Showing results 1 to 25 of 99
Search took 0.18 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Robert Sneddon
Forum: Digital Photography November 19th 10, 01:25 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 10
Posted By Robert Sneddon
Are lithium AA 1.5V or 1.7V?

In message , SMS
writes

Of course, to digress, there are many reasons why you're better off
with proprietary Li-Ion packs than...
Forum: Digital Photography November 17th 10, 11:11 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 54
Posted By Robert Sneddon
Is video degrading new still camera models?

In message , John Turco
writes
John McWilliams wrote:

On 11/5/10 PDT 5:49 PM, Kennedy McEwen wrote:
In article...
Forum: Digital Photography September 8th 10, 05:15 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 106
Posted By Robert Sneddon
Do Canon's competitors have something like CHDK? Time Lapse, etc?

In message , Ofnuts
writes
On 08/09/2010 14:32, Robert Sneddon wrote:

Using a CHDK-equipped Canon at a very high shutter...
Forum: Digital Photography September 8th 10, 01:32 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 106
Posted By Robert Sneddon
Do Canon's competitors have something like CHDK? Time Lapse, etc?

In message , Wolfgang
Weisselberg writes
DanP wrote:

And have you seen anything taken at that speed...
Forum: Digital Photography September 7th 10, 10:30 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 106
Posted By Robert Sneddon
Do Canon's competitors have something like CHDK? Time Lapse, etc?

In message , tony cooper
writes

Does anyone? I have yet to see an example of a good photograph that
was taken utilizing...
Forum: Digital Photography July 11th 10, 01:07 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 19
Posted By Robert Sneddon
Can anybody recommend a good 24" monitor?

In message 1278800385.183703@athprx04, G Paleologopoulos
writes
"Robert Sneddon" wrote news:pA5omqSGbOOMFw+V@
nospam.demon.co.uk...

One of...
Forum: Digital Photography July 10th 10, 10:31 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 19
Posted By Robert Sneddon
Can anybody recommend a good 24" monitor?

In message , lofi
writes
If you intend to do color managed printing then look for a panel that
uses IPS technology unless your budget is...
Forum: Digital Photography July 6th 10, 11:17 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 39
Posted By Robert Sneddon
Synergy Batteries -- Can anyone comment?

In message , SMS
writes
On 06/07/10 6:21 AM, Robert Sneddon wrote:

The Sanyo Eneloop low-discharge NiMH battery technology...
Forum: Digital Photography July 6th 10, 02:21 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 39
Posted By Robert Sneddon
Synergy Batteries -- Can anyone comment?

In message , J. Clarke
writes

There appear to be two "Synergy" battery product lines, one produced by
Hahnel in Germany and the other by...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras March 27th 10, 11:39 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 38
Posted By Robert Sneddon
Why Pentax dumped the aging CF card

In message , Alan Browne
writes

A woman I know did it to her D70 and it cost $2-300. I've not heard of
anyone...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras February 19th 10, 12:33 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 5
Posted By Robert Sneddon
Why do we need cameras like the D700 or D3s?

In message , Martin Brown
writes
Anon wrote:
What does 25,600 ISO film look like??? I can't think of me ever
using an
Forum: Digital Photography February 2nd 10, 05:17 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 29
Posted By Robert Sneddon
Apple announces iPad with larger screen

In message hk93jg$bqc$1@qmul, whisky-dave
writes

It will obviously take a fair share of the netbook market. Those that have
netbooks
but don;t really use them as...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras January 31st 10, 02:43 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 105
Posted By Robert Sneddon
iPad: Apple could sell camel dung to their fans

In message , Alan Browne
writes

While I looked forward to the iPad, it does lack. Why no USB port?
(you need an...
Forum: Digital Photography January 28th 10, 10:28 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 24
Posted By Robert Sneddon
Q : which compact digital camera do you recommend

In message , David J
Taylor

writes
"Ray Fischer" wrote in...
Forum: Digital Photography January 21st 10, 09:00 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 7
Posted By Robert Sneddon
Canon A1100IS

In message , SMS
writes
Robert Sneddon wrote:

My next camera is
likely to be a Panasonic LX3 if I can't get my A640...
Forum: Digital Photography January 20th 10, 08:24 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 7
Posted By Robert Sneddon
Canon A1100IS

In message , SMS
writes
Robert Sneddon wrote:
I've suddenly noticed a lot of special offers for Canon A1100 IS
cameras...
Forum: Digital Photography January 20th 10, 03:24 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 7
Posted By Robert Sneddon
Canon A1100IS

I've suddenly noticed a lot of special offers for Canon A1100 IS
cameras appearing in the UK; big price cuts for a compact camera with
IS, 4x zoom etc. I presume it is being end-of-lifed and the...
Forum: Digital Photography November 23rd 09, 01:06 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 29
Posted By Robert Sneddon
P&S's still have rotten quality (Canon G10)

In message , John Turco
writes

Occasionally, I've daydreamed about converting a C3 into a digicam. Imagine,
a full-frame image sensor in...
Forum: Digital Photography July 8th 09, 01:06 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 15
Posted By Robert Sneddon
why is the limit for digital video set at 3minute

In message , Ofnuts
writes
Chris Malcolm wrote:

I don't know how important this is but come countries do have
different taxes...
Forum: Digital Photography March 13th 09, 02:57 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 46
Posted By Robert Sneddon
Rechargable batteries

In message , David J
Taylor writes

A disadvantage which Sanyo eneloops appear to have...
Forum: Digital Photography February 7th 09, 09:34 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 4
Posted By Robert Sneddon
Need advice on Canon P&S

In message , mianileng
writes
Peabody wrote:

I guess what gives me pause is a wide-open aperture of 2.6,

I'm not sure what you...
Forum: Digital Photography December 6th 08, 09:06 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 646
Posted By Robert Sneddon
The sickening reality of high ISO on a P&S

In message
, Pete D
writes

"Robert Sneddon" wrote in...
Forum: Digital Photography December 6th 08, 07:02 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 646
Posted By Robert Sneddon
The sickening reality of high ISO on a P&S

In message , SMS
writes

b) why the P&S makers even feel compelled to include the ability to
shoot at high ISO when they know...
Forum: Digital Photography October 3rd 08, 08:00 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 22
Bye
Posted By Robert Sneddon
Bye

In message ,
Blinky the Shark writes
Böwser wrote:

"Charles" wrote in message
Forum: Digital Photography October 3rd 08, 02:28 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 22
Bye
Posted By Robert Sneddon
Bye