Showing results 1 to 19 of 19
Search took 1.56 seconds.
Forum: Digital Photography October 18th 09, 01:42 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 67
Posted By [email protected]
DSLR or Not - Or Where I've Come From

Indeed. But I'd (again) point the previouos poster to RFC1855.

"Don't send mail or post messages simply to point out other people's errors
in typing or spelling....

These, more than any other...
Forum: Digital Photography October 18th 09, 01:27 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 67
Posted By [email protected]
DSLR or Not - Or Where I've Come From

Quote from Para 3.1.1 of RFC1855....

"Don't send mail or post messages solely to point out other peoples errors
in typing, spelling or grammar. These, more than any other behavior, mark
you as an...
Forum: Digital Photography October 17th 09, 08:54 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 67
Posted By [email protected]
DSLR or Not - Or Where I've Come From

I'm neither for nor against DSLRs, though I've noticed that there is/has
been lots of smoke about this subject. To put it in a rather different
perspective, I'd like to outline why I have (perhaps a...
Forum: Digital Photography October 16th 09, 04:38 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 10
Posted By [email protected]
Fast and slow SD Cards

Semantics John :-)

Try http://www.sdcard.org/developers/tech/sdxc/

Or to quote....

The next-generation SDXC memory card specification, released to members in
April, 2009, dramatically improves...
Forum: Digital Photography October 16th 09, 12:37 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 24
Posted By [email protected]
Unsharp photography

You can assure good detail in both highllights and shadows by using HDR
(High Dynamic Range) techniques.Although this can be acheived using JPG
images, it's much better done using RAW.
Simply bracket...
Forum: Digital Photography October 16th 09, 12:22 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 24
Posted By [email protected]
Unsharp photography

I can recall the time when all major SLR camera manufacturers offered at
least one soft focus lens - usually at or about 70mm. Same thing with
Hasslebad. Now you can achieve the same effect using...
Forum: Digital Photography October 15th 09, 05:51 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 8
Posted By [email protected]
fire

So sad that someone like him has no friends, so he has to broadcast his
angst by such postings here.

I bet his mother hates him .....

Nice picture BTW.
Forum: Digital Photography October 15th 09, 05:44 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 8
Posted By [email protected]
Aural Picturae

Indeed.

It's sad that he hasn't any friends at all, which means he has to show the
world just why he has no friends by posting his angst here.

Nice pictures BTW. Do you shoot in RAW?
Forum: Digital Photography October 15th 09, 05:18 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 10
Posted By [email protected]
portable digital photo album?

Since these days you're rarely more than a few yards from a DVD player and
TV, have you considered creating your portfolio on a DVD?

I use the Magix Xtreme Photostory, and it is quick and easy to...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras October 15th 09, 05:18 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 4
Posted By [email protected]
If video replaces still cameras

The OP and at least some of the respondents appear to be folk who spend a
lot of money on a DSLR, but fail to use any of the controls which contribute
to great photographs. To so many people, hanging...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras October 15th 09, 05:18 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 3
Posted By [email protected]
If video replaces still cameras

I wonder why Ansel Adams always used a large format camera?

And, if alive today, would he use (say) a 5Mpx digital camera or choose a
15Mpx digital camera?
Forum: Digital Photography October 15th 09, 05:18 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 24
Posted By [email protected]
If video replaces still cameras

I wonder why Ansel Adams always used a large format camera?

And, if alive today, would he use (say) a 5Mpx digital camera or choose a
15Mpx digital camera?
Forum: Digital Photography October 15th 09, 05:18 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 24
Posted By [email protected]
If video replaces still cameras

The OP and at least some of the respondents appear to be folk who spend a
lot of money on a DSLR, but fail to use any of the controls which contribute
to great photographs. To so many people, hanging...
Forum: Digital Photography October 15th 09, 05:18 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 10
Posted By [email protected]
Fast and slow SD Cards

With respect John, I was trying to keep things simple. Whenever data is
written/read from a storage device, to avoid loss of data, buffers have to
be used. Buffers are invariably configured to...
Forum: Digital Photography October 15th 09, 05:18 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 10
Posted By [email protected]
Fast and slow SD Cards

With respect Bob, virtually all SDHC card maufacturers do advertise the
card's speed - on the card itself. You'll see a number (usually within a
circle) which indicates that card's speed and is...
Forum: Digital Photography October 9th 09, 12:42 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 10
Posted By [email protected]
Fast and slow SD Cards

I's ONLY SDHC cards that are 4x and 6x.

The SDHC technology was specifically developed to allow higher speed
read/writed. To handle SDHC card's higher speed, the device must have read
and write...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras October 5th 09, 08:22 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 10
Posted By [email protected]
The Value Of An Apology, At Least From A Republican's Perspective!!

I'm reminded of a comment that came from a British Para I know who'd fought
alongside the US marines in the second Gulf war. "Americans have big guns to
compensate for small dicks". Made me laugh...
Forum: Digital Photography October 5th 09, 07:48 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 65
Posted By [email protected]
New newsgroup.....

Right On....

Three little questions for the clueless....

Q1 What does the "rec" mean?
Q2 What does the "photo" mean?
Q3 What does the "digital" mean?

And there are indeed trolls of all...
Forum: Digital Photography October 2nd 09, 01:36 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 0
Posted By [email protected]
qq on should buy Canon

Since you have well defined your needs, why go as far as a DSLR which is
somewhat bulky to carry about? I'd suggest that you have a look at the Canon
G10 which, while being smaller and easy to carry,...
Showing results 1 to 19 of 19