Showing results 1 to 25 of 51
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Forum: Digital Photography December 24th 06, 05:48 PM Posted to rec.video.desktop,alt.video.vcr,rec.video,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 12
Posted By [email protected]
Question about Mini DV Camcorders

wrote:
I have a old hunker JVC VHS-C Camcorder. It does the job, however its
bulky, and cannot plug into my computers without a Video Capture
device, which can be hard to...
Forum: Digital Photography December 9th 06, 11:04 PM Posted to sci.electronics.repair,rec.photo.digital,rec.video.desktop
Replies: 8
Posted By [email protected]
How are standards for components like Firewire connectors created?

Doc wrote:
As noted in a previous thread, I had problems with a Firewire 4-pin
connector in a camcorder and after giving it a close examination
realized that the configuration for the port is...
Forum: Digital Photography December 1st 06, 03:51 PM Posted to rec.video.desktop,sci.electronics.repair,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 26
Posted By [email protected]
Feasability of repairing dead 1394 connector on Sony Dig8 camcorder?

We lost the Firewire port on two different Canon camcorders, and
discussed this with a guy at our best photo store in the area. He
claims on the Canon and many other camcorders the 1394 interface is...
Forum: Digital Photography September 6th 06, 02:29 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 17
Posted By [email protected]
Photographing eyeballs.

irwell wrote:
Anybody ever took a photo of the
interior of the eye?

Any time you use flash and get redeye, that is what you have done :-)
Forum: Digital Photography September 5th 06, 02:45 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 6
Posted By [email protected]
Pixels and sensor size - a new angle..

John Ortt wrote:
I have been following the numerous topics on how many pixels we will get to
with interest but I have a question which doesn't quite fit in.

It just occured to me that you...
Forum: Digital Photography September 3rd 06, 02:18 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 8
Posted By [email protected]
spots in lens

Bucky wrote:
I discovered that I have spots in my lens on my Canon SD200, which is
an ultracompact. The spots are in the exact same places (upper right)
in every photo. It is very obvious when...
Forum: Digital Photography September 2nd 06, 03:05 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 5
Posted By [email protected]
building a studio on your house ?

picture taker wrote:
i may be adding a room onto my house and thought of also adding a
whole other room as a studio (all things considered $ ) .or making the
one new room 2 rooms.

ive...
Forum: Digital Photography September 2nd 06, 03:01 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 30
Posted By [email protected]
What exactly is "Image Stabilization"?

wrote:
I'm a total newbie in digital camera. What exactly is Image
Stabilization and how does it apply in practical use? As I understand
it, camera shaking blur becomes a...
Forum: Digital Photography August 31st 06, 03:11 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 11
Posted By [email protected]
why only one camera with 15x zoom?

Mr.Bolshoyhuy wrote:
The Samsung Digimax Pro815 is equipped with a 15X optical zoom with a
focal length of 28 - 420mm [35mm equivalent].
Looks like it is the only camera with a 15x zoom. Why...
Forum: Digital Photography August 30th 06, 03:13 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 4
Posted By [email protected]
Take The New Palm Size Digicam Anywhere?

wrote:
The World's Smallest Digital Camera & Webcam

Finally the latest in revolutionary technology makes this mini digital
camera available and affordable for...
Forum: Digital Photography August 30th 06, 03:03 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 4
Posted By [email protected]
Optimal Viewing Distance vs Dots Per Inch

wrote:
Is there a rule of thumb when it comes to determining the optimal
viewing distance for a particular dpi?

Do you mean printer dots or pixels per inch. There is...
Forum: Digital Photography August 27th 06, 03:17 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 16
Posted By [email protected]
Focal Plane Shutters

David J. Littleboy wrote:

So my question is, is that really stopping the action in the same way that
a leaf shutter is doing? If you shot a hummingbird with a focal plane
shutter, would...
Forum: Digital Photography August 26th 06, 02:38 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 14
Posted By [email protected]
Bayer mosaic filter array question

Mxsmanic wrote:
writes:

Depends on the type of filter. Some filters reflect the light that the
filter does not transmit, others absorb it. My impression is the...
Forum: Digital Photography August 25th 06, 03:13 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 2
Posted By [email protected]
File type & sizes

Depends on how much editing you do. When saved at moderate
compression, jpegs are fine for the original save. The problem comes
when you edit, resave (which recompresses), edit again, resave,...
Forum: Digital Photography August 25th 06, 03:07 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 14
Posted By [email protected]
Bayer mosaic filter array question

wrote:
The figures in most documentation, that depicts the Bayer filter array,
show the green filter elements as green, the red as red and the blue as
blue. Is that true in...
Forum: Digital Photography August 22nd 06, 02:45 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 6
Posted By [email protected]
Copying Images To CD Confusion

Mahombi via PhotoKB.com wrote:
As a recently deflowered digital virgin, who is barely on nodding terms with
Photoshop, I have a problem which I am sure you digital boffins out there,
will...
Forum: Digital Photography August 22nd 06, 02:38 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 3
Posted By [email protected]
resample to get exact ppi?

Duncan Chesley wrote:
Hi,

I was reading Weldon's web site. For 11x14 prints they recommend
either 240 ppi or 360 ppi.

I've read different things in different places about the necessity...
Forum: Digital Photography August 21st 06, 02:50 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 7
Posted By [email protected]
Amateur seeking advice

Fran wrote:
Hi there, This might be the wrong group but it seems like a very good
place to start. I'm a relative beginner planning to buy an SLR camera
in the next few weeks as I'm going to...
Forum: Digital Photography August 21st 06, 02:41 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 56
Posted By [email protected]
Photographers are loners?

doopydoo wrote:
it's just an observation but i see a majority die hard photographers are
loners

What about the good local camera clubs? I see many really good,
dedicated photographers in such...
Forum: Digital Photography August 20th 06, 02:27 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 13
Posted By [email protected]
Macro Zoom (so not the Fuji S9500 then...?)

ChrisOfTheOT wrote:
We recently bought a Fuji FinePix S9500 for my wife, Anna. It's a fine piece
of kit, with mega-pixels galore and wonderful optical zoom etc., but Anna
has found a huge (for...

ChrisOfTheOT wrote:
We recently bought a Fuji FinePix S9500 for my wife, Anna. It's a fine piece
of kit, with mega-pixels galore and wonderful optical zoom etc., but Anna
has found a huge (for...
Forum: Digital Photography August 19th 06, 02:56 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 10
Posted By [email protected]
Tripod Recomendation

Tom wrote:
I would like a recommdation for a tripod to use with an Evolt 500. I would
like it lightweight and small ( not a mini) to travel with and of course not
expensive. Is this an...
Forum: Digital Photography August 19th 06, 02:50 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 8
Posted By [email protected]
Convert AVI to JPG

Fitmiss wrote:
I have a Canon SD600. I accidentally took a couple of pictures in Movie
mode and just want a still shot. Is there a piece of software that I
can use to convert a frame into a...
Forum: Digital Photography August 17th 06, 02:51 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 44
Posted By [email protected]
Saving family photos

luk wrote:
wrote:

This depends a lot on the quality of the CD-R disks. I have seen
estimates of from 2-10 years, depending on brand and specifics (and
Forum: Digital Photography August 17th 06, 02:45 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 37
Posted By [email protected]
why are some images sharp and others not

You didn't say whether you are using a tripod. A tripod does two
things. I) makes sure the distance from camera to picture remains the
same (assuming the new painting is set in exactly the same...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 51