Showing results 1 to 25 of 125
Search took 0.02 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Stephen Henning
Forum: Digital Photography October 22nd 09, 02:54 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 1
Posted By Stephen Henning
Good non-film scanner for slides?

OL wrote:

I don't want to invest in a film scanner. Anyone have recommendations
on current flatbed scanners with slide attachments that will result in
good slide scan...
Forum: Digital Photography August 24th 09, 08:11 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 41
Posted By Stephen Henning
An interesting move by Canon

C J Campbell wrote:

So how big would the G11 be if it had a longer telephoto?

The size of the SX20IS which has a 20X telephoto.

It isn't much...
Forum: Digital Photography August 19th 09, 07:49 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 41
Posted By Stephen Henning
An interesting move by Canon

In article
2009081910075575249-christophercampbellremovethis@hotmailcom,

On 2009-08-19 09:51:11 -0700, Stephen Henning...
Forum: Digital Photography August 19th 09, 05:51 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 41
Posted By Stephen Henning
An interesting move by Canon

"Eric Miller" wrote:

Fewer megapixels, higher sensitivity, lower noise. (claimed)

Ironic, the G11 has fewer pixels and faster sensor for mediocre
telephoto and...
Forum: Digital Photography August 8th 09, 03:31 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 21
Posted By Stephen Henning
New Sony Sensor Technology May Help Solve Problems with P&S Cameras

Alfred Molon wrote:

But the sensor is the most important component in a camera. The other
electronics and the software also play a role, but the sensor plays the
Forum: Digital Photography August 5th 09, 10:16 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 0
Posted By Stephen Henning
Sunpak PZ42X does not work with Canon SX10 IS

The PZ40X only has the E TTL mode and the manual modes. I have no idea
what the difference between TTL and E TTL is. In fact it is more
properly Canon E-TTL II. Maybe TTL is a generic mode. E...
Forum: Digital Photography June 16th 09, 06:08 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 10
Posted By Stephen Henning
A digital camera as a scanner

In article
,
tomm42 wrote:

It will work but you have to do it right, have a macro lens 50-60mm is
OK...
Forum: Digital Photography June 13th 09, 03:10 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 69
Posted By Stephen Henning
Canon Reliability

"J. Clarke" wrote:

If consumer reports methodology is so sound why did I have to put two
engines in what they considered to be one of the most reliable cars on the
Forum: Digital Photography June 13th 09, 03:16 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 69
Posted By Stephen Henning
Canon Reliability

nospam wrote:

as i understand it, consumer reports reliability ratings are based on
subscribers sending in surveys. people with problems are more likely
to respond,...
Forum: Digital Photography June 12th 09, 11:57 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 69
Posted By Stephen Henning
Canon Reliability

(Ray Fischer) wrote:

Of course, if you have a bias against Canon then you ignore the
statistics which shows them to be reliable and you focus instead on
the inevitable...
Forum: Digital Photography June 5th 09, 07:32 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 37
Posted By Stephen Henning
Canon PowerShot SX10 IS - any good?

I got my SX10 IS last fall and love it. I do a lot of closeup work and
its closeup features work best NOT in macro mode. Macro mode works well
at short focal lengths, but with longer focal...
Forum: Digital Photography March 23rd 09, 01:41 PM Posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 12
Posted By Stephen Henning
DXO was: Canon G10 & how to get the most IQ

In article wrote:

As the topic says John, "how to get the most IQ" out of a G10.... so
I guess it's both instructional and personal feedback about the cam
for those who...
Forum: Digital Photography March 1st 09, 05:49 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 6
Posted By Stephen Henning
Any thoughts/comparisons on Canon SX1 and SX10

Hi Nick,

SX1 IS takes hi-def movies, and has low-light/low-noise capability.
Those are the only advantages of the CMOS sensor. The slightly higher
pixel count is because it can take either 16x9...
Forum: Digital Photography February 12th 09, 05:33 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 0
Posted By Stephen Henning
Canon Powershot A470

In article
,
Mikie wrote:

I entered this before and got a dozen responses, none of which worked
for me.

Forum: Digital Photography January 19th 09, 10:41 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 6
Posted By Stephen Henning
Canon S50 power supply

"CHRIS KIDD" wrote:

I'm going to use my old Canon S50 as a time-lapse camera. It will be attaced
to a PC with the Cannon software to permit 100 time lapse photos to be
Forum: Digital Photography January 17th 09, 10:49 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 6
Posted By Stephen Henning
Canon S50 power supply

In article ,
"CHRIS KIDD" wrote:

I'm going to use my old Canon S50 as a time-lapse camera. It will be attaced
to a PC with the Cannon...
Forum: Digital Photography January 2nd 09, 05:03 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 19
Posted By Stephen Henning
Quick charger vs Slow: Which last longer NiMH batteries?

John Navas wrote:

Stephen Henning wrote:

The experts sat that it doesn't matter if the charger is properly
designed. The life of a NiMH...
Forum: Digital Photography January 1st 09, 08:28 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 19
Posted By Stephen Henning
Quick charger vs Slow: Which last longer NiMH batteries?

The experts sat that it doesn't matter if the charger is properly
designed. The life of a NiMH battery is defined by a number of charges.
Of course the end of life is not sudden, but a gradual...
Forum: Digital Photography January 1st 09, 04:53 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 25
Posted By Stephen Henning
canon powershots flaking out

John Navas wrote:

Marco Tedaldi wrote in

John Navas schrieb:
"Alan Meyer" wrote:
I once screwed up a camera by taking it near a powerful
x-ray...
Forum: Digital Photography December 29th 08, 04:48 PM Posted to adobe.photoshop.windows,rec.photo.digital,comp.graphics.apps.photoshop,misc.consumers
Replies: 119
Posted By Stephen Henning
Photoshop recommendations

BillGarrens wrote:

In all my travels and in all I have met, rarely does "professional" equate to
"intelligent". Some just keep using what they were told to use long ago,...
Forum: Digital Photography December 29th 08, 04:25 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 0
Posted By Stephen Henning
Canon set advise ?

"fr@nk" wrote:

In fact I had a SX10IS for a week and was surprised with the zoom,
colour accuracy and disappointed with macro (could not get sharp
images at all), but this...
Forum: Digital Photography December 27th 08, 09:00 PM Posted to adobe.photoshop.windows,rec.photo.digital,comp.graphics.apps.photoshop,misc.consumers
Replies: 119
Posted By Stephen Henning
Photoshop recommendations

Matt Ion wrote:

Elements is now up to 7. Much has changed.

And this is reason I should change what I'm already comfortable and
happy with?

PSP has changed...
Forum: Digital Photography December 27th 08, 12:11 AM Posted to adobe.photoshop.windows,rec.photo.digital,comp.graphics.apps.photoshop,misc.consumers

John Navas wrote:

Elements is now up to 7. Much has changed.

In fact, elements usually inherits features from the previous version of
Photoshop. So a new version...
Forum: Digital Photography December 23rd 08, 09:42 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 17
Posted By Stephen Henning
Does anyone here have a SX10?

In article ,
(GregS) wrote:

I held one in the store. Could't figure out the small LCD screen. Can you use
it without
Forum: Digital Photography December 22nd 08, 04:29 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 49
Posted By Stephen Henning
Nat Geo contest winner - with horrid Photoshopping

"RichA" wrote:

"Stephen Henning" wrote in message
"RichA" ...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 125