOT use Q tips on my sensor. Pec Pads work, but only after I use a
blower. The Gitzo works very well. If blowing does not remove dust then Pec
Pad or static...
Showing results 1 to 20 of 20